The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

I understand NCAP . These features do not represent essential safety options.
The fact that you did not get the dropdown option for LKA surprises me though. Like the guys didn't listen to Jerry Pan (the mg salesman on YT).

I'm not sure about this but when I first had my car and wanted to watch videos the displayed as full screen . Since I had the latest infotainment update the menu remains on the screen and the picture is smaller . Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes ... that's one change that 1100R33 brought about for me. It means you have easy access to the pull down menu, even when in Android Auto / Apple Carplay. When on the car's home screen though the screen size is still the same, as that top row was always there anyway.

Yes ... that's one change that 1100R33 brought about for me. It means you have easy access to the pull down menu, even when in Android Auto / Apple Carplay. When on the car's home screen though the screen size is still the same, as that top row was always there anyway.
Yes, I get the access thing . but what's the point of having a screen that size and not having the image fill it ?

Since my post, you referring to, I had a "software update" and all the numbers are the same. Including those under the "engineering menu", no changes whatsoever. The car handling improved though, LKA, ACC way better than before. I have no off button in the drop down menu , what I'd really like to have. The service tech promised me to have a look to that. I have no idea how they keeping track of changes... frankly that is a mess... I have to take their words about updating BMS, CCU, EVCC, FDR, FVCM, GW, IMCU, IPK.
Some issue still present, left star button "memory issue", no trip reset after charging (occasionally), the charge indicator light is temperamental, but as I said driving is more pleasant now, even using some comfort features (ACC). I'm still hoping one day the car will remember to my preferred settings as well, like regen level, drive mode, even the ventilation intake setting. I have asked ANCAP in OZ, they confirmed it isn't a requirement to reset these settings all the time. Hopefully one day someone will translates the requirements to the programmers too (ok, it's maybe a bit harsh, but what else could be the problem)?
Hello, what are the improvements that you have noted for the lka and the acc? What is your version of the infosystem?

OK - a couple of foibles I've noticed with 1100R33 ...

(1) When trying to turn on (or off) Intelligent Battery Heating (Battery tile, Energy Consumption tab) the slider keeps toggling on/off repeatedly. If turning On then you need to press the slider again (listen for the beep) and it should remain on. Repeat when trying to turn it off.

(2) If you toggle and hold up the right joystick (for a couple of seconds) the volume automatically increases to maximum and you can't stop it. (You can only pause the playback). Likewise if you toggle and hold down it decreases to 0 and you can't stop it. The workaround (apart from turning off the car and getting back in) is ... if at 0, hold down the right joystick for a few seconds and you should then be able to tap up the volume. Likewise if at max, hold up the right joystick for a few seconds and you should then be able to tap down.

tl;dr with (2) ... avoid holding the up/down volume - change volume in taps. :)

Hello, what are the improvements that you have noted for the lka and the acc? What is your version of the infosystem?
There were a whole bunch of small thing which was annoying but it seems to be fixed, like internal temp reading, etc.. but the major improvements are:

LKA: smoother, and less aggressive. It mean sensing the actual lane boundaries is more precise, and intervene less frequently than earlier. I guess it has something to do with an extended delay between the detection of the lane and the reaction. So when it only "see" the lane on and off, it will not jerk the steering wheel.
ACC: the first one is adjusting the speed. Short press equal to 1km/h +/-, long press equal to 5km/h +/-. The next one is probably linked to the LKA improvement, not slowing down in small bend on the road. Unfortunately still a few occasion when it slowed down, with no reason (no logical explanation at least), so it is still a gamble to use, but as I said it is way better than before.

SW version, is still R05 and nothing changed on the other numbers either (under the "secret" menu).
20231124_063726 (1).jpg

Audio update - every time I've gone into the car since the update (about 4x so far) the audio has been paused, even though I've left the radio playing before locking the car.

Hi, how do you turn the radio on?

It's ridiculous that if it was on, it is off when you drive away.

Easy - just tap in the right joystick - as long as you're not in a mode to adjust the right side of the driver screen, or have the HVAC popup showing. (It's the same as pressing the Play button on the audio input tile/screen).

Got 1100R33 and a series of other module upgrades done today. Including to the camera module etc. I’ll get the version numbers later.
First impressions are this is a solid release for the SE SR.
Love the drop down menu now visible in CarPlay also and its OFF button. ☺️

IMG_1856.jpeg

The new HVAC screen is also a lot easier to use and finally allows any combination of vents. It also seems, to me, a lot less a/c biased below 25°C. But that might be just placebo.

The LKA and TJA I still need to verify if they have improved. Although the camera module was definitely touched and it now picks up speed limits signs more reliably.

I also love the fact CarPlay is now right hand drive 😅

IMG_1857.jpeg

I tested, it still charges both DC (using a Tesla supercharger) and AC (with my granny).

Last edited:
I don't recall that (as I thought it was a Trophy thing) - I'll try to remember to look next time I'm in the car.

Cars been parked far away from home (at an airport’s car park) for the last 3 and half days and it still responds to the app’s status request first time.
Bettery still at 55%, mileage varies with outside temperature. I rarely see 87C internal temperature, and it seems to me the internal temperature changes before the first reading so it’s accurate rather than requiring multiple reads.
If you had the car recently upgraded, is that your experience too?
I wonder if OTA updates are finally imminent 🙏🏼😅

My car is currently asleep (or MG's servers are having issues) ... numerous refreshes of the app yield the Remote Control Instruction Failed message. 🤷‍♂️

(I'm upstairs and can't be arrissed to go downstairs and plick the fob) 😂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel