Common problems with the new ZS EV

since I got my trophy connect in november 21, the radio stops working dab and fm, but music works. It happens irregularly, to fix have to turn off car for about a hr.
MG have finally agreed to swap radio module after 5mths, but now no one knows from MG if the trophy radio module is the same as the connect. So its back to waiting.
Also when switching on its always 1st Jan 2019.
Hi Jack,
Is the version of your infotainment system software ending R19? this is the latest version which I can see you can force the head unit to upgrade to in settings. Cheers Jake

If true, that just makes it even more silly.

Maybe the non-connect has had an update, the connect has yet to receive.

On the other hand, if the non-connect is not able to do OTA, it's more important they get it right the first time around :)
The new facelift ZS EV cannot do OTA on the cars ECU/BMS as everyone first thought. All that can happen is the infotainment system can search for updates like you do at home with your Ipad. Software ending R19 is the latest version (May 22) which is what I have on my Trophy Connect LR.

Has anybody actually received an OTA update? My LR trophy is on R16 and there are currently no updates available according to the car.

There is no way you need 30amp fuse you probably only need 5amp max?
It's not the fact that I chose a 30 amp fuse it was that it was a LIVE fuse when the car is off which is why I chose this as I did the same 2 years ago on my MK1 ZS EV and have also just done on my Long Range Trophy Connect. Never had a problem and please feel free to pick a fuse that suits you just make sure it's live so your camera comes on when someone nudges or bumps your car.

Miles in his podcast said R16 was the latest update? Different for trophy connect?
No Tony, Miles mentioned R19 which my trophy connect is currently on. You can update the infotainment system from within the settings section and select update software if you're not already on R19.

Last edited:
It's not the fact that I chose a 30 amp fuse it was that it was a LIVE fuse when the car is off which is why I chose this as I did the same 2 years ago on my MK1 ZS EV and have also just done on my Long Range Trophy Connect. Never had a problem and please feel free to pick a fuse that suits you just make sure it's live so your camera comes on when someone nudges or bumps your car.
Yes but surely you have a different fuse for the dash Cam normally on a piggy back you use the supply fuse then the right fuse for what your running

Yes but surely you have a different fuse for the dash Cam normally on a piggy back you use the supply fuse then the right fuse for what your running
Yes maybe I wasnt clear but I have piggy backed off a 30 amp LIVE fuse with the car install kit that came with my dashcam.

Last edited:
There are only infotainment system OTA updates but not ECU/BMS car updates like first advertised. ALL car OTA updates need to be completed by the dealer whilst connected to the MG Server and the car at service intervals.
I did not say it was for all ecus
And if it goes to dealer its no longer a OTA update its just a update

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom