dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Sunday morning well spent, cleaned inside and out. I do like the Supagard cleaning pack that came with the car. Have added some additional items over the past year to make cleaning a lot quicker and easier. Still got to try their Paint Seal cream that another member recommended.
IMG_20240303_124213.jpg

Looking good! And a nice clean car, drives better and is faster, don't ya know, fact! 😎🙂👍
100% facts.

But you didn’t mention the extra range you will get!

Few days back I washed & waxed my car

Used a ceramic coating ( for plastics ) front, back & sides, even done the wheel covers

Rain X on windows inside & out

Hoover inside

If this hasn’t added another 50 miles of range to my MG I’ll be taking the cleaning products back to Halfords & demanding a refund 😁

100% facts.

But you didn’t mention the extra range you will get!

Few days back I washed & waxed my car

Used a ceramic coating ( for plastics ) front, back & sides, even done the wheel covers

Rain X on windows inside & out

Hoover inside

If this hasn’t added another 50 miles of range to my MG I’ll be taking the cleaning products back to Halfords & demanding a refund 😁
Do it every few days and get a refund on your gym membership as well! :D

Family think I'm a saddo for cleaning it so often. Heard daughter laughing with her driving instructor when she came back from her lesson. I let them both know I don't care. I then made my daughter practise some of tasks you have to know for the test. Like checking tyre pressures, opening bonnet, topping up washer fluid. She asked me where the dipstick was 😂🤣
Checking the car SML.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely red, I wish I had one, Oh!!!! I do :)

Looking great in those pics.

I cleaned mine this morning, then went out to lunch and we had to go down some semi-flooded and muddly lanes and it got dirty again.
Have you been targeted by any of our flying friends?

If I had a £1 for every time I have cleaned/waxed a car, only for a short time after noticed some bird crap on it I’d be a very rich person 😳

Have you been targeted by any of our flying friends?

If I had a £1 for every time I have cleaned/waxed a car, only for a short time after noticed some bird crap on it I’d be a very rich person 😳
Not yet, but I have switched on the seagull magnet by cleaning it.

Did you tell her that he's usually behind the steering wheel? ;)
star trek GIF

Not yet, but I have switched on the seagull magnet by cleaning it.

star trek GIF
They are the worst. Especially bad over here in the summer & the cars been sitting in the sun all day with droppings on it.

Then it can be tricky to clean without leaving/putting some marks on the car.

They are the worst. Especially bad over here in the summer & the cars been sitting in the sun all day with droppings on it.

Then it can be tricky to clean without leaving/putting some marks on the car.
Bird Sh1t is particularly bad if they've been eating Blackberries, sounds daft, but it ain't, if left on all day, particularly in Summer, it can stain quite badly. 🙄

Bird Sh1t is particularly bad if they've been eating Blackberries, sounds daft, but it ain't, if left on all day, particularly in Summer, it can stain quite badly. 🙄
I have read this about blackberries

I follow a couple of car detailing channels & apparently there was a study done ( who & how they done the study I don’t know 😂 ) but if you have a red car it’s 18% more likely a bird will do its thing on it. Black cars came in second

This is the first grey car I’ve had ( MG Camden Grey ) & as yet I haven’t had to take drastic action

When I see droppings on my car, as soon as I can I get a soaked/soapy cloth & rinse it on area, leave 20 minutes & do it again. Then usually it’s ok to clean off but I’m still very light handed incase its really stuck on

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back