Davn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
1000007977.jpg
1000007976.jpg
Nice to see the mls/kwh rise above 4 againšŸ¤£

Hey, that could have been my dashboard this afternoon, except I had only driven three miles (and was on 5.1)! Absolutely miraculous. I haven't seen it over 4 miles/kwh since about October if that, and seldom above 3 miles/kwh all winter. To be honest I was mostly hovering under or around 2.5 miles/kwh especially on short journeys.

I drove 100 miles on the motorway yesterday whilst it was pleasantly warm and never saw more than 3.2. I was doing 70mph though, so itā€™s probably about right.
Yes there not as good at continuous speeds, mine was all A roads

Hey, that could have been my dashboard this afternoon, except I had only driven three miles (and was on 5.1)! Absolutely miraculous. I haven't seen it over 4 miles/kwh since about October if that, and seldom above 3 miles/kwh all winter. To be honest I was mostly hovering under or around 2.5 miles/kwh especially on short journeys.
Have never got down that low but low 3sšŸ˜

I see we are due to get 20ĀŗC on Saturday. Which is almost a miracle for this neck of the woods in the first half of May.

Of course, Saturday is the day I have set aside to do the car's <10% to 100% charge, so not driving.

I could leave it, but I want to do it before I set off on the road trip on the 21st, and next week is going to be all chaotic with charger and solar being installed. Of course the charger will mean that I can do future long charges overnight and save this hassle, but I think I'd rather work up to that gradually as I get to grips with how it all works. Anyway, I've already got the car down under 40% and set to drop below 10% on the way home from my music lesson on Friday, so I'm not giving up now. (The SoC may well terrify my duet partner, in the passenger seat.)

Interesting thread, I wasn't aware that cold weather had such an impact on consumption.
It's been in the mid twenties here [ South Western Australia ] recently and we are currently sitting on 13kWh/100km around the burbs and 15 on the freeway. It's Confusing trying to compare with your 5miles/kWh. Going to have to invoke the calculator, this old brain doesn't do mental arithmetic as well now.
Working on 62 miles = 100km that's 4.8 around the burbs and 4.1 on the freeway.
So as Winter approaches and it gets colder I'll start using more power, and we'll have less sun to charge it back up. Never mind we have all summer free driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't aware that cold weather had such an impact on consumption.
Can't wait for battery tech to improve and overcome this limitation. It really is a big thing if you live somewhere colder. -3Ā°C this morning and consumption is still around 25kWh/100km.

Hey, that could have been my dashboard this afternoon, except I had only driven three miles (and was on 5.1)!
Was that downhill? Last year on hols in Yorkshire the trip into Pickering from the cottage registered 7.3, downhill all the way, needless to say the return trip corrected the average.

Was that downhill? Last year on hols in Yorkshire the trip into Pickering from the cottage registered 7.3, downhill all the way, needless to say the return trip corrected the average.

I had a round trip drive in London on 6 April. It was 19 deg C. I achieved 5.4 miles/kWh for that 2h 30 miles trip mainly in 20 miles zone. Mine is a ZS LR. MG4 should be more efficient.

This was during my trip back from Scotland last Sunday. I was quite happy with that as I was doing 70mph whenever I could. Over winter I was getting around 3.2 at similar speeds.

p.s. Before I get told off, I asked my wife to take the photo!

IMG_20240505_143420~2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes finally getting good range here in Norway as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20240505_072435319.jpg
    PXL_20240505_072435319.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 18
Don't make me drive the 1.5 miles from the Crofters' Trust office, a trip where I discovered the efficiency meter only goes as far as 20mi/kwhr. I'd rather not discuss the difference getting there, though. :)

Don't make me drive the 1.5 miles from the Crofters' Trust office, a trip where I discovered the efficiency meter only goes as far as 20mi/kwhr. I'd rather not discuss the difference getting there, though. :)
I suspect a large hill was involved. I can get the same figures on way home from work as first mile includes a large downhill section. Which gets completely destroyed on the next slightly uphill section at motorway speeds.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back