What's your MG4 Motorway Efficiency & what Speed etc are you doing to get that ?

This thread has some information on that question:

Thank you for all the figures guys... I hoped it would of been a little more.
.... I think we are all averaging the same (3.5/kwh) on the MG4, once we have a few miles on the clock - but over a month (even at 30p/kwh) , at say 1000 miles / month its still less than £10 difference in electric costs, which more than outweighs depreication, and enjoyment of driving the MG4 - everyone to their own I say?

.... I think we are all averaging the same (3.5/kwh) on the MG4, once we have a few miles on the clock - but over a month (even at 30p/kwh) , at say 1000 miles / month its still less than £10 difference in electric costs, which more than outweighs depreication, and enjoyment of driving the MG4 - everyone to their own I say?
It cost me around £2 to travel 100 miles going to work each week, using my low Octopus rate 8.5p per kWh at night to charge the car.

I watched this video yesterday and I was shocked. How it could be possible to drive those cars with around 7 miles per kwh beside the air-conditioning is active ... 🤔😯

I can only manage 4 miles per kwh average and mostly avoiding to use air-conditioning . ( Mostly driving in motorway 95% )

If this is true , these cars must have over 420 miles range by thinking of having approximately 60 kwh battery. Am I wrong ?

I have an MG4 SR - and on a 60 miles trip along the M40 and M25 plus a return journey, achieved 3.4 m/kWh using ACC and Adaptive at 70 mph.
I would think that's pretty good for motorway driving. In my ZS EV gen 1, doing a trip on the motorway mostly at 70mph (heater on or not) I'd be lucky to get more than 3 m/kWh.

I would think that's pretty good for motorway driving. In my ZS EV gen 1, doing a trip on the motorway mostly at 70mph (heater on or not) I'd be lucky to get more than 3 m/kWh.
I too got 3.4kWh traveling 235miles 180 on the motorway 70 mph ish, in my MG4 Trophy. I owned an ID.3 before and got similar. Locally I get 4-4.2 about 12c. Paying only 8.5p per kWh makes it a very economical car. Costing around 2p a mile locally.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 528 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back