ZS EV Trophy Vs Trophy Connect questions

I too would be very appreciative of an answer as to the Infotainment screen having a dark mode - I wouldn't be able to manage with it so bright.
Surely the infotainment screen drops into the darker "Night mode" when the automatic head lights are triggered ?.
As it does on the original ZS EV.
Or have a misunderstood the question sorry folks ?.

Surely the infotainment screen drops into the darker "Night mode" when the automatic head lights are triggered ?.
As it does on the original ZS EV.
Or have a misunderstood the question sorry folks ?.
There are 3 settings on the Gen 1, in settings>display: DAY, NIGHT and AUTO modes.

Wow... Customer car in December... It's a Christmas miracle lol

Only question I have is when did you put your order in and which dealer did you use?

I'd be interested to know if the WiFi hotspot option is still available.
@Dotnetter confirmed: There is no wifi hotspot and no wifi settings in the Trophy

I'd be interested to know that as well (As well as the other questions above! :D)
My thinking, coming from a bit of a computing background, is that the Sim card in the car will probably be used for OTA updates and connection to the app, I've heard murmurings that there is potentially an internet "hotspot" that can be enabled, but I doubt that there would be an unlimited amount of data use if any at all (It's probably reserved for the car) The trophy connect seems to be the likely candidate for any additional data regarding hotspot usage.
Still, Until more of us start getting our cars and having a play around, it's all guess work from me :)
@Septian I can't find any wifi hotspot n the Trophy. It was in the Trophy Connect we test drove.

Yes please. Can you work out if you can turn the satnav screen into "dark" mode. I did a test drive yesterday and after 4 o'clock I could only reduce the brightness and it was still burning out my retinas....
@HairyCheese yes you can choose Light, Dark or Auto.

I agree it is insanely bright on Light. Although the brightness control did seem to work well in the version I have. Dark is far more sensible.

I'm not sure if the setting carries over to Android Auto etc. as it nearly blinded me earlier when I started Google Maps. I will do a bit more testing and report back.

@Septian I can't find any wifi hotspot n the Trophy. It was in the Trophy Connect we test drove.
Makes sense tbh :) Will be interesting to see what kind of range you get over these colder months. does it still have the little mobile phone signal top right of the infotainment system? I'm sure it was probably the connect I test drove also, but remember seeing a 4G symbol.

No, the Trophy doesn't have the a phone signal on the top right.

I'm getting between 2.8 and 3 miles per kwh (I'd estimate that's between 190 and 204 miles at 100%) at the moment. Early days though and I've been preheating without it plugged in and exploring the performance a bit. Im fairly confident it's going to be more like 3.2ish when I start using it properly.

No, the Trophy doesn't have the a phone signal on the top right.

I'm getting between 2.8 and 3 miles per kwh (I'd estimate that's between 190 and 204 miles at 100%) at the moment. Early days though and I've been preheating without it plugged in and exploring the performance a bit. Im fairly confident it's going to be more like 3.2ish when I start using it properly.
@Merry can I ask, have you discovered what the voice control button on the steering wheel is capable of requesting yet please ?.
On the IConnect you can command the sun roof to open & close and adjust the climate control temperature settings.
If it does not have this ability, what does the voice control button command then ?.
Is just voice command for when your mobile phone is connected then ?.
As in “Call so and so”.
Thanks.

The videos show how to preheat the car but I don't recall seeing them doing it with it connected to a charger, can it be done whilst on charge as well ?

@Merry can I ask, have you discovered what the voice control button on the steering wheel is capable of requesting yet please ?.
On the IConnect you can command the sun roof to open & close and adjust the climate control temperature settings.
If it does not have this ability, what does the voice control button command then ?.
Is just voice command for when your mobile phone is connected then ?.
As in “Call so and so”.
Thanks.
The button only works when your phone is plugged in, doesn't control the car. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

One thing I just thought of.. Does the USB C port in the front act only as a charger, or can it be used with Android auto/Carplay?

One thing I just thought of.. Does the USB C port in the front act only as a charger, or can it be used with Android auto/Carplay?
@Septian Just checked and the USB C port (USB 2) can't be used for Android Auto/Carplay but can be used for USB media devices. The USB A port can be used for both.

There are third party wireless Android auto devices that we might look into to save plugging in at all

@Septian Just checked and the USB C port (USB 2) can't be used for Android Auto/Carplay but can be used for USB media devices. The USB A port can be used for both.

There are third party wireless Android auto devices that we might look into to save plugging in at all
Shame! I don't mind plugging in, usually USB C is faster though, so hoped that might be an option

We are very fortunate to be collecting our ZS EV Trophy next week.

If anyone had any specific questions compared to the Trophy Connect let me know and I will poke the car to get answers.

I'm curious to know what things are possible when the Trophy is on wifi.

Quick question: Does the Trophy has the feature wherein you can use just your phone to unlock and drive away the car without using car keys?

And now that you have the car for a few weeks, what are your impressions? Do you like it, love it or just alright!?

Any comments on ride quality and noise while driving would be great? How do you find the sound system?

The videos show how to preheat the car but I don't recall seeing them doing it with it connected to a charger, can it be done whilst on charge as well ?
Hi,

The premis of pre-heating your EV Car prior to a journey is that it is done whilst connected to your home charger so that the energy to do so comes from your mains and NOT the main HV battery so that one can start the journey without wasting any range whilst doing so.

Off course you can pre-heat without being connected which although is very convenient especially in cold frosty winter mornings, you are using range energy against whilst connected you are not. Mind you when I was working night shift it was brilliant getting in to a warm and defrosted car.

Frank

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom