Vanarama Issues

I will never buy an MG. Next minute you will see Vanarama showing a lease deal for the MG4 and saying it will come in Dec and actually come 2024 with a £100 a month price increase. I would not trust Vanarama ever again for any lease car. TBH I would not trust MG either.

It is unfortunate that all the excitement of getting our first (most of us) electric car has been completely smashed out of the window by this entire shambles between Vanarama & MG. As always seems the case, we the consumer has to take the full brunt of it all.

I've left a trust pilot review. I'll happily alter it if the situation improves

I think they've replied to your review now and mention that they're looking into the charger issue with you:

"It is not our intention to trap anyone and I understand that you have a case open with our Customer Support team who are still working with you regarding the charger that has been fitted"

Hope they're getting this sorted for you.

Would be good for all of us to know what their position is on that.

I think they've replied to your review now and mention that they're looking into the charger issue with you:

"It is not our intention to trap anyone and I understand that you have a case open with our Customer Support team who are still working with you regarding the charger that has been fitted"

Hope they're getting this sorted for you.

Would be good for all of us to know what their position is on that.
I agree, I wait in anticipation to see what is decided.

I haven't had the "your car will be delivered in March/April" email/call yet. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

So I've been having a chat with Vanarama and they've been very helpful in coming up with some alternatives for me.
I don't want to cancel my order with Vanarama and almost certainly won't but I just need to go through the options. Whichever one I choose is going to be a little bit painful and I will be a little bit out of pocket which is frustrating because , as I've said before the main reason for going down the EV route was to save money first and be greener second.

1.Buy current car outright, cancel my Vanarama order and let the situation improve. (But then I'm out of warranty will prob need to get another service / tyres etc)
2 Keep current car until ZS arrives. (similar prob as above)
2 Go for a different Manufacturer through Vanarama ( Not a load of choice/more expensive)
3 Short term rent till ZS arrives. (more pricey)
4 Change order to MG4 if I can get one sooner through Vanarama. (lead time as long or longer than ZS)

I wasn't a beneficiary of the grant so I'm hoping my ZS rentals don't go up for another reason!

So I've been having a chat with Vanarama and they've been very helpful in coming up with some alternatives for me.
I don't want to cancel my order with Vanarama and almost certainly won't but I just need to go through the options. Whichever one I choose is going to be a little bit painful and I will be a little bit out of pocket which is frustrating because , as I've said before the main reason for going down the EV route was to save money first and be greener second.

1.Buy current car outright, cancel my Vanarama order and let the situation improve. (But then I'm out of warranty will prob need to get another service / tyres etc)
2 Go for a different Manufacturer through Vanarama ( Not a load of choice/more expensive)
4 Change order to MG4 if I can get one sooner through Vanarama. (lead time as long or longer than ZS)

I wasn't a beneficiary of the grant so I'm hoping my ZS rentals don't go up for another reason!
Hi Nick.

Frustratingly it sounds like a you problem and none for Vanarama.

What makes you think that (if it happened for the ZS) that MG will not bump Vanarama's orders yet again given the likely demand for the MG4 given the pricing? Unless MG increase the price or other manufacturers drop theirs significantly I can't see MG being able to keep up with demand even without Covid, chip shortages, war in Ukraine, Taiwan etc.

What makes you think that (if it happened for the ZS) that MG will not bump Vanarama's orders yet again given the likely demand for the MG4 given the pricing? Unless MG increase the price or other manufacturers drop theirs significantly I can't see MG being able to keep up with demand even without Covid, chip shortages, war in Ukraine, Taiwan etc.
That's certainly a possibility and if that happens I'll look at the other alternatives.

But who will be paying the extra if the lease cost is higher?
Me , if it's a bit higher . Not me if it's a lot higher!

I do have a genuine concern for people who have decided to cancel there long and we’ll over due, ZS EV face lift order, by switching out for the MG4 - In the belief they will receive it sooner ?.
If by previous models releases, we look at the supply path it has followed, both for original ZS / MG5 and ZS face lift, it went as follows.
First wave of ZS EV’s cars to enter the country, was pretty much enough cars to supply each dealer with one or two cars each, as demo models.
These where placed to attract future orders from customers.
Similar situation on the MG5 and then the ZS EV face lift, but this time most dealers received two cars each.
There is approximately 150 dealers in the U.K. so 300 cars in total.
There was a few extra face lift cars that dealers quickly sold on, or decided to sell on one of their demo models.
After this initial wave of cars, there is this huge gap in the second wave of cars.
Of course, the perfect storm of other conditions have really impacted the situation.
So, the point I am trying to make here is this.
IF we assume it will follow a similar pattern as previous models and there will be an initial wave of MG4’s, then not knowing the number of cars coming, could leave customers who have switched, being no better off in the long run !.
If I was considering switching out my ZS EV order for a MG4 - then I would want to leave the ZS EV face lift order in place also.
A total switch by cancelling the ZS EV could see you waiting even longer for a car !.
This is pure guess work on my part folks.
It really depends on how many switch and how many MG 4’s are one that first wave of cars expected in September ?.
I would hate people to jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.
To be in with a chance of grabbing one of those early wave of cars, there would need to be roughly 450 cars on that first shipment, I think ?.
Main dealers x2 each = approx 300 cars.
Then 150 for switched order only leaves one spare car per dealer.
Given the current supply situation of cars, I am concerned if somebody is not lucky enough to grab one of them first cars, then your back in a long cue AGAIN !.
I would go belt and braces and leave the ZS EV order in place and see which ever arrives first !.
Once bitten, twice shy I think is the old saying.
The older version of :- “Cover your arse”.

I do have a genuine concern for people who have decided to cancel there long and we’ll over due, ZS EV face lift order, by switching out for the MG4 - In the belief they will receive it sooner ?.
If by previous models releases, we look at the supply path it has followed, both for original ZS / MG5 and ZS face lift, it went as follows.
First wave of ZS EV’s cars to enter the country, was pretty much enough cars to supply each dealer with one or two cars each, as demo models.
These where placed to attract future orders from customers.
Similar situation on the MG5 and then the ZS EV face lift, but this time most dealers received two cars each.
There is approximately 150 dealers in the U.K. so 300 cars in total.
There was a few extra face lift cars that dealers quickly sold on, or decided to sell on one of their demo models.
After this initial wave of cars, there is this huge gap in the second wave of cars.
Of course, the perfect storm of other conditions have really impacted the situation.
So, the point I am trying to make here is this.
IF we assume it will follow a similar pattern as previous models and there will be an initial wave of MG4’s, then not knowing the number of cars coming, could leave customers who have switched, being no better off in the long run !.
If I was considering switching out my ZS EV order for a MG4 - then I would want to leave the ZS EV face lift order in place also.
A total switch by cancelling the ZS EV could see you waiting even longer for a car !.
This is pure guess work on my part folks.
It really depends on how many switch and how many MG 4’s are one that first wave of cars expected in September ?.
I would hate people to jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.
To be in with a chance of grabbing one of those early wave of cars, there would need to be roughly 450 cars on that first shipment, I think ?.
Main dealers x2 each = approx 300 cars.
Then 150 for switched order only leaves one spare car per dealer.
Given the current supply situation of cars, I am concerned if somebody is not lucky enough to grab one of them first cars, then your back in a long cue AGAIN !.
I would go belt and braces and leave the ZS EV order in place and see which ever arrives first !.
Once bitten, twice shy I think is the old saying.
The older version of :- “Cover your arse”.
Yeah and the main point is "pure guess work" lol . And I'm certainly not going to risk being in a longer queue than I am atm.

Yeah agreed, sticking with the ZS for now but will be shopping around, starting with a firm in December who do a salary sacrifice scheme, and will weigh up my options then. I could potentially get a better vehicle for not much more than my current increased price.

I have decided to cancel, I could not wait a total 17 months for an MG EV. Good bye and good luck waiting till April if the car ever comes or if they decide to further increase the price.

I have decided to cancel, I could not wait a total 17 months for an MG EV. Good bye and good luck waiting till April if the car ever comes or if they decide to further increase the price.
Did you get a charger installed?

Is Vanarama really the only option ? Is renting/leasing the only option ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom