Vanarama Issues

Is Vanarama really the only option ? Is renting/leasing the only option ?
If Vanarama give me the same bull as everyone else seems to be getting I'll not be leasing, just need to find something suitable as an alternative and it has to be EV.

How's your MG5? Is it LR or SR?

Below is an email I received from MG UK, so the March/April 23 estimate given by Vanarama is just a pure guess like every other date they have given us:

Thank you for your patience with us.

Your vehicle order status is currently ‘shortage awaiting build’.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an exact delivery date until production is confirmed, hence, the dealer cannot provide you with a date either.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and it is best you continue to liaise with your purchasing dealer for delivery updates.

My wife got a txt today saying they’ll be in touch soon to discuss things.
Was it this one ?

Good Morning #####

Just a quick message to let you know the dealer has advised us that they should have an update for these vehicles next week. Once we have the information on when we are likely to see these vehicles, we will be getting in touch with you ASAP. We will be advising the September date until the update comes in but this date could move past September.
Regards
Rob@Vanarama

My wife got a txt today saying they’ll be in touch soon to discuss things.
Ignore my last message. Forgot it was you thay cancelled. Sorry.

Hopefully they give some insight into things. Thanks.

Ignore my last message. Forgot it was you thay cancelled. Sorry.

Hopefully they give some insight into things. Thanks.
No we haven’t cancelled or been cancelled (yet)🙄. I’ll need to ask her when she gets in. She was vague with what was said. Basically just said to me that they’d been in touch about getting in touch 😂

No we haven’t cancelled or been cancelled (yet)🙄. I’ll need to ask her when she gets in. She was vague with what was said. Basically just said to me that they’d been in touch about getting in touch 😂
We all wait in anticipation for your wife to get home 🤣

We all wait in anticipation for your wife to get home 🤣
We’ll this is an anticlimax 😂,
Hi Andrew. We just wanted to let you know that we're still working on your order here at Vanarama. We'll be in touch with more information as soon as possible, but in the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Thanks, The Vanarama Team.
I emailed with a few questions and get a reply txt saying feel free to ask more questions.how about answering my first questions first 😂🙄

We’ll this is an anticlimax 😂,
Hi Andrew. We just wanted to let you know that we're still working on your order here at Vanarama. We'll be in touch with more information as soon as possible, but in the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Thanks, The Vanarama Team.
I emailed with a few questions and get a reply txt saying feel free to ask more questions.how about answering my first questions first 😂🙄
Oh.... yes I have that text on about the 9th of every month. Its frustrating.

Has anyone actually cancelled with vanarama and know what they’re plans are for the chargers ect
I’m trying to cancel but it’s almost a week now and although they acknowledged my email they still haven’t confirmed the cancellation.

I’m trying to cancel but it’s almost a week now and although they acknowledged my email they still haven’t confirmed the cancellation.
Sorry if you’ve already been asked this, did you take a charger from them? I can’t keep up with who’s answering and asking questions 😂.

Sorry if you’ve already been asked this, did you take a charger from them? I can’t keep up with who’s answering and asking questions 😂.
Yes. It was installed in March after they told me my car would arrive on April 7th. About 10 days later they told me the car wasn’t coming and gave a date of September. Just over a week ago they moved it to April next year. I am waiting for them to respond formally to my request to cancel.

April ? Wow! I ordered in March as well. Must be due the dreaded phone call any day now. Had they put the price up for you?

Yes. It was installed in March after they told me my car would arrive on April 7th. About 10 days later they told me the car wasn’t coming and gave a date of September. Just over a week ago they moved it to April next year. I am waiting for them to respond formally to my request to cancel.
I called to cancel and it was done in minutes with no hassle. They offered me the option of looking at alternatives but when I declined they were fine. I’d call if I were you.

Just had a call from charged EV asking if I want to go ahead with my install. As I'm waiting for Vanarama to contact me in the next few days with an update from MG I've advised Charged EV that I will go ahead with the charger install (Mid sept)
My reasoning for this is that atm I have no intention of cancelling Vanarama and I don't want to lose my free charger. However, if it's bad news next week I may change my mind (prob not) as Charged EV have said that I will have to pay for the charger if i have it fitted and then cancel

Just had a call from charged EV asking if I want to go ahead with my install. As I'm waiting for Vanarama to contact me in the next few days with an update from MG I've advised Charged EV that I will go ahead with the charger install (Mid sept)
My reasoning for this is that atm I have no intention of cancelling Vanarama and I don't want to lose my free charger. However, if it's bad news next week I may change my mind (prob not) as Charged EV have said that I will have to pay for the charger if i have it fitted and then cancel
When did you order your car? If it was before the Charger Grant ended then they will bill you the £350.....

All this charger business was so unnecessary, It says in the T&C that the charger must be fitted no later than 6 months after delivery of car.
I can only assume there are a lot of sale bonuses associated with all these chargers which is why there so quick to get them installed.
I've not had the call,I'm not gonna cancel as we have 2 cars so can wait, And the same car is now an extra 200 quid and you don't get the 250 quid cashback or insurance, So dare I say even with the extra £70 it still won't be bad in this day and age.

All this charger business was so unnecessary, It says in the T&C that the charger must be fitted no later than 6 months after delivery of car.
I can only assume there are a lot of sale bonuses associated with all these chargers which is why there so quick to get them installed.
I've not had the call,I'm not gonna cancel as we have 2 cars so can wait, And the same car is now an extra 200 quid and you don't get the 250 quid cashback or insurance, So dare I say even with the extra £70 it still won't be bad in this day and age.
I get what you're saying however if you ordered your car ahead of the end of the Charger Grant and have had the charger installed after the cut off - you have to pay the £350. I can imagine this is why the rush.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom