What are all the order status updates…

Diggsy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
…and what do they mean?

So far I’ve seen (on these forums, I haven’t personally seen them!);

Awaiting Build Slot - assume this is simply when the order has reached the factory but the build hasn’t started

Build Slot Confirmed - what it says on the tin I guess

Released From Factory - assume that’s the car complete and on its way to the boat

At sea - on the boat on the way to whatever destination

Port processing - as it says on the tin, at the port (presumably after arriving on the ship)

Transport arranged - assume this is from the port to the dealer?

Edited 14/3 to add some statuses…are there others (I can only assume there’s something like ‘order placed / confirmed) and what comes after those above? I’d also assume there is ‘awaiting transport’ or something like that.

Anyone know?

Also, as another user poster mentioned, any idea what the prospective timelines are from each point? Obviously between order and build it’s a bit of a lottery, but I’d imagine the others could be worked out…

Last edited:
My dealer finally called back after me chasing twice. And my car is at the dealership! I’m going to wait until the 15th to collect as that is payday for me. Have just ordered octopus charge point as well, that will be 5-7 weeks which is annoying.

…and what do they mean?

So far I’ve seen;

Awaiting Build Slot - assume this is simply when the order has reached the factory but the build hasn’t started

Released From Factory - assume that’s the car complete and on its way to the boat

…are there others (I can only assume there’s something like ‘order placed / confirmed) and what comes after those above? Port process / transport to franchise / customer or something?

Anyone know?
Updates? What are updates?

…and what do they mean?

So far I’ve seen;

…are there others (I can only assume there’s something like ‘order placed / confirmed) and what comes after those above? Port process / transport to franchise / customer or something?

Anyone know?
Hey @Diggsy my dearship has been so shit I paid the full balance of my car when I purchased the car late December they sent me an email saying I would have weekly updates there is no platform at all for me to look at to see what stat my vehicle is at I just have to ring the dealers and ask and they never seem to know as there always have software update issues so can’t tell who’s car is whose -.- good luck :) Atleast you’ve got the vehicle stat to look at

Hey @Diggsy my dearship has been so sh*t I paid the full balance of my car when I purchased the car late December they sent me an email saying I would have weekly updates there is no platform at all for me to look at to see what stat my vehicle is at I just have to ring the dealers and ask and they never seem to know as there always have software update issues so can’t tell who’s car is whose -.- good luck :) Atleast you’ve got the vehicle stat to look at
Can I ask why you paid the full balance if you don’t mind?

Hey @Diggsy my dearship has been so sh*t I paid the full balance of my car when I purchased the car late December they sent me an email saying I would have weekly updates there is no platform at all for me to look at to see what stat my vehicle is at I just have to ring the dealers and ask and they never seem to know as there always have software update issues so can’t tell who’s car is whose -.- good luck :) Atleast you’ve got the vehicle stat to look at
That sounds like a mess you’re in!! Oh I haven’t had those particular updates, I’ve just seen most of them on various posts on this forum :)

I ordered my car two weeks ago and chased the dealer as I wanted to ensure any new computer system wouldn’t delay the process, the dealer confirmed yesterday that they had ordered it … but added….

‘There is no information on the ETA as it's still early days but I will continue to monitor and update you every couple of weeks.’ Given what others have experienced then I’m not holding my breath for a 16 week delivery.

…and what do they mean?

Anyone know?
Is it possible to map rough time lives to any of these status updates, for instance, once at sea then it’s x weeks away from ‘at the docks’, if that is a status, and then x weeks from dealership and delivery

@Themist0 hopefully your garage is a good one most people’s experiences on here is a delayed one although I’ve seen a lucky few
@Themist0 hopefully your garage is a good one most people’s experiences on here is a delayed one although I’ve seen a lucky few
Thanks, sales chap seems decent, didn’t try the hard sell etc. as long as I get updates that are realistic then I’ll be forgiving and my current 16 year old car should just about last another few months 😳

Is it possible to map rough time lives to any of these status updates, for instance, once at sea then it’s x weeks away from ‘at the docks’, if that is a status, and then x weeks from dealership and delivery
Would be good to know that. I’ll add that request to the first post

…and what do they mean?

Anyone know?

Also, as another user poster mentioned, any idea what the prospective timelines are from each point? Obviously between order and build it’s a bit of a lottery, but I’d imagine the others could be worked out…
I think they are the right definitions. Mine took 4 months from order in September, but we then had the system downtime in Feb and wanted to hold over for the new registration.

Ok, so I’ve now heard ‘Transport arranged’ is a status. Who arranges this? MG UK or the franchise? Anyone know?

Mines still sitting with status Awaiting Build Slot - Delivery early April which I highly doubt.

Had to chase Perrys Fleet a week or so ago, I had not heard from them or Tusker the lease company since I placed the order on Nov 11th, just updates on a web site. They couldn't tell me anything so I've decided to give them until the end of the month then if nothing solid I'll cancel and go and buy one elsewhere.

Mines still sitting with status Awaiting Build Slot - Delivery early April which I highly doubt.

Had to chase Perrys Fleet a week or so ago, I had not heard from them or Tusker the lease company since I placed the order on Nov 11th, just updates on a web site. They couldn't tell me anything so I've decided to give them until the end of the month then if nothing solid I'll cancel and go and buy one elsewhere.
I’m in the exact same boat, although you ordered a couple of weeks before me. What model are you waiting on? Mine’s a black Trophy. As of last week Perry’s said still awaiting build slot.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back