• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Schedule charging

Just to follow up on my earlier post I have now successfully completed a number scheduled charge sessions! I'm not for once going to say definitively that this is the way to do it but it seems to work. Firstly I am using a home charger which is 'dumb' (an EO mini not connected to the WiFi network) previously I was using a network connected PodPoint. The procedure I am following is this - set the charge schedule via the car infotainment (charge management screen, settings). Then I power off the vehicle again from the infotainment system (safety tab - power off button). Then connect charge cables and finally lock the vehicle. Importantly perhaps/perhaps not, I do not go anywhere near the app until after the charge session has completed. I be interested to hear if this helps out anyone else or I'm just being lucky 😀

Just to follow up on my earlier post I have now successfully completed a number scheduled charge sessions! I'm not for once going to say definitively that this is the way to do it but it seems to work. Firstly I am using a home charger which is 'dumb' (an EO mini not connected to the WiFi network) previously I was using a network connected PodPoint. The procedure I am following is this - set the charge schedule via the car infotainment (charge management screen, settings). Then I power off the vehicle again from the infotainment system (safety tab - power off button). Then connect charge cables and finally lock the vehicle. Importantly perhaps/perhaps not, I do not go anywhere near the app until after the charge session has completed. I be interested to hear if this helps out anyone else or I'm just being lucky 😀
I think you are correct. Leave the app well alone and it works but opening the app seems to override times to a factory set one. Shame as would be good to use the App but frightened to peen it until I’ve unplugged 🤞

Is this procedure still working for you
My Mg didn’t charge last night - first charge since we bought it, i’m now missing my leaf which just worked 🤷‍♀️

I think you are correct. Leave the app well alone and it works but opening the app seems to override times to a factory set one. Shame as would be good to use the App but frightened to peen it until I’ve unplugged 🤞
Is this still working for you
just picked up my mg
first scheduled charge last night didn’t work
lucky i’ve got enough miles for today but i won’t by tomorrow 🤷‍♀️

just picked up my mg
Hi Pam, yes I've not had any other issues. Set the schedule via the infotainment not the app. Then importantly leave the app well alone. Remember to check that you have adjusted your charge settings so you get the desired %battery charge, and that the schedule is set to on. I have noticed that if you set the schedule to charge until completion (rather than charge between selected hours) it can take a couple of attempts to get it to accept the start time. Also make sure that your wall socket hasn't got a conflicting schedule on it. I keep mine dumb (not wifi connected) for that reason. Best of luck!

I never bother with the scheduling of the car, just set it on my charger, Car schedule is set to off and therefore no problems remembering to switch off when I am out and about and having to charge away from home on long journeys.

I never bother with the scheduling of the car, just set it on my charger, Car schedule is set to off and therefore no problems remembering to switch off when I am out and about and having to charge away from home on long journeys.
Hi Rob, I've had issues with wall charger's not connecting to WiFi and not recognising that a vehicle is plugged in. If it works reliably for you it's my certainly another option.

I had an issue last night with my Zappi V2. First time I've charged the car overnight on the Go rate and it failed. The schedule was set in the MyEnergi app as I've always done but it showed the error in the attachment. I reckon the car goes into a deep sleep and the Zappi can't wake it at 12:30am (I know the feeling!). Going to try tonight using the car schedule instead.

Attachments

• Zappi MG4.png
    Zappi MG4.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 69
What process did you use - app / car / Zappi etc, and what order did you do it?

What process did you use - app / car / Zappi etc, and what order did you do it?
Plugged the car in when I got home at 5pm. Schedule already set on the MyEnergi app and the car schedule is not set. Woke up this morning and checked the MG app and the range. Not charged. Loaded the MyEnergi app and it said charge delayed and so did the display on the charger.
This worked fine on my Mini Electric but the Zappi couldn't wake the MG to start the charge. Looking at an API someone was configured for HA to see if I can control the charging that way instead.

I had an issue last night with my Zappi V2. First time I've charged the car overnight on the Go rate and it failed. The schedule was set in the MyEnergi app as I've always done but it showed the error in the attachment. I reckon the car goes into a deep sleep and the Zappi can't wake it at 12:30am (I know the feeling!). Going to try tonight using the car schedule instead.
I'd persevere with the Zappi route, it will work, had our Zappi v2.0 just over a year and the MG4 5 months & 5,000 miles and it's never failed to charge as per your picture - I've been surprised of all the little foibles scheduled Zappi charging has never failed once, until last night - but that was my fault for forgetting to plug it in!

Is this procedure still working for you
My Mg didn’t charge last night - first charge since we bought it, i’m now missing my leaf which just worked 🤷‍♀️

just picked up my mg
The only problem I have is it starts charging before my set times. When I notice I have to run out shouting what a stupid Fing car and go through the ritual of unplugging then sitting in car (wakes up from sleep by sitting in drivers seat) taping on battery in infotainment screen pressing setting cog showing it has my setting times then leaving door open get out and plug car in then shut door and then lock car but look through drivers window to check it shuts down while showing scheduled charging. Then check it hasn’t started charging over next 5 minutes which it sometimes does but once set and goes to sleep it then works fine every night. Never had it NOT charge only complaint is early charging. I have found that you MUST leave the app well alone as opening it to check also wakes the car and often starts charging or reset to what I guess is factory settings and comes on at 10pm.
Otherwise car is fantastic but hoping this FW bug gets fixed in an update soon. 🤞 good luck

I wouldn’t bother with the car schedule, by all accounts it’s not great.

I take it you definitely had the car locked and there were no schedules set on it? Seems that’s the normal reason for the ‘charge delayed’ message on the Zappi. Basically that message means the Zappi is ready to deliver the charge but the car isn’t accepting it.

I wouldn’t bother with the car schedule, by all accounts it’s not great.

I take it you definitely had the car locked and there were no schedules set on it? Seems that’s the normal reason for the ‘charge delayed’ message on the Zappi. Basically that message means the Zappi is ready to deliver the charge but the car isn’t accepting it.
Yeh, car locked and no other schedule set. Made it to and from work with some massive turtle mode events on the way home following the no overnight charge. Only 9% power available! Got back with 7%.

Yeh, car locked and no other schedule set. Made it to and from work with some massive turtle mode events on the way home following the no overnight charge. Only 9% power available! Got back with 7%.
Very odd then. Is the Zappi tethered or untethered? I take it the fast charge works ok?

Worth a shout. Is it a 10 second hold of the home button? Working from home tomorrow so not the end of the world if it fails again.
Yep 10 second hold of the home button will restart infotainment. Worth a try then maybe try setting a schedule on the Zappi for a few minutes time and see if it starts

Out of interest, do you remember what colour the icon on the Zappi was? Might give another clue

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back