CCS Communications Problems

Has anyone tried charging at a bp 250kW charger recently?
I was told there are some firmware issues with the BPGxxxxxx series of chargers and for example myMG4 can’t seem to accept a charge from said charger.

From what I remember reading on here the general consensus was to try and avoid BP Pulse chargers, as many have been unsuccesful with their charge.

From what I remember reading on here the general consensus was to try and avoid BP Pulse chargers, as many have been unsuccesful with their charge.
Which is why I’m trying to narrow it down to the specific chargers: their 150 and 50kW chargers have been so far been fine for me but the new BPG chargers have known issues.

Tesla type 1 charger tip:
A little update to the ccs connection heavy cable problem, on my last long trip here in Norway (sadly to a funeral last month) I only used Tesla chargers (less expensive and more hasselfree) the 13 times I supercharged on the trip.

I noticed a wariant of the ccs plugg not conecting properly to the car, Tesla type 1 (150kW) chargers have very short cables and if I did not back the car propperly upp close to the charger, sometimes the cable was stretched a bit to much so the ccs plug was kind of trying to turn sideways out of the socket in the car. Inn effect the comunication contacts did not connect properly (much like when the cable is heavy and the top of the ccs plugg is twisted slightly out on the top).

Best fix was to backup the car so the charge port was almost "in" the hole in the type 1 charger, that worked every time as the stretched aproch bugged 2 of 3 times even with me pressing the ccs plug in to the charge port (pressing in does not work as good when the preassure on the ccs plug is sideways). I must say it's very relaxing and easy to use Tesla chargers compared to everything else out there, the app works well and the chargers works mostly all the time.

Btw. If one comes to a Tesla charger and the app suggest somthing might be wrong with the charger, change charger as the app is probably right.
I was a bit stubborn and tried several times beeing lazy since this charger was closest to the toilets and not wanting to move a perfectly parked car to one of the 20 other chargers avaliable to me 😄, before at last moving the car to another charger and immediately start charging🤦‍♂️. The charger in question was indeed marked as not in service when I came back later that week.🤷‍♂️

Tesla type 1 charger tip:
A little update to the ccs connection heavy cable problem, on my last long trip here in Norway (sadly to a funeral last month) I only used Tesla chargers (less expensive and more hasselfree) the 13 times I supercharged on the trip.

I noticed a wariant of the ccs plugg not conecting properly to the car, Tesla type 1 (150kW) chargers have very short cables and if I did not back the car propperly upp close to the charger, sometimes the cable was stretched a bit to much so the ccs plug was kind of trying to turn sideways out of the socket in the car. Inn effect the comunication contacts did not connect properly (much like when the cable is heavy and the top of the ccs plugg is twisted slightly out on the top).

Best fix was to backup the car so the charge port was almost "in" the hole in the type 1 charger, that worked every time as the stretched aproch bugged 2 of 3 times even with me pressing the ccs plug in to the charge port (pressing in does not work as good when the preassure on the ccs plug is sideways). I must say it's very relaxing and easy to use Tesla chargers compared to everything else out there, the app works well and the chargers works mostly all the time.

Btw. If one comes to a Tesla charger and the app suggest somthing might be wrong with the charger, change charger as the app is probably right.
I was a bit stubborn and tried several times beeing lazy since this charger was closest to the toilets and not wanting to move a perfectly parked car to one of the 20 other chargers avaliable to me 😄, before at last moving the car to another charger and immediately start charging🤦‍♂️. The charger in question was indeed marked as not in service when I came back later that week.🤷‍♂️
I tried 3 different chargers but take your point about the short/Heavy cables.
I'll also check for water ingress into the bottom of the charger port , although I would have hoped that my dealer might have checked that themselves .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back