• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

What’s your best hint or hack that you do to make the ZS EV experience even better

AussiePete

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Most of us have our own hints or hacks which we do in our ZS EV’s to make it just right for us. It may be a driving setting (eg Economy mode E and Kers mode 3), particular accessory, an app on your phone, where you store your sunnies or how to get around a particular foible. You never know that hint or hack maybe just the thing others have never thought of doing, but now they read it they’ll never be able to live without it.

Please respond with your hint or hack here and try and keep it specific to the ZS EV experience rather than car driving in general.

PS - I don’t have any hints or hacks yet as I don’t get my ZS EV until mid-December 😀, so I’m very keen to hear yours to start using them in my ZS EV when it arrives

Last edited:
I have 2:
When I first got the car I couldn't get used to the automatic parking brake when the car stops at lights etc. So I left it off (perhaps still a good idea if parking in a tight space). Anyway, my tip is to leave it on, you will soon get used to it and it makes town driving much nicer.
I find it a bit annoying that the MG always goes back to level 3 regeneration and Normal mode driving every time you start (I do a lot of short journeys). However I am now experimenting with switching to level 2 and Eco, and you can switch with a quick 2 finger pull on the levers. I am finding that I can still drive with one pedal nearly all the time. I am still not convinced it makes any real difference to economy. Eco mode is also very useful for slippery conditions ... now winter is nearly here.

I have 2:
When I first got the car I couldn't get used to the automatic parking brake when the car stops at lights etc. So I left it off (perhaps still a good idea if parking in a tight space). Anyway, my tip is to leave it on, you will soon get used to it and it makes town driving much nicer.
I find it a bit annoying that the MG always goes back to level 3 regeneration and Normal mode driving every time you start (I do a lot of short journeys). However I am now experimenting with switching to level 2 and Eco, and you can switch with a quick 2 finger pull on the levers. I am finding that I can still drive with one pedal nearly all the time. I am still not convinced it makes any real difference to economy. Eco mode is also very useful for slippery conditions ... now winter is nearly here.
Now that’s interesting, I didn’t realise it switched back if you had set the settings. Good to know, thanks 👍

IMG_20201003_202810.jpg

With LED's mounted on the left side

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Scuffplates, internal led, headlight led, clear indicators, locking wheel bolts, thats about it for now.
Most things from Ali express cheaper than ebay and amazon but you have to wait a bit longer
Can you post a link for the clear indicators you’ve gone for please

Can you post a link for the clear indicators you’ve gone for please

Clear indicator bulbs I should have said, gets rids of the orange glow in the headlamp

@BobsEV - what bulbs did you use and which ones specifically did you replace?
The two LEDs at the front (reading light ones) and the one in the boot.

For the front Osram W5W (cool white) and the boot Osram C5W (360 31mm) (cool white). Be careful if changing the boot if you don't do the proper thing and disconnect the battery... It will be very hot.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom