Different times and different technologies, but ... when I was a spotty yoof I had a Dragon 32 computer. (Still got it actually - up in the loft). I also had a small portable colour TV. When connected to the TV it was supposed to be black text on a green background - on my TV it was an Orange background. Yet if I connected it to any other TV it was a green background. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

#Reminiscing :)

Last edited:
Different times and different technologies, but ... when I was a spotty yoof I had a Dragon 32 computer. (Still got it actually - up in the loft). I also had a small portable colour TV. When connected to the TV it was supposed to be black text on a green background - on my TV it was an Orange background. Yet if I connected it to any other TV it was a green background. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

#Reminiscing :)
Ah, them were the days. Tell the young'uns and they won't believe ye. Used ta live in t'ole in t'ground.......

The LCD display on the car showed green this morning on the battery level and has know turned orange. Does anybody have any ideas why this is ?
I guess if it was due to low battery temps then we'd have seen a lot more of it over the last few days?

Maybe the official explanation of 'glitch' is the correct answer? Bit weird tho.

I still wonder about 12v battery top up Indicator...where does it indicate that is required or does it do it automatically in the background...who knows

I know an ICE usually has a battery indicator, although that's more an indication for the whole electrical charge/storage system. But you never get any notification that the alternator is working OK and charging the battery (unless you physically connect a voltmeter to the battery whilst the engine is running), so why should an EV show that the 12V battery is being charged? :)

Because it draws off the hv batteries is the only explanation I can give. Mine indicates 12v low on startup then goes away after a driven period

I know an ICE usually has a battery indicator, although that's more an indication for the whole electrical charge/storage system. But you never get any notification that the alternator is working OK and charging the battery (unless you physically connect a voltmeter to the battery whilst the engine is running), so why should an EV show that the 12V battery is being charged? :)
Unless, of course, you you have an ignition light. By extinguishing after starting, that's your indication that the charging circuit is working., but an ev has no ignition light - does it? :unsure:
EDIT: I've just realised that that was what you were getting at - soz!

Hi, bit of weird one and I can't find anything in the manual. Got in the car yesterday for a short 2 mile drive and the battery 🔋 percentage meter was orange instead of green...after returning to the car it's back to green... anyone know why it was orange??? Thank you.

What battery % level ?
Orange usually means look for a charger, but ISTR someone else saying theirs went orange with plenty of charge in the battery, a glitch.

What battery % level ?
Orange usually means look for a charger, but ISTR someone else saying theirs went orange with plenty of charge in the battery, a glitch.
67% I'm not sure if it's a glitch or means something, like time for a battery balance or a warning or maybe it's sending charge to the 12v ... I've no idea??

MG customer service could be disbanded and replaced with an automated reply;
1/Please make sure that you are using the latest version of our operating system
2/Please reset and reboot your system
3/If this does not solve your issue or you have something else please contact your MG dealer (who May then refer you to us, so that you can enjoy the merry-go-round once again…

Hi everyone,

Done about 1000 miles so far and this morning the battery symbol on the main screen was orange instead of the usual green, see photo.

Does anyone know what it means?

The regen was much less too, didn't exceed about 11% regen rather than the usual 25% (always Normal mode).

It has definitely been colder on other days and haven't had it before.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-104411.png
    Screenshot_20230122-104411.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Other members have reported this prior to Christmas can remember what the reason was but in a thread somewhere.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back