Service book and charging port cover

teejayuu

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello all,

Bought my Trophy a couple of months ago. Have a few issues that have been covered in other threads so will not list them here and go over old ground, but I have a couple of questions:
  1. I don't seem to have a service book. Is this normal?
  2. Should there be a cover for the main charging port? There is one attached for the bottom (2 pin) socket. Just a bit worried about getting water in it.
    1688915189338.jpeg
Thanks

Hello all,

Bought my Trophy a couple of months ago. Have a few issues that have been covered in other threads so will not list them here and go over old ground, but I have a couple of questions:
  1. I don't seem to have a service book. Is this normal?
  2. Should there be a cover for the main charging port? There is one attached for the bottom (2 pin) socket. Just a bit worried about getting water in it.View attachment 18872
Thanks
But nothing stops you placing a cover , so whats the problem ?

I have charged in the rain and worried about water ingress but not when the port door was shut. Although there is a drain socket I covered the gap between the open door and the car with cling film to keep out the raindrops. You could use similar inside if you are worried. Also, avoid pressure-washing in that area.

I have charged in the rain and worried about water ingress but not when the port door was shut. Although there is a drain socket I covered the gap between the open door and the car with cling film to keep out the raindrops. You could use similar inside if you are worried. Also, avoid pressure-washing in that area.
The charge port is well protected when the cover is closed, as per the message on the cover arm, don't wash with it open.
When it's charging with the socket plugged into it, it forms a seal around the connections and pins are set down within the body of the socket. A manufacturer will have to meet a safety standard with the car so exposure to electrocution is negligible I would expect, so all should be good. That said it would not harm to place a cover over the port and lid when charging outside.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back