Steering gone on my 2021 ZS EV

So no point with your request above then?
Well we know it's a MK1 ev that as failed thanks to your input we know know it's the same part no. That's fitted to the petrol so hopefully someone can confirm the part no. On the MK2 so I don't think it pointless I am hoping the MK2 is different

Well we know it's a MK1 ev that as failed thanks to your input we know know it's the same part no. That's fitted to the petrol so hopefully someone can confirm the part no. On the MK2 so I don't think it pointless I am hoping the MK2 is different
Oh I see. I hope it's the same 😂

Mark II Trophy LR sticker attached.
IMG_20220626_151722_2.jpg

This sounds like the AE35 unit on the spaceship Discovery! (2001 A Space Oddessy reference there for non sci-fi nerds who were wondering) :)

Hope that means it's less likely.... only one way to find out in reality...
At lest it's a different part no.
We think it was part number ending 131 that failed so hopefully 331 has been improved

I agree so far only 2 131 failed in the room and 0 331 don't hurt to keep track
Think we might need a touch more statistical nouse than absolute numbers here to keep things in perspective... expressed as a probability 2 out of ?200,000? 🤷‍♂️ more?🤷‍♂️ mk1s (plus iCE versions you point out use the same part 500k?🤷‍♂️) is a vanishingly small chance - albeit so far, but after ?3 years?

As we know yours & others' mk2s might not even exist yet, & may or may not use similar parts no technically different to those in mk1, so the jury even further out on those odds 👍

So best keep em crossed👍😁

I agree so far only 2 131 failed in the room and 0 331 don't hurt to keep track

Mines not failed or anything approaching that in my mk2, but it has started clunking, seemingly more often than a few weeks ago.

I'll be getting it booked in some time over the next week or two. Needs the software update anyway.

Mines not failed or anything approaching that in my mk2, but it has started clunking, seemingly more often than a few weeks ago.

I'll be getting it booked in some time over the next week or two. Needs the software update anyway.
Have you had a peep under the dash? It's very easy to see the UJs top & bottom.
as you rock the steering there should be no "delay" in the movement of the  whole UJs & connected shafts.

If you do look under, get a pic of the label on the shaft for N2sty, he'll be busting to know 😁👍

Different part no. to those already declared?
Good spot @TonyP
Yeah - Different part number okay ✅.
I wonder if the part number has been superseded ?.
Could this be in responce to the problems with the original lower steering column UJ’s on the Gen 1 models I wonder ??.
Question :- Has anybody who owners a Gen 1 model, who has had there steering column replaced, would be prepared to upload a photo of the part number please 🙏.
I am would interested to see if the OLD part number item, has been replaced with the new part number.
Purely speculation that the Gen1 and Gen2 is a genetic common part that shares the same design ?.
This would be an easy check for somebody to cross reference, between Gen 1 and Gen 2 who has access to the MG parts data base.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom