i30N long term review makes interesting reading. Sounds a great drive, "fast, fun and secure" with a brilliant exhaust to match.

Liked this bit though- sounded familiar:

1000021057.jpg

250 miles costs me around £7 I reckon.

Maybe I'm a cheap skate but I'm happy with my not-a-hot-hatch-xpower

Well I've had a vast bunch of so called hot hatches: XR2s x2 RS Turbos x2 and other so called fast Fords and they wouldn't hold a candle to this car. We took the Xpower for a blast today on our local country loop. Then returned Home and took my Wife's Ford Puma Racing (one of the few left) which she's had for 21 years, (which I have used on a number of track days) well if that's not a hot hatch I don't know what is. Well of course the MG was way faster but crucially we both thought the MG to be more stable in the fast bends, particularly the bumpy ones. So I'm sorry but the Xpower IS a hot hatch and show me something hotter for 35 grand!
Can I just ask this, what percentage of Xpower owners and even Journalists (whom we all know receive back handers for favourable comments) can even begin to exploit the full handling potential and blistering speed of the Xpower?

So I'm sorry but the Xpower IS a hot hatch and show me something hotter for 35 grand!
Can I just ask this, what percentage of Journalists (whom we all know receive back handers for favourable comments) can even begin to exploit the full handling potential and blistering speed of the Xpower?
Only the odd one probably, Chris Harris springs to mind. But the others no, they test drive cars, and are more interested in how many cup holders and cubby holes and scratchy plastic. They are certainly not racing drivers. 🙄 And don't get me started about the amateur You Tube brigade. 🤬

Hot hatches are just too slow nowadays...

View attachment 26240
...and too expensive for me

evo M2 vs A45s

But per tonne they still come out on top.

Just the 4wd giving us the edge at the start.
Chips doused in urine by 124mph though!!🤣

But the cost!!!!

We in the X Power can outdo them on every single other cost front. 👍

Screenshot_20240504_105100_Chrome.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom