Vehicle Control System Fault - New MG ZS EV 2022

What kind of ODB-II equipment did he have.

I wonder if a "simple" ELM327 will do the trick.

My current car has this idea, once a year, if it is very hot, and i really push it on an onramp for the motorway, and i have all of my family or something other, that is "heavy" in the car, it will go into limp home mode, and complain about turbo boost. (Code related to turbo boost)

I have this ELM327 bluetooth dongle that i can connect to the car, and erase the code, and it will not be back for another year or more.

It would be great if this simple device would be able to erase the fault. It is not very large and have lived in a small "glovebox" in my current car, and i wanted to transfer it to the ZS.

if it is OBD-II engine codes, that needs deleting, it should theoretically be possible, as they are pretty standardized, both in format and in how to delete them i think.
I have a simple cheap ELM327 and it doesnt work. I can connect to it but I can't connect to the ECU.
Meanwhile I tried another ELM327 with pic18f, v1.5 and I can use the android app for ZS EV but the normal Torque app to read and delete ecu errors doesnt work either.
I'm checking for an OBD reader + app that supports ZS EV but so far I haven't found one. :-/

I have a simple cheap ELM327 and it doesnt work. I can connect to it but I can't connect to the ECU.
Meanwhile I tried another ELM327 with pic18f, v1.5 and I can use the android app for ZS EV but the normal Torque app to read and delete ecu errors doesnt work either.
I'm checking for an OBD reader + app that supports ZS EV but so far I haven't found one. :-/
Did you try it with "Car scanner" app ?

This is the app i use, and if i go to "select profile" in that app, i can select MG ZS EV.

Don't know if this is only for the "old" model, but it seems they atleast "claim" to support the MG ZS EV

What kind of ODB-II equipment did he have.

I wonder if a "simple" ELM327 will do the trick.

My current car has this idea, once a year, if it is very hot, and i really push it on an onramp for the motorway, and i have all of my family or something other, that is "heavy" in the car, it will go into limp home mode, and complain about turbo boost. (Code related to turbo boost)

I have this ELM327 bluetooth dongle that i can connect to the car, and erase the code, and it will not be back for another year or more.

It would be great if this simple device would be able to erase the fault. It is not very large and have lived in a small "glovebox" in my current car, and i wanted to transfer it to the ZS.

if it is OBD-II engine codes, that needs deleting, it should theoretically be possible, as they are pretty standardized, both in format and in how to delete them i think.
He had a device that was attached to the odb port and that was connected to a sort of a smaller controller of the size of a laptop charger box and that was connected to his tablet. He first told me that since it was a new car, the VIN of the car wasn't getting detected and he couldnt connect. He disconnected it all and reconnected and did some setup again on his tablet and then selected the car and model from a menu and it got connected to the car. And then he mentioned that there is no mention about that fault anywhere in his system so could not diagnose what the issue is but he had the option to clear the fault. He asked me should he try that and I asked him to go for it and it just worked! I think I was just plain lucky with it. I know @Watchdog has been working on his app that can read codes etc for the new ZS. Not sure how far he has gone though.

Did you try it with "Car scanner" app ?

This is the app i use, and if i go to "select profile" in that app, i can select MG ZS EV.

Don't know if this is only for the "old" model, but it seems they atleast "claim" to support the MG ZS EV
Apparently there aren't any that support the new ZS EV facelift. @Watchdog is aiming to be the first one that I am aware.

Currently in the front of an aa van with car in tow.50kw fast charger.i wasnt to know dont plug them in with ignition on.90 miles from home.wonderful
You can tell the aa man/woman that there diagnostic tool will not read fault BUT it has cleared the fault when tried by others

This failure has happened to us twice and AA patrolman inserted his ODB analyser. No faults came up on his system but it was not MG specific so he reset the system and this cleared the fault. Was then OK for another week or so then same thing happened and same AA patrolman did exactly the same. Two MG dealers said can't diagnose the system if the fault is not live so have to wait for it to happen again and get towed to the dealer for full diagnostic check. What a faff! This is not good enough.

Just to clarify the AA can't read fault on the MG but it look like they car reset/ clear faults with there OBD2 scanner

I had 2 different aa men both said their bosch machines cant clear fault but mgs diagnostic tool can
No it isnt good enough arnold clark manchester have left me carless.

I had 2 different aa men both said their bosch machines cant clear fault but mgs diagnostic tool can
No it isnt good enough arnold clark manchester have left me carless.
This is interesting did they even try as on the bosch scanners you can do a manufacturer read which I would say will not work till its updated but it also does a generic OBD2 scan the generic should be able to clear faults even if it can't read them I have done this when my scanner is out of date

This is interesting did they even try as on the bosch scanners you can do a manufacturer read which I would say will not work till its updated but it also does a generic OBD2 scan the generic should be able to clear faults even if it can't read them I have done this when my scanner is out of date
Yeah, OBD-II is supposed to be a standard, where every scantool, should be able to atleast read engine ECU, codes and clear them.

All of the rest of the modules seem to be proprietary, and need car specific tools or tools that has these modules implemented (Airbag, ESP, Infotainment...etc etc.)

It just wouldnt load today he tried alsorts.he also said he had the same problem with one same result last friday.those that know how to clear this fault will they please email the aa and kindly inform them ots better than telling all us

current info from my ZS from 02 2022. trophy Connect. 90% of the time the multimedia system hasn't worked for 9 weeks. no connection to the internet. despite two workshop visits and updates.

In contact with MG Germany. Service and communication good. Third attempt now. If it doesn't work by May, I'll have to change the contract and the vehicle will be returned. Would be a pity car fits

Its been fixed on mine! New UK Trophy LR model.
I had the very same fault whilst Rapid charging last weekend (Vehicle control Fault and HV battery disconnect, car wont start. Tried the battery disconnect, lock and walk away for 15 mins etc, nothing worked. 2x AA vans tried with their respective laptops and couldn't communicate with the car. Car recovered by AA 200 miles back home. Dealer cleared the codes, fitted a new 12v battery and all was OK, but then MG UK asked them to also apply two new updates before release back to me, one for VCU and the other for EVCC. updated reportedly cure this problem and allow the car to be charged in full Ready mode safely now (according to the dealer).

I had the very same fault whilst Rapid charging last weekend (Vehicle control Fault and HV battery disconnect, car wont start. Tried the battery disconnect, lock and walk away for 15 mins etc, nothing worked. 2x AA vans tried with their respective laptops and couldn't communicate with the car. Car recovered by AA 200 miles back home. Dealer cleared the codes, fitted a new 12v battery and all was OK, but then MG UK asked them to also apply two new updates before release back to me, one for VCU and the other for EVCC. updated reportedly cure this problem and allow the car to be charged in full Ready mode safely now (according to the dealer).
I had the same issue, 1st time 12 miles and now last night, ive told them i want a detailed report of what the **** is going on with this, if its an issue with THAT car or the ZS in general.

Awaiting them to send to MG to review, if its the car, i dont want a fix i want a new one, if the ZS is at fault they better sort this straight away or going to another maker.

Please let us know how it goes on the next rapid charge, now you have received the update !.
For MG to release an update on this problem via D/C units this early, tells me they KNOW they have a problem for sure !.
Am I correct in thinking, that this "Lock Out" on the HV battery, only happens when using D/C rapid chargers, because I have not heard of anybody having a problems using the A/C 7 kw units ?.

Please let us know how it goes on the next rapid charge, now you have received the update !.
For MG to release an update on this problem via D/C units this early, tells me they KNOW they have a problem for sure !.
Am I correct in thinking, that this "Lock Out" on the HV battery, only happens when using D/C rapid chargers, because I have not heard of anybody having a problems using the A/C 7 kw units ?.
Exactly but to advertise they do rapid and then brick the car isn’t good for business. If they just said they had an issue we are fixing it we are fixing it would help. Or stay away I wouldn’t use it till it’s fixed but no it’s radio silence.

That’s like buying a pressure washer and being told you can only use it like a hose. Like why? Why? I don’t have the time to wait 7 hours for it to charge vs a 50kw charger

They have tomorrow or sort it or tell me the fault. If it’s the charger I’ll be seeing them the day after and taking both the tech and his laptop long side the car to the charger and seeing if we can brick it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom