Software updates ZS EV

Outside Temperature is now visible on Centerdisplay (right top corner, but only shows whole numbers, even if the decimal place is available.)
Kilometers / miles remaining range on Dashdisplay
Faster startup, only 1 (new) Bong and during driving no annoying Bling Blong from Lane Assist

View attachment 185View attachment 186

Is the temp reading coming from the car (fitted gauge) or over a dab signal?

Just spoken to my local MG dealer and they aren’t aware of any such updates here in the UK...really frustrating.
I’ve just emailed the MG head office to ask them for further clarification, I’ve also advised them that they should review the comments on this forum and about the MG app, which we would welcome here in the UK...

Last edited:
Mark,

I have contacted my MG Dealer here in Edinburgh, awaiting a reply, however I suspect Austrian vehicles might be a slightly different specs to UK models to enable them to have this update, for example (already mentioned in these posts) how is outside temperature read? Austrian vehicles might already have a temperature sensor fitted somewhere, ours maybe not.

Regards

Frank

Mark,

I have contacted my MG Dealer here in Edinburgh, awaiting a reply, however I suspect Austrian vehicles might be a slightly different specs to UK models to enable them to have this update, for example (already mentioned in these posts) how is outside temperature read? Austrian vehicles might already have a temperature sensor fitted somewhere, ours maybe not.

Regards

Frank
[/QUOTE
I agreed It would be silly have a temp gauge fitted and not used, however I do feel we need some reassurance from MG about when updates are released, what they do and for, and who can apply them as it’s all very confusing at present.

I asked myself the same question, the car has tons of sensors for the temperature, battery, engine, coolant liquid and also determined one that can measure the outside temperature.

As I understood my dealer last week was the online training for the new EU version and on May 15th the Europe-wide approval for the software - there was also an internal beta phase which was only installed on demonstration vehicles.

it is also a fact that automakers of old ICE brands are not used to making updates and simply want to "box-sell" the car to customers without any interest so see them again.

Last edited:
Update took 2-3 hours, we got a (of course) free loaner.
the engine Control unit and charging unit were also updated.

2 weeks ago we received the 8 tire update, so that the pressure sensors of summer and winter tires can be taught in and it is no longer necessary to learn them when changing tires in the workshop.

felt the MG is now more powerful when accelerating and shows significantly better response.

that was the "big" April update which has moved a bit, release date was 15th of May 2020

Is this something your dealer did at the time of service? or will they provide it stand alone on request?

Is this something your dealer did at the time of service? or will they provide it stand alone on request?
I just contacted the dealer who sold us our car, and spoke with the online chat person about updates. They were very helpful and took my details, and said they sent them to a service centre who would be in touch. Will keep you posted.
cheers,
Nick

Thanks guys for contacting your dealerships, I’ll do the same tomorrow. It all adds pressure on MG UK and their dealers to help us.
On the outside temperature gauge, YouTuber Bjorn Nyland recons it’s via the internet or something and not a sensor.

Thanks guys for contacting your dealerships, I’ll do the same tomorrow. It all adds pressure on MG UK and their dealers to help us.
On the outside temperature gauge, YouTuber Bjorn Nyland recons it’s via the internet or something and not a sensor.

Europe Version does not have any Internet connectivity because of missing Software and removed Connectivity Box

You do get it if your connected to android auto..
As far as updates I’ve heard from MG that there are no updates available on the UK market at this time...really frustrating being in the dark about these issues when you here about updates in other parts of the world.

You are right Mark H. There seems to be no UK update. Is this however due to lockdown or is it simply no update at all?
I have a feeling it may be that after lockdown we may get something. Have you heard anything about this?

@Ian, @Mark Holmes
Thanks. I think I am allowing my wishful thinking get the better of me. One must accept that currently there are no updates and that is it.
We all just have to have patience and bring our concerns and request to MGs notice.

Maybe we do need a little patience, after all, MG dealers aren't even fully open for normal business at this time and the update was only available in Austria as of 15th May. Hopefully in a month or two...

Last edited:
Because of lockdown car delivered by transporter (I live 160 miles from nearest dealer) & doesn't have temperature in RH top corner. It also bongs at everything.
Does this mean it doesn't have the latest update?
Once I get to the bottom of the bonging I might start to see if I enjoy my new car.
Not had time to go through evreyhing yet. MG should perhaps understand that something that warns that you need to blow your nose means it makes you ignore the really important things. Perhaps they should look at another Chinese car - the Volvo - to see how to design safety warning systems. My '65 reg XC 60 does a much better job

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom