Window tinting pictures request

Sounds reasonable for them to be cautious. Do we know if the ZS EV has no tint to any glass and is 100% clear from factory ? Global Tint has assured me the fronts can be done legally to 70% with UV/heat protection and give a written guarantee.
I have had confirmation from MG Uk by email that the front windows and windscreen have no tint what so ever, an easy test is to put a sheet of white paper behind the glass, it will show up a tint if there was one which there is not, I got the two fronts and the 5 rear for £190

I have had confirmation from MG Uk by email that the front windows and windscreen have no tint what so ever, an easy test is to put a sheet of white paper behind the glass, it will show up a tint if there was one which there is not, I got the two fronts and the 5 rear for £190
Yeah did the paper test earlier in the thread.
That's a good price for all round tint. I'm going to see on the day about doing the fronts, maybe he'll be open to a bit of negotiation..🤞

Who did you get to do all 7 for £190?

Thanks for the reply @Lovemyev .

I thought I'd test the front glass as you suggested so here's the result below.
There's definitely a slight tint in the glass but minimal and not shown that well in the photo.

As @Fishettibean mentioned before, unless you want to spend cash on a proper light testing kit, the percentage is debatable but hopefully the clearest tint that GT do keeps the fronts legal and still gives the UV/Heat protection that I'm after.

The local company that quoted me said for the tiny rear quarter-lights they remove the inner white trim panels to get a cleaner finish, at the risk of potential squeaks and rattles though..?

I'll be having a word with my own insurers beforehand but hopefully no problem there

Yeah did the paper test earlier in the thread.
That's a good price for all round tint. I'm going to see on the day about doing the fronts, maybe he'll be open to a bit of negotiation..🤞
It was Scot Tint in Edinburgh that did mine, I have had 2 cars done by them excellent service and great quality
Who did you get to do all 7 for £190?
Scot Tint in Edinburgh, good company

Global Tints told me I could cancel my booking within 3 days of appointment and get full refund on deposit.

Sorry, she's a dirty little thing.. globaltint dark as you can go on the back 😁
20210330_120021.jpg

Definitely worth having tints done. Reduces glare and the interior temp a lot. I asked my local tinter to check my front windows and he confirmed they were as near clear as you can get. So was willing to tints to 75%. You barely notice from outside but makes for a huge improvement on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_165947.jpg
    IMG_20200708_165947.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 364
@Sandy
Sandy, has climate change resuted in sunshine in Scotland? During my National Service at Redford I can't remember there being any change from winter to summer, it was always cold, wet and windy!

I would give that idea some serious consideration to be honest.
If they brake any of the locating tabs when removing the trims, then you could end up with a rattle that will drive you mad !.
The dealer will not replace them under warranty, so you could be paying the replacement costs.
I know NONE of the trims where removed on my car.
The tint guy said he had to do the little quarter windows TWICE until he was totally happy with the install.
He back's up his work with the understanding that the tints are covered for 10 years, or what ever time I own the car ( unless the film is damaged by the owner in some way, like trips to the local skip with garden waste, branches etc.)
I am happy with that.
Good luck with your choice.
I did consider having the front side windows done at one point, but I did not let my heart rule my head.
Maybe your skin will tell you otherwise in summertime😉. Mine did that after 10 days, and now all 8 windows are tinted.

Tinting completed today with Global Tint. Went for a mid-tint called Luna and had boot, rear doors, tiny rear windows and sun visor strip done for £205.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_120310666.jpg
    IMG_20210420_120310666.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20210420_120335699.jpg
    IMG_20210420_120335699.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20210420_120354213.jpg
    IMG_20210420_120354213.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20210420_120531810~2.jpg
    IMG_20210420_120531810~2.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 306
Nice job. I was looking at the post of a black roof wrap - it would compliment the windows nicely. Black Roof

Like @AussiePete we had ours done by Global Tint last week with the same 'Luna' tint but instead of a sun visor strip we had the front sides done with their minimum tint for the extra heat/UV protection.
All in was £210 and only took him 2 hrs. The last photo exaggerates the tint effect and the other 2 are closer to how it looks in person.
One thing I wasn't aware of is the 'dot matrix' effect where apparently the film doesn't adhere very well to the edges of the glass which have small ceramic dots (rear screen and small sides), but overall very pleased with result below...

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_125032.jpg
    IMG_20210429_125032.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20210429_125025.jpg
    IMG_20210429_125025.jpg
    971.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20210429_125011.jpg
    IMG_20210429_125011.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 292
Front windows really need done as well as the rear to avoid the difference in contrast. Doesn’t cost much extra either.
Hi Brian I see you got your car tinted at itint is this Glasgow? Only reason I ask is that I have my car booked in there and wondered what you thought if them? Also can I ask what percentage of shade did you go for? I got a lot of quotes from a few different places and a lot of them said the front was illegal to get tinted as they come with a natural tint so by them putting there tint ontop it makes it exceed the 70 percent allowed.
I would like my front ones tinted as I like the look but don't want to be braking the law so did they put you at ease about this?

Hi Brian I see you got your car tinted at intent is this Glasgow? The only reason I ask is that I have my car booked in there and wondered what you thought of them? Also, can I ask what percentage of shade did you go for? I got a lot of quotes from a few different places and a lot of them said the front was illegal to get tinted as they come with a natural tint so by them putting their tint on top it makes it exceed the 70 per cent allowed.
I would like my front ones tinted as I like the look but don't want to be breaking the law so did they put you at ease about this?
Send an email request to MG UK, asking them to confirm the front windows are not tinted and are clear glass, I had the same issue until I showed them the copy from them, you can test it yourself by opening the driver's window and put a sheet of A4 paper above and below the glass, there will be no noticeable difference, my fronts were done at minimum tint but gives UV protection not done by that company.

Hi Brian I see you got your car tinted at itint is this Glasgow? Only reason I ask is that I have my car booked in there and wondered what you thought if them? Also can I ask what percentage of shade did you go for? I got a lot of quotes from a few different places and a lot of them said the front was illegal to get tinted as they come with a natural tint so by them putting there tint ontop it makes it exceed the 70 percent allowed.
I would like my front ones tinted as I like the look but don't want to be braking the law so did they put you at ease about this?
The front windows have no tint on them so you can get them tinted within the legal requirements. I didn’t go for darkest shade in the rear, just dark enough to not be able to see in properly. I was impressed with iTint btw he made and a good job and very reasonably priced considering how long it took.

The front windows have no tint on them so you can get them tinted within the legal requirements. I didn’t go for darkest shade in the rear, just dark enough to not be able to see in properly. I was impressed with iTint btw he made and a good job and very reasonably priced considering how long it took.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom