Spare Wheel?

Take a look at this regarding the space saver tyre ... Hi from downunder .. Christmas today is 32.C
in Melbourne Australia . Ho Ho HO ????

I have my space saver now. I will be trying it on over the next few days and if it ties OK I will be making a false floor 125mm above the original with a hatch to store my charge leads. I will post when it's done.
I’ll be interested to see how your design goes. I have the same plan.

Is there room for a space saver spare wheel in the boot of the MG4?
Answer is no as I have mg4 and that’s where the motor is so you will have to do what I do and place wheel on floor and grin and bare it

Take a look at this regarding the space saver tyre ... Hi from downunder .. Christmas today is 32.C
in Melbourne Australia . Ho Ho HO ????
Hi gudday from Blighty happy new year from us pomes

Yes the wheel did fit and yes it's a bolt not a nut. The wheel I used was from a seat the same model as golf mk4 I think. I have also now made a false boot floor out of MDF I will see if I can post a photo Dave.

And yes it's a MG4

Not sure if this video from Tom has been uploaded, regarding the carrying a spare wheel in the boot of an MG4 ?.
But Tom already had the MG space saver from his previous Gen1 ZS EV and wanted to use it in his new MG4.
He adapted the lower boot space to accommodate the space saver.
Some loss in boot space height, but if you could spare the room, then it may work for some people ???.
It comes it two parts with two links.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel