"12v battery charging low. Don't stayed parked more than 3 days"

I parked up for 9 days last week Sat - Sun, and not an error or warning in sight when getting in the car on Monday.
I couldn't access iSmart while away when I tired mid week, I assume extra things started shutting down.
So it certainly isn't normal to go 3 days and run into trouble.

Yeah but as I mentioned I fully charged the 12v before driving only 3km, just to have the low battery message again. Seems like a bad battery to me. I could be wrong, but back to the dealer I guess.
It could be a bad battery, but it is worth exhausting the software updates first with the dealer because there have been a number of bugs in this area.

It could be a bad battery, but it is worth exhausting the software updates first with the dealer because there have been a number of bugs in this area.
I have already installed software for my home charger as it didnt take charge at first. Is this the same system?

I have already installed software for my home charger as it didnt take charge at first. Is this the same system?
There are lots of modules in the car involved in battery management and charging and they may need software updates to fix problems charging the 12V battery. This is independent of the Infotainment software, which is the only software we know the version numbers of.

The car should be charging your 12V battery from the HV battery when it needs it, unless the HV battery is in a low state of charge.

Your home charger shouldn't make any difference to a 12V battery problem - all EV chargers only charge the HV battery, it is up to the car to in turn charge the 12V battery when needed.

The question is, how low is low? If the car is close to bricking due to a low HV battery then it makes sense to spare the HV battery because it's a lot easier to get a jump start for a flat 12v than to get a car going when the HV battery is dead. However in other threads it has been suggested that the 12v battery won't recharge if the HV battery is below 50%, which seems frankly ridiculous.

Okay, so this one has tested me and I have tested it over the past couple of weeks at least. The long and short for me is:
If you car is left connected to a charger, but not charging, the HV battery is disconnected. That message displays on screen. Hence, your 12v will not be topped up by the HV battery. Leave the car like that for a few days and use the app, lock, unlock etc, and the 12v battery will deplete.

To keep the 12v topped up, you need the car unplugged from the charger, or charge the car.

Same message for my mg ZS in august, the message disappear after some days. one day the battery died and i need to use a starter to make the car move. They replaced the battery and today after only 12h without driving...same message.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back