Rubber gloves, detailing spray and a few MF cloths available at all time in my boot these days 😁👍

I had bad paint etching once in Summer on a hot sunny day. PITA to remove ... wet sanding and machine polish required 😒

Attachments

• Evil Birds.jpg
    Evil Birds.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 54
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sunday morning well spent, cleaned inside and out. I do like the Supagard cleaning pack that came with the car. Have added some additional items over the past year to make cleaning a lot quicker and easier. Still got to try their Paint Seal cream that another member recommended.View attachment 24537
Ouch, that hurts. We found a scratch on the door today, and it draws the eye like a kid picking at a sore scab. Not sure what we'll do about it. It's shallow, fortunately, but Goth Leo the SELR is black, so it stands out.
That red looks good, though.

if you have a red car it’s 18% more likely a bird will do its thing on it. Black cars came in second
In that case my driveway is a bird guano magnet. Got one red and one black car on the drive

I use Poor Boys Bird Sh#t remover.
I use the Supagard version, came with the car, works well. Have used it a lot, around 18% more than anyone else! :ROFLMAO:

In that case my driveway is a bird guano magnet. Got one red and one black car on the drive

I use the Supagard version, came with the car, works well. Have used it a lot, around 18% more than anyone else! :ROFLMAO:
Ever thought about putting a roof over your driveway? 😂

As I posted before though, how & who ( & why ) has done this survey?

I’ve had many cars over the years, a lot of different colours & all have been bombarded. Lucky so far with my grey MG but it will change especially come summer when we have the odd days down the beach & the car will be parked up for hours in the hot sun, then the battle will really begin!

I follow a couple of car detailing channels & apparently there was a study done ( who & how they done the study I don’t know 😂 ) but if you have a red car it’s 18% more likely a bird will do its thing on it. Black cars came in second

Could have done with knowing that before choosing a red car. Just been out this morning to find that one of the little blighters had got a direct hit on the driver's door handle...

Could have done with knowing that before choosing a red car. Just been out this morning to find that one of the little blighters had got a direct hit on the driver's door handle...
I know David Attenborough is getting on a bit, but one more series about wildlife having a sense of humour would not go amiss.:rolleyes:

Luckily I don't seem to get a lot of Bird Crap on my car. (Famous last words) But when I do, it's usually a Big un. And the offending Bird, must be able to fly at least 100ft higher after getting rid of it. :oops: :rolleyes:

Luckily I don't seem to get a lot of Bird Crap on my car. (Famous last words) But when I do, it's usually a Big un. And the offending Bird, must be able to fly at least 100ft higher after getting rid of it. :oops:
No, wasn’t the best thing you could have said 🤣

Like mentioned here, the blackberries are bad but a lot of birds eat tiny pebbles, grit, rocks, I believe it’s to do with their digestion so if this lands on the car, drys out it can cause issues if not cleaned off properly

Talking of cleaning products. I don’t know what you folks use & if all Halfords have the offer but I not long came out of my local store & they have 20% off Autoglym products.

Luckily I don't seem to get a lot of Bird Crap on my car. (Famous last words) But when I do, it's usually a Big un. And the offending Bird, must be able to fly at least 100ft higher after getting rid of it. :oops: :rolleyes:
I used to get loads on the ZS as the birds loved to perch on the roof bars and inevitably dropped one in the effort of taking off. Hardly any on the 4 as there's nowhere for them to perch.

Last year in the evening after I had given the car a good clean and polish in the morning mayflies were mating above the black roof and trying to lay their eggs in what they thought was a black pond 😡

IMG_1280.jpeg

Check out the pretty little soft cotton mittens I fit lovingly to my door mirrors when the local tribe of marauding sparrows get up to their breeding palaver. They were admiring themselves in the mirrors as they tried hard to give the car white highlights.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back