Blind Spot Detection, Audible warning?

Jenks

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My car when to the dealer this week to investigate a number of issues that others on this forum have experienced, such as the radio cutting out, the radio not playing, the infotainment screen jumping between menus, LKA, auto headlights etc.

The dealer installed three software patches but could not tell me what they were for. They don't seem to have addressed the radio issues and are not driven enough to see if other problems have been solved. However, before the update, I was sure that the blind spot detection gave an audible alert if you indicated to move over and a car was detected, but since the update, this isn't the case. I don't do a lot of driving on motorways and dual carriageways, so would not have had many alerts, so I could be mistaken about the audible warning.

It would be appreciated if someone with blind spot detection on their MG4 could advise if they have an audible warning when indicating to change land with a vehicle in the blind spot. Thanks

My Trophy does not have an audible warning on Lane Change Assist - it just causes the light on the wing mirror to flash.

I would like to have an audible warning, like on my Merc, but some people here have been complaining about endless bongs from the MG4, so this view may not be universal.

It would be appreciated if someone with blind spot detection on their MG4 could advise if they have an audible warning when indicating to change land with a vehicle in the blind spot. Thanks
I’m fairly sure the rear cross traffic alert beeps, perhaps this what you had experienced? I haven’t ever heard a beep for blind spot warning.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back