• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Can't order the Exclusive but Facelift incoming

I'm happy with our choice of the Kia 4+ e-Niro. All bought and paid for now......job done.

I'm not sold on all the 'high tech' controls of other newer style EV cars, including Teslas.

I will be sorry to leave this forum ...dont forget my immaculate ZS EV Exclusive, with 12k miles will still be available to buy for the next few days @ £20k....

I'm happy with our choice of the Kia 4+ e-Niro. All bought and paid for now......job done.

I'm not sold on all the 'high tech' controls of other newer style EV cars, including Teslas.

I will be sorry to leave this forum ...dont forget my immaculate ZS EV Exclusive, with 12k miles will still be available to buy for the next few days @ £20k....
Hi Chris - Sorry to hear you will be leaving the forum 😔.
When you get your new car, after a few weeks, can you please pop back and give us a quick “Pro vs Con’s” - “Likes & Dislikes” between the e.Nero and the ZS EV.
I really had you pencilled in for a ZS EV Gen 2 to be honest ???.
Thanks !.

I too would be perfectly happy with the 199 range version and save a few grand probably, but also not sure how long I can wait potentially.

I think the 3 trim in UK thing maybe a mistake. Unless one of the trims will be the old model whilst they get rid of stock.
think the 3 trim may be an error. sadly, we won't get pricing until next month:

Hi Chris - Sorry to hear you will be leaving the forum 😔.
When you get your new car, after a few weeks, can you please pop back and give us a quick “Pro vs Con’s” - “Likes & Dislikes” between the e.Nero and the ZS EV.
Thanks !.
Will do.....at the risk of repeating myself, My Mrs likes it and WILL drive it, she just didn't like the MG....which means we free up space in the garage as two cars can be replaced by one. I also got a bit fed up waiting for MG.

I can feel another dose of Waxoyling coming on..... and before someone asks, yes I've checked with the dealer....and just as with my previous Kia (sold 4 years ago) and my current MG,..they are ok with waxoyling.

Cant wait till Thursday.😁

The MG is gleaming again, ready for sale. (both colours are Red and look very similar).

spoke to a dealer today who said they would probably have a new zs to test drive at the end of november and the earliest they expect people to be driving off with one is easter

spoke to a dealer today who said they would probably have a new zs to test drive at the end of november and the earliest they expect people to be driving off with one is easter
Easter! no way.
I'm sure they'll deliver a few hundred when the ship docks in UK (if there's space at the dock...), some will be had by dealerships for demo, the rest will be available for customers.
I think it was said the first lot set sail from the factory in August.

The dealer I visited a month ago told me then that they had been told to expect the new demo towards the end of October. He also said that there were 180 cars already in the UK with 150ish dealers... So possibly a few left for sale once you take some away for press cars etc

The dealer I visited a month ago told me then that they had been told to expect the new demo towards the end of October. He also said that there were 180 cars already in the UK with 150ish dealers... So possibly a few left for sale once you take some away for press cars etc
I will also be stuck in no-man's-land. My current Motability lease gives me the option to order a new car at the end of December. If the existing ZS ev is shown as out of stock I will have to wait and see what January's leasing prices are. If MG have hiked the uplift prices the new model may be removed from the Motability listings.

Just as an update, I have been informed today by the lease company that they are unable to fulfil my order due to release of new model and that they have no pricing options yet on the newer versions.

in this sense I was told by a dealer that his demonstrator is set to be delivered by the end of October and sales in Nov.
I think these dates maybe a little closer and why I believe so based on these facts.

MG ZS EV ( FACE LIFT ) - PRICE RELEASED ON 1ST NOVEMBER 2021.

PRESS DAY 11TH NOVEMBER.

DEMO CAR’S AT THE SHOW ROOM FROM THE 22ND NOVEMBER.

1ST CUSTOMER CARS FROM THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER.

But let's see !.

Just looking on the EV Database and quoted winter range is 95miles although this is worst case at -10c with heating etc.

Anything less than 126miles (round trip) will require a top up.

Out of interest, assuming worst case scenario of 95 miles.

If I arrived with circa 33% charge remaining having covered 63 miles out of the 95 range, how long would a 3 pin charge take to get me up to circa 75% (66% needed for return journey but thinking sensible to have an extra 10%).

I know there are rapid chargers in the area where my mum lives, but just curious about 3 pin as a backup.
The winter range of the ZS is lower than in summer as with any EV and how you drive and what type of roads you drive on makes a big difference. That said I've never had a 95 mile range in winter and typically would get 120 to 130 miles. If it involves mainly motorway you would get less and I think in winter it really pays dividends limiting your driving to 60 rather than 70 mph is really a game changer as is being light with the right foot.

Re the driving experience difference between Excite and Exclusive the Excite seats are much more comfortable in both ZS and MG 5 for that matter

Pricing released for new zs ev. Starts at £28,495 for the SE (after plug in grant). £30,995 for the trophy and £31,495 for trophy connect

. Hi Chris - Sorry to hear you will be leaving the forum 😔.
Thanks !.
Right chaps, as requested a quick comparison ... between the Kia Eniro 4+ and the OLD ZS Ev.

please bare in mind not i'm not very 'techy minded'..

Looks...I think they both look great....the least impressive thing about the Kia in the nose...and lack of grill....then blow me, the new MG looks very much like the Kia!

Ride and comfort.......I think the Kia has a slightly better ride, it feels more planted on the road, probably helped by the independent rear suspension. The seats feel better and having 2 driver settings is good (as the Mrs will actually drive this one!) The steering column adjusts up and down as well as it and out. The Climate control is brilliant, you just set it once and forget it, no misted windows ...hot or cold spots, no faffing with buttons whilst driving.
The auto headlights on the Kia are superb, the auto dip works quicker and better than I can! This was not aways the case in the MG where I frequently reverted to manual mode. The screen, electronics sat nav etc., are a step up from the (old) MG. I think MG had a slightly bigger 'boot', but not by much. There are no weird noises in the Kia. But the sunroof was better in the MG.

Range.....No range anxiety with the KIA...stated range 280miles....ON Sunday I gave it real test!

Our usual 155 mile trip from Derby to Norfolk. I could just make that in the MG..no air con, speed max 60, a bit of slip streaming with big lories, careful acceleration etc. etc. The Mrs was always 'flapping' during the whole blooming trip!

This time, I drove the Kia just like I would any of my previous ICE cars, the last one being a BMW X1.

The weather was foul, heavy rain the whole trip, very windy, we set off early in the dark with the headlights on for the whole 3 1/4 hours. Climate set at a comfortable level. I didn't hang about at all.....drove very vigorously !! Arrived with about 50 miles in "the tank "....so in effect I got about 200 miles rather than 280. But I cannot imagine worse conditions. I am very happy with that.

The Kia has been in production for about 4 years...and it shows, little things have been refined and improved over the years. But it came at a price.....£39k. For us it bought peace on mind and excellent quality and good dealers. I'm sure the new MG will be a big improvement on the old one and for a lot less money than the KIA.
You pays your money and makes your choice. For us it was the right choice :) at the right time.

All the best and enjoy the new ZS EV.

Last edited:
The MG forum is heaps better than another one I could mention! But then again, they perhaps have less to talk about. Some folk have expressed concern about me me mentioning my phone number ...please don't worry...with my 'DeLorean hat on'its been there for many years....essential when gathering info for a book....

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom