If I pay money for something I reserve the right to whinge.
@olliewebb when I bought my new fridge I checked the following:

A) made in China
B) looked good from the front
C) got things cold really fast

The fact that it falls on its side if you walk near to it and takes a few minutes to turn on every morning are by the by.

Had I paid double then maybe my milk wouldn't be all over the floor most days, but there's no guarantee.

And boy is that milk chilled.

Does the xpower have the active front grill like on the long and extended range models?
If so, can it be disabled by a fuse? (I’ll check the manual)
That might contribute to the overheating at high speed

Another thought: in the video was the regen set to 3?
Because continuously discharging and recharging the battery must contribute to more heat generation in the battery
So before heading to the track I would suggest locking the front vents to the open position and put the regen to 1
And of course disable the A/C out anyway put it in ECO mode

Another thought: in the video was the regen set to 3?
Because continuously discharging and recharging the battery must contribute to more heat generation in the battery
So before heading to the track I would suggest locking the front vents to the open position and put the regen to 1
And of course disable the A/C out anyway put it in ECO mode
Good point that!

I'll never find out though.
I've done nearly every track in the UK, (and Spa) but because I've seen soooo much carnage on the ring, I've yet to be tempted over 🤪

In my opinion it is silly to drive current EVs on a track, they are unsuited to it (weight and cooling and range) and while it is fun to see what they can do in a straight line, they can't compete with ICE.

The good news is they compete really well on the road, which is where 99% of people drive anyway.

Want a track car?, get a Caterham or similar.

Think I will wait a bit for the Gen2 which will hopefully re-map drive wheel motors a bit and have the extended range battery?

In my opinion it is silly to drive current EVs on a track, they are unsuited to it (weight and cooling and range) and while it is fun to see what they can do in a straight line, they can't compete with ICE.

The good news is they compete really well on the road, which is where 99% of people drive anyway.

From experience, it is silly to drive any car on track.
Unless it’s a track car, and you don’t pay for it.
But it’s still awesome!

On the opposite side for long motorway trips I have found turning everything to ECO (HVAC, AC off, drive mode and the ECO setting at the bottom of driver profile) returns very good Miles/kw.

On the opposite side for long motorway trips I have found turning everything to ECO (HVAC, AC off, drive mode and the ECO setting at the bottom of driver profile) returns very good Miles/kw.
That applies to all EVs. Day to day enjoy driving the car without worrying about the mi/kWh especially if you can charge at home on an EV tariff but go full ECO on long journeys. I would have the AC just ticking over for my own comfort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how linear the energy consumption is as you progress up through temperature and fan speeds. For example, just having it switched on with both at the lowest settings could use considerable power, with marginal increases from there upwards. Therefore, if you're switching it on at all, maybe adding a few degrees or fan speed increases is fairly marginal in terms of additional energy requirements.

No idea, just thinking out loud.

Caterham you say -

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom