What Colour

Update I had a call this morning From MG - My Mg5 has arrived and onsite - they are holding it until 1st of September for the new plate Happy days i only odered it Mid May
Team red
Great news for you.

I don't know the answer but how much is a 2022 car on a 72 plate worth more than a 2022 car on a 22 plate or a 2022 car on a 71 plate?

Hi
Lovely colour but the paint must be heavily loaded with gold!
Just had a repair quote of £600 to repair a tiny scrape on the rear bumper !!!!!
Lovely car and so relaxing to drive, the dogs love riding in the boot.

Attachments

• mg5 ev tricolour red  damage .JPG
    mg5 ev tricolour red damage .JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 109
Hi
Just had a repair quote of £600 to repair a tiny scrape on the rear bumper !!!!!
Worth shopping around?

I have to say the ionic I have at them moment has all the goodies blind spot, aircon seats etc, but i am not going to miss it as on multipul occasions i have lost the speedo just get a blank screen this usually happens after going in he boot first i have to lwave it locked for 15 misns then it ressest its self, and on 3 occasions i have come to it and it has a flat 12v battery and i left nothing on ! Its been back to Hyundai ans they cant find anything wrong with it, I also dont like the fact it does not have a rear wiper

So I am really looking forward to the MG5 - that will hopfully go that little bit further on a charge
I have ordered the pack with mudflaps, mats, boot mat etc
I will allso purchase the bumper protector and door sill protectors .

I am just waiting for MG to confirm the reg number so i can sort out the insurance

roll on Sept 1st

Hi
Try Chips Away. Probably a lot cheaper.

Unfortunately chips away and other similar don`t work around Cardigain /Newcastle Emlyn area unless you know otherwise. Only solution seems to be main dealer or Body repair shops hence the silly quote!. Damage cost is almost as much as the car cost!?

I have to say the ionic I have at them moment has all the goodies blind spot, aircon seats etc, but i am not going to miss it as on multipul occasions i have lost the speedo just get a blank screen this usually happens after going in he boot first i have to lwave it locked for 15 misns then it ressest its self, and on 3 occasions i have come to it and it has a flat 12v battery and i left nothing on ! Its been back to Hyundai ans they cant find anything wrong with it, I also dont like the fact it does not have a rear wiper

So I am really looking forward to the MG5 - that will hopfully go that little bit further on a charge
I have ordered the pack with mudflaps, mats, boot mat etc
I will allso purchase the bumper protector and door sill protectors .

I am just waiting for MG to confirm the reg number so i can sort out the insurance

roll on Sept 1st
I have an Ioniq electric at the moment and love it. Just wish it had a bigger boot. It goes back to the leasing company at the end of August, so I hope my red MG5 arrives before then (ordered February)

The lease from zenith salary sacrifice has gone up £160 a month for the same car 'ionic' so i have bought the mg 5 and will keep it over about 3 years

I have been looking at the sill protectors for the MG5 do i go for the genuine or some like this
Ali express link sill protector these may look good with the car being red ?

The lease from zenith salary sacrifice has gone up £160 a month for the same car 'ionic' so i have bought the mg 5 and will keep it over about 3 years

I have been looking at the sill protectors for the MG5 do i go for the genuine or some like this
Ali express link sill protector these may look good with the car being red ?
Well all I can say is I had the genuine MG ones fitted by the dealer before it was delivered and I am disappointed in the quality they have a rubber type bead that runs around them and this has come unstuck a few times in the 14 months I have had the car but I have refixed them with some success they Cost £66 I think they where and only for the fronts doors never again and that’s for sure.
I did do a little video to show to the dealer but I was told that this kind of accessory only comes with a 1 year warranty can’t loads videos on to here so a couple of pics for you.
Les

B57EC385-7CD9-45F2-BD76-D3A5CEF50061.png
A9D33843-E2EC-49C1-A052-50CD0E85A7A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine has done the same Les, if you accidentally catch them with your shoe, when leaving the car, the rubber gasket comes away from the kick plate.
It’s a shame, because I like the stainless plate, my brothers has done the same.
P.S. - They are a bugger to remove, the two sided tape that they use on the back of them, is very strong !.
Great care needed not to scratch the paint on the inner cill.
A lot of heat and a lot of swearing 🤬 used to get them off !.

well i have been given my reg number today and I collect the car on the 1st 7 plate, I called my insurance today but they said I need to call them on the 1st as the car is not on the system yet, is this normal

well i have been given my reg number today and I collect the car on the 1st 7 plate, I called my insurance today but they said I need to call them on the 1st as the car is not on the system yet, is this normal
Yeah - It is !.
Insurance companies only update their data base's once a month, so this is completely normal.
It just depends on the individual date of their company update procedure.
Had a similar issue trying to get a quote from my then original insurance company, when we wanted to collect our first ZS EV earl¥ in the new year of 2020.
I contacted them before Xmas in 2019 and the car did not even appear on the system !.
I then contacted LV ( Liverpool ) who did have the car showing and set it up with them.

it is a bit of a mess the car i have now is a lease car, so to protect my no claims bonus I insured my wifes car in my name before the 2 years was up and i was going to change the name on the policy every 2 years to keep both of our no claims bonus going, but now I have decided to buy the mg I need to change the policy over to the mg5 and then get her a new policy in her name, so i have to do it all on the 1st

it is a bit of a mess the car i have now is a lease car, so to protect my no claims bonus I insured my wifes car in my name before the 2 years was up and i was going to change the name on the policy every 2 years to keep both of our no claims bonus going, but now I have decided to buy the mg I need to change the policy over to the mg5 and then get her a new policy in her name, so i have to do it all on the 1st
You could arrange her policy in advance to start on the first, it's an existing car, that's normal.

yeah sorted my wife car now with AA it start on the 1st of sept and i will have to call the insurance company on the first to transfer the mgto the old policy

Piking my MG5 up tomorrow, they called me today and said the boot liner that was meant to have been kept for me has gone - so they will refund me !
anyway I am thiking about getting AA Carplay or a MMB - whats best tried and tested ?

Piking my MG5 up tomorrow, they called me today and said the boot liner that was meant to have been kept for me has gone - so they will refund me !
anyway I am thiking about getting AA Carplay or a MMB - whats best tried and tested ?
No idea what a MMB is, so cannot help really. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom