• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Vehicle to Load (V2L) - Any Information or First Hand Experiences?

Christmas project. Anyone identify these screws? Look hexagonal to me. Allen key will sort of fit but cannot get purchase so wondering about hex ball drivers?
View attachment 13325
They're secure torx. They are usually 5 or 6 point - check before you order. If they're 5 point I have a spare set you can have as a sort of secret Santa gift.

Prior to arranging collection of my car, I messaged the dealership requesting that the update to allow V2L without the car needing to be in ‘ready’ mode, be applied. When I picked up the car, I was told there was no such update.
I have just loaded the tumble dryer, and it is working fine from the car, but obviously still in ready mode. A bit disappointing, but the car is in the garage, so it’s okay.
Guess I have to wait until next year to get updates at first service.
Mine is booked into Chorley MG/Nissan in Burnley tomorrow for the update.
I was asked why I wanted the update and what it was for, I just explained about the V2L use while off and locked and they booked it in.
I do have to leave it all day, which is a pain as it means using my powerchair (only a problem if it rains) and the bus, but it's better than leaving the car vulnerable when using V2L.

I do have to leave it all day, which is a pain as it means using my powerchair (only a problem if it rains) and the bus, but it's better than leaving the car vulnerable when using V2L.
If the car is part of motability at no point are you left without transportation ie courtesy car or taxi there and back it's part of the motability policy

If the car is part of motability at no point are you left without transportation ie courtesy car or taxi there and back it's part of the motability policy
I forgot about that to be honest. I could have arranged for a taxi if I'd thought about it.
A bit late now as it needs to be there by 9, but I'll have to remember in future :)

Mine is booked into Chorley MG/Nissan in Burnley tomorrow for the update.
I was asked why I wanted the update and what it was for, I just explained about the V2L use while off and locked and they booked it in.
If you remember, could you ask them if the software update is covered by service bulletin or by an after sales update?.
If so, can you request the update ref number please, as it would be really helpful for other forum members to quote, when booking in their cars.
Has your car had the update that helps prevent the High Voltage lock up warning ⚠️ when using a rapid charger.
They could check for that at the same time ?.
Thank you 🙏.

If you remember, could you ask them if the software update is covered by service bulletin or by an after sales update?.
If so, can you request the update ref number please, as it would be really helpful for other forum members to quote, when booking in their cars.
Yes please @fatgit , that would be very helpful indeed.

Has your car had the update that helps prevent the High Voltage lock up warning ⚠️ when using a rapid charger.
They could check for that at the same time ?.
Thank you 🙏.
I'll see what they say, although the person I booked it in with didn't know what I was talking about and asked how I knew there was an update.

As for the HV lockup warning, my car hasn't had an update since I collected it in June, so I don't know whether that update was out before then or after. They did say it had been fully updated when I picked it up.

I'll see if they can provide a change log.

As for the HV lockup warning, my car hasn't had an update since I collected it in June, so I don't know whether that update was out before then or after. They did say it had been fully updated when I picked it up.
It's easy to tell if you can remove ac charge cable on unlocking car instead of selecting stop charge

It's easy to tell if you can remove ac charge cable on unlocking car instead of selecting stop charge
I usually stop the charge first so not sure (or it's stopped via schedule). Honestly can't remember a time I've tried to remove the charger cable without stopping it first.

Yeah the update stops the charge on unlocking for about 30sec so you can just remove the cable with out the app or going in the car

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see what they say, although the person I booked it in with didn't know what I was talking about and asked how I knew there was an update.

I'll see if they can provide a change log.
I believe the charging software update was brought out in late March 2022 so I would think, that yours has been done prior to delivery, but worth checking though ?.
Miles revelled that there was a very recent update released for the V2L, that would allow the car to discharge when NOT in the READY mode, and doors locked on the ZS EV facelift on the last pod cast, only a few weeks ago.
His friend and pod cast partner Jake, has a ZS EV LR (Gen 2) Trophy and he recommended that he had his car booked in.
I have asked for clarification on this recent V2L upgrade from @Miles Roberts CG but have not as yet received a reply ( super busy as usual Miles 🤣 ).

I believe the charging software update was brought out in late March 2022 so I would think, that yours has been done prior to delivery, but worth checking though ?.
Miles revelled that there was a very recent update released for the V2L, that would allow the car to discharge when NOT in the READY mode, and doors locked on the ZS EV facelift on the last pod cast, only a few weeks ago.
His friend and pod cast partner Jake, has a ZS EV LR (Gen 2) Trophy and he recommended that he had his car booked in.
I have asked for clarification on this recent V2L upgrade from @Miles Roberts CG but have not as yet received a reply ( super busy as usual Miles 🤣 ).
That's the update I've asked for as I'm starting to use the V2L more.

Yeah mine did [ too ] the CT clamp failed so 1/2 power so entered factory settings and told it no CT clamp fitted (I did not need it any more anyway) now working fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Year mine did the CT clamp failed so 1/2 power so entered factory settings and told it no CT clamp fitted (I did not need it any more anyway) now working fine
It's totally dead, isn't powering up at all. It charged to about 75% overnight before it died.
It failed to charge on Friday night, so something was definitely wrong with it then. Hopefully they can get an engineer out quickly, it's a bit too cold to be granny charging through an open window at the moment.

It's totally dead, isn't powering up at all. It charged to about 75% overnight before it died.
It failed to charge on Friday night, so something was definitely wrong with it then. Hopefully they can get an engineer out quickly, it's a bit too cold to be granny charging through an open window at the moment.
Did it trip the MCB ? I take it you tried the old switch off and on from MCB?

I have the adaptor and used it succsessfully powering the lights and sockets in our Village Windmill for the open day. I think it can give a max ot 2.4 - 3KW In this case it ran the interior lights and sockets just fine we usually use a noisy smelly generator. Should be more than ample for Camping or emergency lighting even charging another EV on a granny lead.
1670228785786.png

I have the adaptor and used it succsessfully powering the lights and sockets in our Village Windmill for the open day. I think it can give a max ot 2.4 - 3KW In this case it ran the interior lights and sockets just fine we usually use a noisy smelly generator. Should be more than ample for Camping or emergency lighting even charging another EV on a granny lead.
View attachment 13351
Your car appears to be unlocked and NOT in the READY condition ( No DRL’s working ) in your great photo ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom