Software updates ZS EV

asked my dealer friend about the availability of this update in Europe and Norway ...
Since we shouted the loudest here in Austria, we got it first ;)

the update is definitely for EU + Norway and should be available in the next 2-3 weeks in all countries that officially sell ZS EV.

this was our 3rd update since January:
1st was for charging problems while charging AC
2nd was the 8 tire memory function
3rd was the big one, stop bling and blong, replace annoying noises with pleasant tone, range display and outside temperature.

result of the whole, the power lies with the customer, if we shout loudly as customers, we will also get online connection. But to do this, ALL customers in all countries have to put pressure on MG / SAIC.

We've had the 1st.

The 2nd, I'm personally not too bothered about, a 2nd wheel set can have cloned sensors easily installed for the same or lower cost of the originals, so makes no real difference.

3rd, I really hope we get this one.

asked my dealer friend about the availability of this update in Europe and Norway ...
Since we shouted the loudest here in Austria, we got it first ;)

the update is definitely for EU + Norway and should be available in the next 2-3 weeks in all countries that officially sell ZS EV.

this was our 3rd update since January:
1st was for charging problems while charging AC
2nd was the 8 tire memory function
3rd was the big one, stop bling and blong, replace annoying noises with pleasant tone, range display and outside temperature.

result of the whole, the power lies with the customer, if we shout loudly as customers, we will also get online connection. But to do this, ALL customers in all countries have to put pressure on MG / SAIC.

Hi,
The 1 uppdate on AC charging, what changed?

Hi folks,
I agree we need to all be writing to MG about the tech shortfall of the ZS EV. I will encourage every single member of the ZS EV community to write to MG. I have a feeling some part of MGs approach is still stuck in the "old communist order" where one takes what he/she is given and accepts that is all one can have. We need to bring MGs approach to the current century indicating that as customers we have reasonable expectations the should be considered and meet.

we had problems with AC charging stations, car said "Charger connected but not loading" or something like that, since the update all AC charging points we visit work.
Mine to every time I start charging. But apparently my dealer have the upgrades so I am just waiting to be called in :) And I was their first customer so I recon I should get a high priority.
Next upgrade is hopefully possibility to heat batteries so they charge faster on DC and then app and full package like India and Thailand.

Today I got a new Versions for:

OBC (On Board Charger)

Operation Software Version: 10904882
Configuration File Version: 10751024

EVCC (Electric Vehicle Communication Controller)
Operation Software Version: 10835714
Calibration File: 106541148
Config.File: 10829918

FICM (Front Infotainment Control Module)
Operation Software Version: 10879788
Config.File: 10950642

@admin - is it possible to have a "approved members only" area which is not public visible? some of these details here should not be seen by Google oder SAIC...

Today I got a new Versions for:

OBC (On Board Charger)
Operation Software Version: 10904882
Configuration File Version: 10751024

EVCC (Electric Vehicle Communication Controller)
Operation Software Version: 10835714
Calibration File: 106541148
Config.File: 10829918

FICM (Front Infotainment Control Module)
Operation Software Version: 10879788
Config.File: 10950642

@admin - is it possible to have a "approved members only" area which is not public visible? some of these details here should not be seen by Google oder SAIC...
Hi did you have to pay for the update and has there been a change to your vehicle range? Thanks

Good Day,
As a new member - and having read through previous postings on software updates - I would appreciate advice.
I ordered a new ZSEV early in the year. Apparently this arrived sometime during lock-down - the garage being closed. The dealer contacted me earlier in the week to discuss 'next-steps'. We said we will not be collecting the car until we are sure the lock-down restrictions on our movement (both being older and in limited contact) have been removed.
But before collection, I want to ensure that all software is the latest version.
Question: what software version(s) should be included on the car, whether as original equipment, or subsequently fitted by the dealer?
As a number or members have recommended: I will obviously not take delivery until I am certain that all software is the latest version, and has no dilatory effect on performance/operation.
Many thanks in advance!

Good Day,
As a new member - and having read through previous postings on software updates - I would appreciate advice.
I ordered a new ZSEV early in the year. Apparently this arrived sometime during lock-down - the garage being closed. The dealer contacted me earlier in the week to discuss 'next-steps'. We said we will not be collecting the car until we are sure the lock-down restrictions on our movement (both being older and in limited contact) have been removed.
But before collection, I want to ensure that all software is the latest version.
Question: what software version(s) should be included on the car, whether as original equipment, or subsequently fitted by the dealer?
As a number or members have recommended: I will obviously not take delivery until I am certain that all software is the latest version, and has no dilatory effect on performance/operation.
Many thanks in advance!
Your dealer should prime the vehicle prior to it being released, which will include the most recent software updates it will be easy to check as one clear visual difference is on the centre digits display if you are on speed dial in the bottom left it will show distance remaining rather than the clock if it doesn’t question it as this is one on the changes.

My ZS is from november and has never been updated since. I'll get the latest update next week, is my assumption correct that all previous updates are included in the latest one (thinking of the issues with charging)?

pay for an update which solves all these annoying problems? never!
I know from reliable sources that this is a hot iron at MG (SAIC) and they will be careful not to take money for it!

Then don't pay for it. They are upgrades, not bug fixes.

just been in touch with my dealer they said that the update is free for people who purchased the car from them

We received a call this afternoon from our supplying dealer and they have tested the download on their demonstrator and it proved to be successful they said. We are booked in for Thursday midday and they are Not Charging as we bought the car from them. Will update when its completed.

Getting my car this friday from Frasers Falkirk. They have said car will have up to date software without cost ( he did say I would have had to pay if I had got the early). Fingers crossed everything is updated.

Hi,

I bought my car from Fraser's in Nov 19 and they are charging me just under £90 to install this software update on the 30th Jun .

Regards

Frank

My dealer is charging me £50 inc vat for the update. I wanted to argue, but to be honest I want the upgrade more, so I didn't complain. However I think that £90 is taking the mick!! - again, we should write to MG UK and insist that this update is managed as an optional recall, so the dealers get reimbursed by MG for rolling it out to their customers.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom