SE Owners. Do You Believe That You Have Got The Version With The Best Value.

Nowhere did I dispute that a model year update makes improvements and obviously newer cars are worth more and yes, of course, an older car becomes less value over time as new improved years come out. Some will value a rear wiper, some will not, ditto bigger wheels, grab handles, etc...

So it was ever thus... no news here.

My issue was the bizarre claim that the rear wiper somehow meant this was a premature "facelift" and the ridiculous statements around this proving MG was a Mickey Mouse outfit etc...

Normally I leave these bowfer outbursts alone, but I am on holiday so I have the time and it is always amusing.

Back to the normal programming...

You don’t think pretty major spec changes within a year is Mickey Mouse?
I didn’t even mention the one pedal thing.
it absolutely is 🤷‍♂️

You don’t think pretty major spec changes within a year is Mickey Mouse?
I didn’t even mention the one pedal thing.
it absolutely is.
It is a year since the launch. This this is the next model year. It really isn't complicated. People's first services are coming up.

A rear wiper is not major. That is utter complete nonsense.

One pedal is clearly adding a feature they didn't have ready for last year, nothing unusual in that, other makes have done similar.

I get that you think this is proof of the uselessness of MG. I think exactly the opposite, it is proof of responsiveness.

We have a happy disagreement. 😁

It is a year since the launch. This this is the next model year. It really isn't complicated. People's first services are coming up.

A rear wiper is not major. That is utter complete nonsense.

One pedal is clearly adding a feature they didn't have ready for last year, nothing unusual in that, other makes have done similar.

I get that you think this is proof of the uselessness of MG. I think exactly the opposite, it is proof of responsiveness.

We have a happy disagreement. 😁

Again, I’d argue the one pedal thing is unusual.
I can’t think of any other EV manufacturer that’s started out without (true) one-pedal and then added it later, can you?
As far as I can recall, these decisions are made pre-launch.
Have they even decided if it’s being added to ‘older’ (cough…) cars yet?

Again, I’d argue the one pedal thing is unusual.
I can’t think of any other EV manufacturer that’s started out without (true) one-pedal and then added it later, can you?
As far as I can recall, these decisions are made pre-launch.
Have they even decided if it’s being added to ‘older’ (cough…) cars yet?
Hmmmm... we are a long way from SE being the best version. Ho hum.

Neither you nor I like one-pedal, so it is odd that we are talking about it now.

Here are the possibilities:
- MG decided all along to incorporate one-pedal but couldn't do it in time for launch (my theory: cue heavy rock music and an MG4 snaking its way up a mountain with lots of oversteer)

- MG thought they would test the market reaction first and introduce only if enough people asked for it (cue light strings and percussion, lots of hidden glimpses of the car as it passes but we can't quite see it)

- Clueless MG panicked when the MG4 bombed because it lacked one-pedal, so they hastily hacked it in, breaking things in the process (your theory: cue Benny Hill music and a cartoon MG4 where the doors and wheels fall off).

😎

Tesla

Plus rather a lot of other things that they added or removed from production cars that were already sitting on customers driveways!

Please stop this nonsense, you don't like MG, we get the message, now please depart for the Cupra forums and shut the door as you leave.

Thanks.

Tesla

Plus rather a lot of other things that they added or removed from production cars that were already sitting on customers driveways!

Please stop this nonsense, you don't like MG, we get the message, now please depart for the Cupra forums and shut the door as you leave.

Thanks.
I don't want him to go, Val. Tesla is a good example though.

Tesla

Thanks.
I thought we got past all this crap

We have, but for newcomers bowfer and yourself it takes them a bit of time to get used to you and to understand where you are coming from.
I've been on my best behaviour recently, I've been very supportive and tried to be positive😇

Mine is one of the early ones with rear privacy glass. I'd take that over a rear wiper personally,
Whaaat, the new ones don'y have privacy glass ???
This is the first car I've had that has it and I love it, it keeps the dog cool.

The SE was never intended to come with privacy glass - it's just that the first batch of SEs were fitted with privacy glass (or at least a heavier tint) in error. (I have one of them).

I saw an ER in grey today that will be our local dealers demo car, sat in drivers seat to see the real difference between wives LR without rear wiper & central headrest and my incoming ER ( got date of 1st week November collection).
What did I find ? Well I predicted that central rear head rest would obscure more of an already quite narrow rear view, making the rear wiper useless.
What did I find in real life ? Sit in driver seat and rear view is reduced with the central headrest so when mine arrives this is coming out.
Go to rear of car and look back into the car behind the wiper, lo and behold the tiny wiper sweep any snow or rain cleared the view is obscured by the central headrest !.
If you want to have any benefit from the wiper, the headrest has to go.
Skoda have a tag line of "simply clever" for some of the tiny changes they make - this falls into its own category of "simply daft".
Just my opinion.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel