• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Schedule charging

Worth checking it when you plug it in, and if there’s a problem. Colours as per the manual are:

Pink: Connected
Green: Charging 100% Green
White: Charging from Grid only
Yellow: Charging mix of grid/green energy
Blue: Charge complete
Red: Error

It's pink at the moment and waiting for excess solar which won't happened as its hammering down. Set it to charge via the car schedule at 6.30 pm for 10 mins. I'll try the Zappi again tonight.

Good idea, hopefully it’ll work for you. Pink is a good sign as the Zappi is doing what it should and has connected to the car

So the car schedule completely failed. Checked the app and in the car and it was set to charge but nothing happened. Set the Zappi to charge on a schedule and it worked this time! I'll set it to charge overnight tonight and see what happens.

I had an issue last night with my Zappi V2. First time I've charged the car overnight on the Go rate and it failed. The schedule was set in the MyEnergi app as I've always done but it showed the error in the attachment. I reckon the car goes into a deep sleep and the Zappi can't wake it at 12:30am (I know the feeling!). Going to try tonight using the car schedule instead.

Just wondering why the blue leaf was set to 100%

The car scheduling is not to be relied on from what I’ve read. Good to hear the Zappi schedule worked this time! Here’s hoping the same happens overnight

Just wondering why the blue leaf was set to 100%
That leaf indicates how much excess green energy the Zappi needs. If it’s set to 100% then it’ll only charge if there is enough green energy. Set it lower than 100 and it can mix the grid with green. It’s actually a pretty smart system

That leaf indicates how much excess green energy the Zappi needs. If it’s set to 100% then it’ll only charge if there is enough green energy. Set it lower than 100 and it can mix the grid with green. It’s actually a pretty smart system
So as I haven't got solar or a battery yet I need to set it at 0%?

So as I haven't got solar or a battery yet I need to set it at 0%?
If you haven’t got those yet, perhaps don’t bother with the Eco settings, unless you want to plug the car in and not have it charge until the scheduled time. The eco setting stops it charging as soon as you plug it in, unless there is enough green energy available.

As for the percentage, if you set it to 0, then it’ll charge immediately from the grid as soon as you plug in, much like the fast setting.

If you prefer to schedule your charging for overnight, then it’s likely best left on the Eco+ setting, as you’ll know then it never draws from the grid until schedule time.

At least that’s my understanding of it anyway. Basically fast mode means it charges as soon as plugged in, the eco modes are different. It’s worth having a good read over the manual.

Overnight charge worked a treat. Also, looks like Zappi and Givenergy reporting the car took 7.2kWh from the charger.

Attachments

• 50793AA4-F9F2-4429-983B-2B40A0B9404A.jpeg
    50793AA4-F9F2-4429-983B-2B40A0B9404A.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
If you haven’t got those yet, perhaps don’t bother with the Eco settings, unless you want to plug the car in and not have it charge until the scheduled time. The eco setting stops it charging as soon as you plug it in, unless there is enough green energy available.

As for the percentage, if you set it to 0, then it’ll charge immediately from the grid as soon as you plug in, much like the fast setting.

If you prefer to schedule your charging for overnight, then it’s likely best left on the Eco+ setting, as you’ll know then it never draws from the grid until schedule time.

At least that’s my understanding of it anyway. Basically fast mode means it charges as soon as plugged in, the eco modes are different. It’s worth having a good read over the manual.
Successful charge 😁
These are the settings I used in the end although as I don't have any other power sources I suspect the blue leaf percentage doesn't do anything in my circumstances.
IMG_20230406_084753447_HDR.jpg

I also set the battery to charge to 80% in the iSmart app and it did only charge to 80%

Successful charge 😁
These are the settings I used in the end although as I don't have any other power sources I suspect the blue leaf percentage doesn't do anything in my circumstances.
View attachment 16719
I also set the battery to charge to 80% in the iSmart app and it did only charge to 80%
All looks good to me. Should only charge during the scheduled hours with those settings and you not having green energy sources.

Edit - as you say, the blue leaf is of little relevance with no green energy available.

I'm having the same problem with my MG4 Trophy with a Zappi charger. As far as I'm concerned, if I set up scheduled charging in the car then the car should only accept charge during the scheduled times no matter what the charger wants to do. If the car is not going to do that then it's a fault with the car that more than triples its running costs and no longer makes it a viable purchase.

I'm having the same problem with my MG4 Trophy with a Zappi charger. As far as I'm concerned, if I set up scheduled charging in the car then the car should only accept charge during the scheduled times no matter what the charger wants to do. If the car is not going to do that then it's a fault with the car that more than triples its running costs and no longer makes it a viable purchase.
Don’t use the in car scheduling, it’s unpredictable at best. Turn it off and use the scheduling in the Zappi - it has never failed me, not once.

Scheduled charging works for me on the MG4 EV Trophy. The secret is not to lock the car with the keys after plugging in charger. So set up the scheduled charging on the infotainment ..then plug in the charger and then just leave it...the car locks itself... I think pressing the lock button on the key over rides the schedule charging .

Scheduled charging works for me on the MG4 EV Trophy. The secret is not to lock the car with the keys after plugging in charger. . .. I think pressing the lock button on the key over rides the schedule charging .
Interesting. It works for me if I lock the car with the button on the handle (Trophy).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 468 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back