• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Configurator now live and prices confirmed

There's a £3k difference between the SE LR and the Trophy LR which seems a lot. The SE SR is a real bargain compared to an ID.3.
Trouble is there's a lot on the Trophy that I would very much miss if I didn't pay the extra. But yes the price of the SE does seem quite good

The website suddenly seems to be playing up for me. Can anyone else open the "Full Specifications" bit?
Not sure if MG are bugfixing, the page went live too early, or it's just being hammered by prospective customers.

Boot capacity, seats up @ 363 litres isn't bad for the size of car (slightly more than Marvel R) but seats down 1177 litres is a bit disappointing for a car with the sort of rear leg room it has.

(Radio controlled planes need space).

Interesting that the Arctic White and Holborn Blue are the same price! Not a fan of white cars so glad there is a choice of colours at the lowest price point. (not that I'm planning any change yet as only just got my ZS!)

Interesting that the Arctic White and Holborn Blue are the same price! Not a fan of white cars so glad there is a choice of colours at the lowest price point. (not that I'm planning any change yet as only just got my ZS!)
When the full spec bit was working, it showed "Battersea Blue (£545)", instead of "Holborn Blue (Standard)". Note that the blue button on the configurator has also turned black.
Hence my earlier comment about bugfixing.

Last edited:
I couldn't get the spec part to open on edge but it opened o.k on chrome.
Now , if I could get one for November should I change my order with Vanarama?
from what I can see it's the Trophy LR is £500 cheaper than a ZS Se LR

mmmm decisions descisions!

Think thats a mistake and the blue is extra

as a long range trophy it costs the same as my ZS long range trophy Connect

The ZS LR Trophy Connect at £34,450 + paint? You got a bargain previously.

It's a car in a different sector, but nowhere near as compromised as it's built on an EV platform and not converted from an ICE. But only you know what suits you.

I'm starting to think now is the time to swap my Mazda 3 for an MG EV. Now that the prices have come out and i can see that the MG4 SE and MG4 SE LR are rather reasonably priced its choosing between them. Does anyone have any experience with the MG ZS EV SR (Facelift) with the same 51 kWh pack that the MG4 SE has? how does it hold up as the battery chem is different to the LR.

Trying to decide if its worth paying the extra for the LR.

I'm starting to think now is the time to swap my Mazda 3 for an MG EV. Now that the prices have come out and i can see that the MG4 SE and MG4 SE LR are rather reasonably priced its choosing between them. Does anyone have any experience with the MG ZS EV SR (Facelift) with the same 51 kWh pack that the MG4 SE has? how does it hold up as the battery chem is different to the LR.

Public consensus is that the 51kwh battery is LFP chemistry. LFP is said to sustain more charge cycles at the expense of a slower (Rapid) charge speed and being more sensitive to low temperature.

I've research battery Chemistry a fair bit and I would take the Chemistry in the LEP Chemistry in the ZS SR over the Li-Ion in the ZS LR any day. LEP is more practical for an EV after all don't you want to go out to the car in the morning and know you can have a fully charged car with a full range which LEP absolutely loves, rather than with a Li-Ion faff around making a decision whether to charge overnight and if you should only charge to 80% or if you can afford to set and charge to 100%? And LEP is more tolerant than Li-Ion to high temperatures etc. I could go on.

Public consensus is that the 51kwh battery is LFP chemistry. LFP is said to sustain more charge cycles at the expense of a slower (Rapid) charge speed and being more sensitive to low temperature.
I've research battery Chemistry a fair bit and I would take the Chemistry in the LEP Chemistry in the ZS SR over the Li-Ion in the ZS LR any day. LEP is more practical for an EV after all don't you want to go out to the car in the morning and know you can have a fully charged car with a full range which LEP absolutely loves, rather than with a Li-Ion faff around making a decision whether to charge overnight and if you should only charge to 80% or if you can afford to set and charge to 100%? And LEP is more tolerant than Li-Ion to high temperatures etc. I could go on.

Thank you both for the response. My thoughts exactly Barry, Just had a wonder to my local MG dealer. Put my name down and paid the £99 refundable deposit. Can't not at the price it is. Been wanting to get into an ev for a while now especially with current fuel prices and the mileage I do.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back