SE Owners. Do You Believe That You Have Got The Version With The Best Value.

As I have previously mentioned, I have an SE SR. Having previously bought a top spec car, Ford Fiesta Vignale and felt that it was not worth the extra money, I decided to go for the base MG4 model. And having owned it for 6 months now, I am perfectly happy with it. And even as the base model, the level of equipment is exactly what I wanted. In fact the only thing it does not have that the Ford had was rear reversing camera. Unlike some others, I have not needed to change the wipers or tyres or anything else for that matter. And even the radio is ok.
So. To other SE owners, do you believe that this version represents the best value.
I totally agree, i have MG 4 SE SR since 2 weeks, its great except the absence of rear CAM.
i really surprised that its have very high end options, but without rear CAM

can anyone told me that he can install the rear CAM on MG 4 SE SR?

It's funny, but not having the rear camera was a plus for me in the SE. I don't get on with them. I'm in a courtesy car at the moment, a Peugeot 208, and it has a camera, but backing it into (first) the supermarket car park spot and (second) my driveway was actually harder than doing the same with the SE. It's probably just me.

This isn't a comparison with the Trophy here, but the Peugeot has really convinced me I made the right choice getting the MG4. Of course it takes time to get to know a car, but the minute I got in the (Trophy) demonstrator I loved the MG4. I loved the way it drove, and I didn't feel it was a downgrade from the GTi I'd left parked at the dealer's. I got in the Peugeot, and was basically, what do I do now?

I wouldn't have considered that car as a purchase because it's really smaller than I'd like, but even leaving that aside, I don't like it. It's not lively, its brakes are spongy, it's steering isn't responsive, I wasn't conscious of any regeneration, and buggered if I could get the driver's seat into a position that felt right. The interior seems more plush, but the driver's screen is a triumph of gimmicry over legibility.

The MG4 is a pleasure to drive. The Peugeot seems like a basic-model Fiesta. I don't think I'd be excitedly planning a road trip to Sussex if I'd bought the Peugeot.

It's radio is definitely better, but that's it.

Just got sent a PCP offer on 23 plate (delivery miles) ID3.
8000 miles per year, service plan included.
4 year deal.

Zero deposit, £349 a month.

Cars in stock, immed delivery.
Local dealer (Aberdeen)

Just got sent a PCP offer on 23 plate (delivery miles) ID3.
8000 miles per year, service plan included.
4 year deal.

Zero deposit, £349 a month.

Cars in stock, immed delivery.
Local dealer (Aberdeen)
Cracking deal

Cracking deal

Yes, seems nobody wants one, so they are flogging them off cheap.

Cracking deal indeed.
I don’t think it’s a case of none wanting one, it’s a far more sorted car than the MG.
More a case of the facelift model coming.
At least VW waited 2-3 years before a facelift….

I was making a joke... forgot the emoji, sorry. 😉

The Phase 2 MG4 isn't a facelift, it is a simple model year update, like everyone else does.

Call it what you will, it’s considered the ‘phase 2’ and anyone looking at a 2023 MG4 will want that one, affecting values of the phase 1.

Just like every other model year update ever from everyone else.

If it was ‘just’ the headrest and wheels, I’d agree (although the wheels alone would annoy me)

But I don’t care what anyone says about ‘not needing one’ or ‘I’ve not noticed’, the rear wiper absolutely will be viewed as an admission from MG that they made a booboo and people will gravitate towards that model.

If selling a 2023 car in future, the owner will be asked ‘rear wiper model or not’, I guarantee it.

Clearly my car is worthless and I am doomed. Thanks for pointing it out, you've done me a great service. Praise Be to the wiper gods, who dictate car values from on high. I wonder if anyone will cotton on and come out with TWO rear wipers?!!! On the end of my seat with excited anticipation! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm not sure the average car buyer does that much research when buying a second hand car. What, doesn't it have a rear wiper? No, it's a bit quirky, but I've never felt I needed it. OK then.

Clearly my car is worthless and I am doomed. Thanks for pointing it out, you've done me a great service. Praise Be to the wiper gods, who dictate car values from on high. I wonder if anyone will cotton on and come out with TWO rear wipers?!!! On the end of my seat with excited anticipation! 🤣🤣🤣

I await your example of another manufacturer who has decided after less than a year to slam a rear wiper on a car.
Bizarre behaviour, Mickey Mouse beyond belief.

What is bizarre is that you think the rear wiper is a big deal.
To be fair the video that has not long been posted in the X Power thread, the one with Miles in it, when he's describing the differences between the cars he says "Finally we have rear wiper" sounds like he feels it's a positive and was needed from the way he says it

To be fair the video that has not long been posted in the X Power thread, the one with Miles in it, when he's describing the differences between the cars he says "Finally we have rear wiper" sounds like he feels it's a positive and was needed from the way he says it
Nowhere did I dispute that a model year update makes improvements and obviously newer cars are worth more and yes, of course, an older car becomes less value over time as new improved years come out. Some will value a rear wiper, some will not, ditto bigger wheels, grab handles, etc...

So it was ever thus... no news here.

My issue was the bizarre claim that the rear wiper somehow meant this was a premature "facelift" and the ridiculous statements around this proving MG was a Mickey Mouse outfit etc...

Normally I leave these bowfer outbursts alone, but I am on holiday so I have the time and it is always amusing.

Back to the normal programming...

I'm not sure the average car buyer does that much research when buying a second hand car. What, doesn't it have a rear wiper? No, it's a bit quirky, but I've never felt I needed it. OK then.

Anyone buying a car from a particular year should know if it’s had any spec changes during that year.
2022 car, fair enough, it is what it is.
2023 car, phase 1 or phase 2 ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel