To wave, or not to wave?

I'll definitely give a little wave if I see another MG4! So far only spotted two in the wild, one I was going by too quickly to get their attention, and the other was overtaking me on the M1 and we exchanged a little wave and a thumbs up. Both were Holborn blue, too 😎

Where is the natural cut off point of not waving, MG4,s, other MG,s electric , all MG,s, all other electrics , just want some perspective.
Back in 2014 we waved at any EV we passed but eventually only fellow leafs as they got more common.

If the MG4 keeps selling well and becomes common then it might just be other orange ones.

That’s a bit different, we’re acknowledging we’re a special breed and every bugger is out to kill us.
Waving to other car drivers, naaaah
Bit like bus drivers waving at each other. We're acknowledging every bugger is out to get killed by us by hiding in our blind spots 🤣

My basic question is for all of us MG4 drivers: how many MG4's do you encounter on your average trip?
In my country, The Netherlands, where MG4's sell like hot rolls, I have not yet encountered one.......
I've never seen one locally only seen a couple in the area of the dealers.

Used to wave all the time when I had the TF. Everyone waved back...with the exception of the odd MGB driver (mind you they were driving 'proper MG's) 🤣

Used to wave all the time when I had the TF. Everyone waved back...with the exception of the odd MGB driver (mind you they were driving 'proper MG's) 🤣
Chrome bumper MGs never used to wave at rubber bumper ones either. I know my mate had a chrome bumper MGB with a stage 2 tuned engine.

At 65 I don’t think I’d pick up on a nod at a closing speed of up to 140mph ! 😫
I concede a point here, perhaps a Buzz Lightyear salute (to infinity......) would be better, although it could be confused with right wing nationalism which might prove troublesome if you flash a speed camera at the same time! Oh ! the shame of it.

So while out in my MG4 I have come across other MG4 owners coming the other way. I've had Land Rovers and Volkswagens in the past (still do), and I'm used to giving other drivers a cheery wave. I've found myself doing the same with other MG4 owners. I'm yet to get a response back from any of them. My daughter thinks I'm sad, but this is my first MG and my first EV, and I'm loving it! Why shouldn't I give a cheery wave, maybe I'll start a trend? :)
We’ve a ZS EV and I’ve been waving too - without any responses (yet)

You hit on one of the most pleasant and unexpected advantages of electric cars - the chats one has at the charge points. We've met some lovely fellow EVers, some EVers without their cars who want to know about the MG4 and some curious about the practicalities of EVs. Who would have thought cars could encourage a bit of social humanity.
Indeed, I met a very nice chap waiting to use the charger I was using at the supermarket. Came out with my shopping, and had a chat while loading the car. Turns out he was on way back to Devon from Liverpool, and normally charges his EV for free off the solar panels at his farm.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back