Poll: What’s your favourite colour MG4?

What’s your favourite colour?

• Total voters
I happened to pull into a kerbside parking space behind my friends with the Leaf yesterday (we were going to the same event). Chat turned to the cars, and what good value the MG4 is. I said I liked the colour. My passenger said "you'll always see Rolfe coming!" It's only a light-ish blue, my dad had Ford Anglias that colour in the 1960s, why does it come over so striking?

Because they’ve been boring of late. It’s a cyclical thing.
I’d have gone for the blue had I not been a bit spoiled by the blue on my i30 being my ideal blue and metallic. Parked next to one once and couldn’t unsee that the i30 was my favourite blue. (Personal preference obvs!) I ruined it for myself heh.
1696194411954.jpeg

I suppose it's a bit off-topic but what's the thinking behind naming the colours after grotty parts of London anyway?
Maybe that’s why they might have changed it from ‘Brixton Blue’ to ‘Holborn Blue’ for the UK market.

…and today I learned that Holborn was a small borough of what now is Camden.

I wonder if the MG Executive Manager, Colour Naming Department lives in central London.

Last edited:
Seriously, is that any better? But I can't see it ever being called Brixton Blue. My car has Brighton Blue on some of its documentation.
It’s Brixton Blue in Australia. From the name, Holborn Blue sounds more posh than Brixton. Brixton sounds a little more like somewhere the Beatles would have hung out maybe.

Brighton is a posh suburb of Melbourne so might jar with Australians who still think of themselves as egalitarian.

I thought Brixton Blue was what they called the slightly darker blue on one of the other MG models.

On what planet is Holborn posh? Even relatively?

Most companies playing this game would go for the expensive properties on the Monopoly board, but not our MG!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, think 'flat' and 'boring' prob the last terms I'd ever use for the orange when the range has a number of much more standard colours but fair play if it's not your thing.

I can relate to this. I’d set on the orange and when I saw it, it wasn’t what I’d imagined and didn’t like it much. But when I went back, it didn’t seem so bad. It’s probably the one I’ll end up getting. The Mrs has put the nix on the grey for safety. I still really like the grey but it’s amazing how different the overall shape of the car looks in the two different colours. The orange looks distinctly wider whereas the grey looks overall more compact.

Seriously considering black roof wrap and the aftermarket wheel scoop trims though. May as well go all out.

My app just gives colour codes, not specific names
"JAY/PBC" which apparently means "Brighton Blue Metallic" (it isn't metallic) & "Black Pearl Metallic" roof, according to an Australian brochure I found.
The UK brochure doesn't give paint codes.

Missing where? In the image earlier it's on the right side.

Edit: I guess you meant in the poll. :)

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums