Washing The MG4.

With the vinegar, did you try placing a coulple of layers of kitchen towel on the area, soaking in vinegar, covering the same area with a plastic sheet so it doesn't dry out and leaving overnight? That should remove what is probably some limescale.
Thanks for your reply.
I didn’t leave it soaking. I just sprayed it on and left it for a couple of minutes before wiping of with a microfiber.
I’ll take your advise though when the weather dries up again this weekend.

After trying the above, you could always try somethiing like Autoglym Super Resin Polish to polish any remaining marks off and bring back the shine. Apply it with a damp MF mitt/cloth and work it in , and then buff gently off with a clean dry MF cloth (turning regularly),

After trying the above, you could always try somethiing like Autoglym Super Resin Polish to polish any remaining marks off and bring back the shine. Apply it with a damp MF mitt/cloth and work it in , and then buff gently off with a clean dry MF cloth (turning regularly),
Out of curiosity, would this help with the swirls do you think? The swirls really stand out on the gloss black.

Anyone got any tips for the gloss black areas of the MG4 exterior.
Particularly the back area.
For some context.
Contact wash the car every couple of weeks.
Warm spell over the weekend so I got stuck in. It looks as though the shampoo had dried in with the sun however and has embedded into the black plastic.
Tried various different washes and waxes since. Distilled vinegar didn’t work as Google suggested and I’m just at a loss now.
It’s very difficult to try and capture this in an image but I’ve attached the best I can take.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All.
Happened to mine when I had the windows tinted, took a machine polish to get them back 😕

Out of curiosity, would this help with the swirls do you think? The swirls really stand out on the gloss black.

Autoglym SRP can help mask swirls so yes, it should make them look better short term.

I always give mine a machine polish in Spring (inc B pillars), ready for the sunny summer months when swirls really show up. But even then swirls will appear quite quickly again 😒

Got this stuff on Amazon to give it a try.
Hand buffed and wiped clean with a microfiber.
It came up as new.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    764 KB · Views: 43
God, I feel so retro ( read lazy)
Hose it down to get off any excess crud
Sponge hot water/ wax soap
Hose off with cold water
Chammy cloth off dry( recently discovered Lidls synthetic having always used genuine leather- excellent 👍)
Occasionally I'll polish it ( on/off, nothing fancy) but discovered the turtle wax ceramic spray thanks to this forum - love it 👍
Possibly the least OCD person you'll ever know 😉

God, I feel so retro ( read lazy)
Hose it down to get off any excess crud
Sponge hot water/ wax soap
Hose off with cold water
Chammy cloth off dry( recently discovered Lidls synthetic having always used genuine leather- excellent 👍)
Occasionally I'll polish it ( on/off, nothing fancy) but discovered the turtle wax ceramic spray thanks to this forum - love it 👍
Possibly the least OCD person you'll ever know 😉
That's the thin end of the wedge.
You've already started going down the obsessive car cleaning path by upgrading your chammy and now using a ceramic spray.
You'll be trying a better wash/wax soap next followed by getting a pressure washer and snow-foam....🤣

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back