USB cable keeps dropping connection - recommendations?

Folks, those of you having issues with AA should look at the following wireless solution:

Carlinkit Wireless Android Auto adapter,For Cars with Wired Android Auto Capability(Model year:2017 to 2022)Support Android 11 and above versions,upgrade to wireless Android Auto​

Available on Amazon for about £50. Works beautifully. Just set it up in about 2 minutes and every time you jump in the car with your phone it automatically connects AA to the car. NO LEAD required.

.... who ever that was, buy them a beer!!!! - the above cable now works EVERY time!! - for the last 3 months its been a complete pain trying to connect up our iphones to the MG4 ! - Thankyou ever so much again
Peroni please 😂 I didn’t do a lot of research on this cable beyond making sure it was mifi certified and the length but glad it’s working well for everyone.

Peroni please 😂 I didn’t do a lot of research on this cable beyond making sure it was mifi certified and the length but glad it’s working well for everyone.
Drop me a DM with your email address (linked to paypal ideally), I'll gladly buy you a Peroni - as this had been driving me nuts, until the cable arrived! Thanks again!

Folks, those of you having issues with AA should look at the following wireless solution:

Carlinkit Wireless Android Auto adapter,For Cars with Wired Android Auto Capability(Model year:2017 to 2022)Support Android 11 and above versions,upgrade to wireless Android Auto​

Available on Amazon for about £50. Works beautifully. Just set it up in about 2 minutes and every time you jump in the car with your phone it automatically connects AA to the car. NO LEAD required.
When using this can you still connect to the Wifi hotspot in the car with your phone?

Me too had the same issue since day one load of different cables tried brand new out the box iPhone13 cables 2 of them plus other makes of various cost one a juice cable cost £15 Bellini cables still unreliable and very hit and miss but after trying many different ways more often than not it appears to work if I do this.

Get in the car it will Start itself up when you sit on the seat as you know but now place the car in ready mode leave the car in neutral
Then and only then with the phone screen still blank plug the phone in to the cable car play should show on the iphone screen press that to open then maps on the phone then hit CarPlay on the infotainment screen in the car
Seems to work on our MG4 anyhow and since I have use this routine I have tried the different cables of many types and cost that would not work before but as long as I do the above routine they seems to work only have an iPhone so don’t know anything about android phones.
Les.

Last edited:
For me (with AA) I get in the car ... while it's booting up I unlock the screen on my phone and connect it to the cable lying on the shelf. AA then automatically starts and loads on the Infotainment screen. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back