choosing option with Climate with ºC through enginering secret option menu.

clockterra

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Ok i have seen some videos on youtube with people that had the climate with ºC, and here is the one that explains how to change it, sorry video is in spanish but you can follow the same steps as he done...

good thing is in the climate option: 2º is the default and 4º option is the one with ºC, could be good if anybody knows what is doing the other 3 options.

Very interesting. There’s a whole load of stuff under the CAN settings. Wish I could read Chinese to know what a lot if the settings were 🤣

Very interesting. There’s a whole load of stuff under the CAN settings. Wish I could read Chinese to know what a lot if the settings were 🤣
Get the google translate app. Download chinese, point your camera at the screen, bingo.
Can't say there's anything on there that's worth changing though. It's mostly telling the car what hardware is installed (heated seat type, parking sensor type etc.)

If you're in there, I would tread very carefully...

One of the folks on the MG ZS EV Facebook group did the translations and there are some other options of interest. One was “Voice Control” ...🤔

I did test turning it on and unfortunately it doesn’t work 😭😭😭😭

One of the folks on the MG ZS EV Facebook group did the translations and there are some other options of interest. One was “Voice Control” ...🤔

I did test turning it on and unfortunately it doesn’t work 😭😭😭😭
No support either inside or outside ( server ) to allow voice control.

I tried it and it worked selecting Dual climate control, which the ZS doesn't have, so the left side of two temperature figures displayed remained at "0". It worked on single but on that the fan speed display was greyed out so didn't show the increase when turning it up.

i'm told that this was discussed on a MG facebook group somewhere. the change is only visual, no magic free climate control update. middle of the slider only showing as 22*C etc.

i'm told that this was discussed on a MG facebook group somewhere. the change is only visual, no magic free climate control update. middle of the slider only showing as 22*C etc.
As we suspected, the car is not carrying the equipment to function as with climate control.
If it was that simple, I am sure MG would have included it, as it’s an extra selling feature of the car.

kind of decent of them to not show the degrees as it implies climate control while in fact it isnt and only shows numerically what position the dial is in

The car is lacking in the automatic temperature control equipment that a climate control feature requires, just to name one of item.
To be honest, I have had some cars with totally automatic climate control and some with manual systems.
Personality, I don’t see a massive problem.
Maybe it’s just me 🤷.

The car is lacking in the automatic temperature control equipment that a climate control feature requires, just to name one of item.
To be honest, I have had some cars with totally automatic climate control and some with manual systems.
Personality, I don’t see a massive problem.
Maybe it’s just me 🤷.
I liked the old Sliders for temp and fan.
car heater.jpg

The electronic dials in the ZS are too slow to respond.

Interestingly on one of the pages there's a setting for country code and I was wondering if changing to Thai would give us the fancy front end they get ?
Page6.jpg

Decided to remove the original post as unsure if there could be any legal implications if I provide additional information on how to modify internal vehicle settings.

Last edited:
Decided to remove the original post as unsure if there could be any legal implications if I provide additional information on how to modify internal vehicle settings.
I can't see there being any legal implications, I don't think it's affecting any construction and use regulations AFAIK.

One of the options has three choices. Namely ABS+EBD, ESP+EBD and ESP mode. My car was in the ABS+EBD mode. Isn’t it better to choose ESP?

Interestingly on one of the pages there's a setting for country code and I was wondering if changing to Thai would give us the fancy front end they get ?
View attachment 5026
I tried setting it to Thailand but it made no difference. Actually you can scroll it and it has every country listed. By the way what are these driving modes 1 and 2? I also see your car is on something called “TAS”, shown as TJAS on my translation and not on LDWS which I assume is Lane Departure Warning System.

I tried setting it to Thailand but it made no difference. Actually you can scroll it and it has every country listed. By the way what are these driving modes 1 and 2? I also see your car is on something called “TAS”, shown as TJAS on my translation and not on LDWS which I assume is Lane Departure Warning System.
Sorry that's not a shot from my car but from a translation took off facebook, so I don't know about TAS. 🤭
I don't know for sure but I'd guess driving mode might be the default mode, Normal, Sport or Eco, or it could be the default level of KERS, 1, 2 or 3 ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom