Radio Freeze?

I had the problem with the radio cutting out this morning. I did the hard reset as suggested and now I have the Home Screen and the settings screen going back and forward. Very strange. Going into the dealer tomorrow morning.
I picked my car up less than a week ago and the dealer confirmed that it had all the latest software updates. My radio has stopped working almost every time I drive the car. Did the reset tonight and had the same problem as you doungn with the home screen. I found going into the satnav screen and back to the home screen sorted out the display problem. Not sure about the radio yet, if it plays up again I will be contacting the dealer.

I picked my car up less than a week ago and the dealer confirmed that it had all the latest software updates. My radio has stopped working almost every time I drive the car. Did the reset tonight and had the same problem as you doungn with the home screen. I found going into the satnav screen and back to the home screen sorted out the display problem. Not sure about the radio yet, if it plays up again I will be contacting the dealer.
Thanks for sharing the info, useful.

Just given that a try. No luck, the screen still moving around. The dealer is fitting me in at 8am tomorrow to have a look.

Just given that a try. No luck, the screen still moving around. The dealer is fitting me in at 8am tomorrow to have a look.
Your problem happened to mine. Came back to life when car went through a flooded road and total underside was submerged. Within seconds screens went to normal and radio came on. There must be a bad earth connection somewhere or static is building up and the water allowed a track to earth to rid the static? My car still at garage for breather and rumble. Get back tomorrow.

mine’s just done the same thing tonight, bouncing between home screen and settings, no access to any functions or heating. rebooted head unit many times, and turned off car twice, but still playing up. Thought this was fixed when I had R30 update installed a month ago. will call dealer tomorrow

So, vehicle into dealer first thing. They couldn’t identify what was causing the problem. They did a factory reset(which I could have done) and the problem has gone away. If it comes back, I need to book it in for a longer period so they can talk to MG about it.

I had this issue for the first time this morning - car two weeks since collection. Bizarre that multiple owners having a similar experience over the current couple of days. Incidentally I had the stupid Charger overheating message on iSmart too since yesterday's android play store updated the app!

I had the problem with the radio cutting out this morning. I did the hard reset as suggested and now I have the Home Screen and the settings screen going back and forward. Very strange. Going into the dealer tomorrow morning.
I had this issue last week. I took it in, and they said it was working OK. it was for about 50 miles then it went funny again. I got frustrated and few short sharp taps on the screen brought it back and it's worked ok ever since. strange .....

Mine was still broken this morning, despite multiple reboots and starts. Then 15 miles into the commute this morning it just started working, screen fixed and radio playing.. Dealer sending report to MG. Also on R30, which is the latest

Just got my car back and now the screen wont swipe left to the settings screen??
Something massively wrong with these screens and software. They better sort them out very soon.

Just got my car back and now the screen wont swipe left to the settings screen??
Something massively wrong with these screens and software. They better sort them out very soon.
Have you rebooted the infotainment system? Press and hold home button for 10 seconds

Have you rebooted the infotainment system? Press and hold home button for 10 seconds
Yeh Old hand at that fix!!! Just goes back to same.
My screen would not swipe left to the other settings screen. Tech guy knew this and reported to MG along with occasional radio freeze, occasional Screen oscillating between main and settings. He rang me at 4:45 saying MG have agreed to supply a new Screen/PC Unit.
So he has ordered one. Sounds like he thinks its a hardware issue as well as software.
Watch this space!!

My radio is working fine . However, if i'm listening to something via AA and there's a traffic announcement it'll interrupt AA but not resume it when the announcement has finished.
Yet another idiosyncrancy

Same issue on mine. Hadn't heard about a 'hard reset' before ... press Home for 15 seconds ? ... so will try that, but bottom line, it shouldn't be happening, and I believe my car is on R30.

As a slight aside .. do people's Navigation map function lock up too ? Mine does periodically with the audio continuing, but the map locking, until press another function and then return to Nav

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back