Hot Hatch is just a BS term.

But as the XPower is faster than most that have this tag applied I don't see how the name doesn't fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I chose the wrong title for this thread. Should have asked - how freaking awesome is the XPower?

I live and work overseas and return to the UK every few weeks. The XPower is a nice treat to come home to. To me it's the ultimate runaround. Inexpensive, riotously fun, practical.

Does it have any peers when you combine price, performance and practicality? I've had a good look and don't see any. The Volvo EX30 and Smart #1 Brabus both fall short on one or two of these criteria.

The only competition I foresee will come from a Chinese EV brand, perhaps MG itself.

I think the only thing I'm slightly miffed about is that the "Professional driver" didn't have "Sport Mode" engaged at any time during his drive. (AFAICS)*
The torque vectoring they kept mentioning can really be felt if you are in Normal mode when asking for power.

You can feel the front motor engage and give a very slight "tug" at the front.

If I'm "playing" I engage Sport Mode to get a consistent feel throughout the car and then dont get the shuffling of power that he was feeling.

I've always said it's a Hot Hatch, and for me (IMO) it is the perfect balance between everyday day usability and performance for the road.

How do you other X Power drivers feel about it?

P.S. Looks absolutely stunning in Camden Grey 👍

*As Far As I Could See
He had it in custom mode that has sport mode on it amongst other adjustments

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom