• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

We took the car on its maiden voyage from the dealership to shiphol airport and back 240km round trip. They said on the phone the car was fully charge but on delivery it was on 85 percent. To the airport no problem but coming back we went into a traffic jam taking an hour. Such a shame the navigation does not have traffic alert, so for now android auto it is. During the traffic jam we turned of the AC and opened the windows instead of using the AC. I got home with 10% battery still left. We might need to make a thread here on real hero's. On the tesla forum they have a topic on people arriving at a charger or destination with GOM displaying less than 5km or 0%

We took the car on its maiden voyage from the dealership to shiphol airport and back 240km round trip. They said on the phone the car was fully charge but on delivery it was on 85 percent. To the airport no problem but coming back we went into a traffic jam taking an hour. Such a shame the navigation does not have traffic alert, so for now android auto it is. During the traffic jam we turned of the AC and opened the windows instead of using the AC. I got home with 10% battery still left. We might need to make a thread here on real hero's. On the tesla forum they have a topic on people arriving at a charger or destination with GOM displaying less than 5km or 0%
On the first weekend with mine I drove it 170 miles at 0C and got back with 8% giving it an effective range of 184 miles.

If it is dry and 8C and you keep to 60 you should make it.

If it's colder, rains or you go too fast you won't, so keep a back up charger near home in case.

Seeing the effect of the colder weather for November:

20221130_145840.jpg

Did a motorway run down to Somerset at the weekend tried to keep around 62-65mph but a couple of parts where at 50 did stop for around half an hour at Bristol and put about 15kws in about 30% mostly in E1 and when we started it was about 6 degrees so 3.9 not bad but when I did the same run in April I had around 4.5 mpkwh at 16degrees weather is very important to range with out a doubt
Les

1431CF1A-4B63-483B-9362-FA5C8153FFC3.jpeg

As others stated, definitely a drop due to the cold, but clearly not as much as others are seeing. Mostly motorway, including a trip assisted by Just Stop Oil, turning a trip of 80 miles/1.5 hours into 120 miles and 8.5 hours.

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_094004935.jpg
    PXL_20221201_094004935.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 95
That's a sore point.
If you know how to change it please tell!
It's apparently beyond the capability of the dealer :(

Managed to get most of my driving in towards start of Nov when temperatures were still good - about half motorway and half A roads.. seeing a massive drop for Dec already - 3.0/KMh at the moment!

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_114605626.jpg
    PXL_20221201_114605626.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 88
Colder up here in bonnie Scotland. Using the heater a lot.

Attachments

• 64CBF52C-6235-4C8B-8790-5056BA631478.jpeg
    64CBF52C-6235-4C8B-8790-5056BA631478.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 91
Hi, I've been a little concerned about all of the great kwh you guys have been getting and me not. I've been driving as conversatory as I can but all I have been managing is 3.2. Yes I've had the heater on but absolutely min fan and 19 temp, I refuse to be cold in my brand new 30 grand car. On the bright side I have just driven to Dorchester and back (Southampton) and got a magic figure of 4.0 kwh.
Hopefully I can continue this trend as a new ev driver.

Attachments

• 20221228_190923.jpg
    20221228_190923.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi, I've been a little concerned about all of the great kwh you guys have been getting and me not. I've been driving as conversatory as I can but all I have been managing is 3.2. Yes I've had the heater on but absolutely min fan and 19 temp, I refuse to be cold in my brand new 30 grand car. On the bright side I have just driven to Dorchester and back (Southampton) and got a magic figure of 4.0 kwh.
Hopefully I can continue this trend as a new ev driver.
Hi there, over the last 800 miles and about 3 weeks our MG5LR has given an overall average figure of 3.2 m/ kWh which we reckon has been excellent given the variety of roads and the ambient temperatures on our journeys round central and south west Scotland.

Hi there, over the last 800 miles and about 3 weeks our MG5LR has given an overall average figure of 3.2 m/ kWh which we reckon has been excellent given the variety of roads and the ambient temperatures on our journeys round central and south west Scotland.
you must be pushing it part of the way Archev :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom