Wind Deflectors

IMG_20240304_141834.jpg

My heko wind deflectors have arrived, will fit them at work tonight 😁

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lovely, not a chrome strip in sight. (y)

I'll probably get those ones but I'll wait until the weather gets warmer because I would have to fit them outside and IIRC those double sided adhesives need a warm day of around 20 deg C to cure properly.

I'll probably get those ones but I'll wait until the weather gets warmer because I would have to fit them outside and IIRC those double sided adhesives need a warm day of around 20 deg C to cure properly.
It's just cheapish double sided not 3m vhb or anything, it's the metal clips that seem to be holding it firmly in place

They fit great but I have found an issue that I can easily rectify though. The driver's side deflector partially eats in to the view of the wing mirror so I'm gonna fettle/dress off up to the red line
IMG_20240304_155051~2.jpg

They fit great but I have found an issue that I can easily rectify though. The driver's side deflector partially eats in to the view of the wing mirror so I'm gonna fettle/dress off up to the red lineView attachment 24568
Can't say I've had a problem seeing the mirrors.... but interesting to see your results after Mod.

They fit great but I have found an issue that I can easily rectify though. The driver's side deflector partially eats in to the view of the wing mirror so I'm gonna fettle/dress off up to the red lineView attachment 24568
You might find a Dremel with a cutting disc and a steady hand works well. I know when I had to recently trim some corrugated plastic roofing sheets it cut easily without splitting the aged plastic.

I can see through it fine in daylight but not so well on unlit roads and the motorway

Just realised I said drivers side when it's the passenger side where it affects my view

You might find a Dremel with a cutting disc and a steady hand works well. I know when I had to recently trim some corrugated plastic roofing sheets it cut easily without splitting the aged plastic.
I'll remove them both as I'll have to trim both sides to be symmetrical otherwise it'll drive me nuts. I'll use one of the rotary files at work as that will cause less heat when removing the material then finish off with a half round hand file, I'll then replace the double sided tape

Could you just cut them off straight, removing the downward section altogether, or is it part of the mounting fixtures ?

Maybe or trim them like the edited image of @kevin bonney's car. I think I'll try the first method of making that vertical section narrower all the way down and then see. It's easy to take material off but you can't put it back on and just chopping off that vertical bit would be too final!

1709623661305~2.png

Good stuff nice to see someone has developed some. They will have to wait for me as ive just bought a new shape MX5 which I'm buying bits for. Much more fun and far less likely to kill me with all these ridiculous driver assists.

Good stuff nice to see someone has developed some. They will have to wait for me as ive just bought a new shape MX5 which i buying bits for. Much more fun and far less likely to kill me with all these ridiculous driver assists.
I can personally say the Mazda driver assist systems are amazing. Are you modding the mx5 like remapping etc

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back