The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

Well - been and done it. 95% SOH, pretty much as expected.

Took a look at a couple of MG4s whilst waiting - the X-Power had a bulging rear undertray (not terribly-so), but an SE LR didn't. 🤷‍♂️The service manager confirmed that they could see the part for the fix on their systems but couldn't yet order it.

Well - been and done it. 95% SOH, pretty much as expected.

Took a look at a couple of MG4s whilst waiting - the X-Power had a bulging rear undertray (not terribly-so), but an SE LR didn't. 🤷‍♂️The service manager confirmed that they could see the part for the fix on their systems but couldn't yet order it.
How many miles you done?

I'm at 95.2% soh at 10100

Just under 5,400 miles. The service manager said they've actually seen the SOH increase slightly in some cars in subsequent services, but maybe that's just variability based on ambient conditions and SOC when checking. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not concerned re. 95% as the LFP pack is known to show degradation in the first year then level out ... I would be concerned if it was 90% at the next service.

Just under 5,400 miles. The service manager said they've actually seen the SOH increase slightly in some cars in subsequent services, but maybe that's just variability based on ambient conditions and SOC when checking. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not concerned re. 95% as the LFP pack is known to show degradation in the first year then level out ... I would be concerned if it was 90% at the next service.
On our MG ZS EV MK1 our pack went from 92% to 92.4% when measuring it last year and is now at 90.2% with 48000 on the clock at 4.5yrs old

got updated to R33 today - happy to see that more option been added to assign to start buttons, but it woked only on left button , right one wont let me choose ( options are there , but unable to tick the button ) ..MG4 SE - anyone havint the similar issue?
Thanks

Nope - works fine for me. (I have Regen on the right button, Drive mode on the left).

Maybe try rebooting the Infotainment? (Press and hold the physical Home button for 10+ seconds).

Might need a full power cycle? (Disconnect the 12V battery -ve lead, wait a minute then reconnect. You'll probably need to reset the steering wheel [full left/right/back to centre] and the windows [full down, full up, on each window] after doing this).

Other than that I'm out of ideas, other than going back to the dealer in case the update hasn't "taken" properly.

got updated to R33 today - happy to see that more option been added to assign to start buttons, but it woked only on left button , right one wont let me choose ( options are there , but unable to tick the button ) ..MG4 SE - anyone havint the similar issue?
Thanks
Yes my left button won't work (SE SR)

I suspected we are well behind the rest of the world..., but I did not expected that much...
MCU -125.1.3.0
View attachment 21784

Have you noticed any other difference? The ACC speed adjustment is a huge step forward I think.
Hi
I am in Auckland and have the same software version numbers.
Is this an NZ specific software? Why?

I had my car in at Giltrap MG today. They said they checked the software and corrected a bunch of things that Tristram MG hadn't calibrated or set up properly. Showed me some sort of report to prove this.

However, when I looked I still had these weird version numbers.

Seems these versions have none of the nice upgrades others are reporting.

I wonder if the whole update didn't take? A bit like seeing your car is charged to 100% but unplugging it before it's balanced.
My guess it is a bug that is only triggered with some other combination of module versions (and presumably not seen in MGs own testing).

They really hurt themselves by not getting everyone onto the latest software.

I've charged (and balanced) my SE SR a few times since the updates ... the star button settings remain. (I now have regen on the right and drive mode on the left).

My guess it is a bug that is only triggered with some other combination of module versions (and presumably not seen in MGs own testing).

They really hurt themselves by not getting everyone onto the latest software.
Good chance there's different hardware iterations or modules floating about, so will have different firmware requirements for the modules.

Hi
I am in Auckland and have the same software version numbers.
Is this an NZ specific software? Why?

I had my car in at Giltrap MG today. They said they checked the software and corrected a bunch of things that Tristram MG hadn't calibrated or set up properly. Showed me some sort of report to prove this.

However, when I looked I still had these weird version numbers.

Seems these versions have none of the nice upgrades others are reporting.
Since my post, you referring to, I had a "software update" and all the numbers are the same. Including those under the "engineering menu", no changes whatsoever. The car handling improved though, LKA, ACC way better than before. I have no off button in the drop down menu , what I'd really like to have. The service tech promised me to have a look to that. I have no idea how they keeping track of changes... frankly that is a mess... I have to take their words about updating BMS, CCU, EVCC, FDR, FVCM, GW, IMCU, IPK.
Some issue still present, left star button "memory issue", no trip reset after charging (occasionally), the charge indicator light is temperamental, but as I said driving is more pleasant now, even using some comfort features (ACC). I'm still hoping one day the car will remember to my preferred settings as well, like regen level, drive mode, even the ventilation intake setting. I have asked ANCAP in OZ, they confirmed it isn't a requirement to reset these settings all the time. Hopefully one day someone will translates the requirements to the programmers too (ok, it's maybe a bit harsh, but what else could be the problem)?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back