Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

Dealers are getting a few cars each in September most will keep one as a demo and sell the others. If you manage to get on the list for one of these you may not get a choice of spec or colour. If you order what you want it may take a while to fill your order.
Or, if like me, you are happy to change colours (from Grey to Blue) you can have a car in September!

Dealers are getting a few cars each in September most will keep one as a demo and sell the others. If you manage to get on the list for one of these you may not get a choice of spec or colour. If you order what you want it may take a while to fill your order.
They're being told to keep two, one for the showroom and one demonstrator.

I've just received an e-mail circular from Glyn Hopkin advertising the MG4. It says - now available to order, the MG4 is currently undergoing final testing, UK sales should commence early in 2023.

They're not who I placed my order with, but it sounds like they're playing it safe with their 2023 sales comment.

Just called up MG Chiswick and was told that I am guaranteed to receive my blue SE LR before the end of December but that's the best they can promise at the moment. I'm hoping to hear back from them again once they know what stock they are getting. It seems that some dealers are getting more information than others about when they will receive their stock.

Just called up MG Chiswick and was told that I am guaranteed to receive my blue SE LR before the end of December but that's the best they can promise at the moment. I'm hoping to hear back from them again once they know what stock they are getting. It seems that some dealers are getting more information than others about when they will receive their stock.
Information seems mixed from dealer to dealer?

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he only knew the spec of the demo and showroom cars they were getting, and how many customer cars but not what spec…

We ordered a mg4 Sr se yesterday from our local dealer and they no what specs and colours they have coming and they had 3 or 4 left all Sr though so hopefully a few weeks or so subject to a test drive in holden blue

My dealer confirmed this morning that they have been told of their allocation and should be delivered to them in the next week or so. I pre-ordered last month and understand my red Trophy is among the allocation but have to wait until they are physically at the dealership to confirm. Test Drive booked for 19th so definitely before then.

They are not obligated to use a Trophy as their demo car. It is down to the dealer to choose if they want to use an SE, so I have been told.
I think you find all will use the Trophy as the demo car.

Don't know about that, my dealer usually uses the lower spec SE cars for demo, I expect this trend will continue with the MG4, which is better really, as most sales are likley to be of the SE / SE LR around my area.

Information seems mixed from dealer to dealer?

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he only knew the spec of the demo and showroom cars they were getting, and how many customer cars but not what spec…
They seem to know something of the specs they have to sell because they have SE SR for Sept delivery on Autotrader.

This has not been the case for my dealership. Only one trophy allocated and that has been sold to me. He is using an SE LR for demo, an SE SR for display and an SE SR for sale

I put my order in last Tuesday (Camden Grey please😊) and the dealer said he'd had 10 orders already. So I'm not hopeful of getting one any time soon, but hopefully quicker than ordering now for a mk2 ZS.
Hi, don't know if this is the right thread, but I popped into my local MG dealer, to sort out my next ZS and was told that NO MGs would have the sunroof as China had stopped fitting them, seemed a bit strange. Anyone had the same told to them?

My dealer said he had 3 MG4's coming. 1 SE and 2 Trophy's both in Orange. 1 of the Trophy's is for me and the other is to be used by the manager as a company car and demo. The SE is for people to sit in in the showrooms.

Hi, don't know if this is the right thread, but I popped into my local MG dealer, to sort out my next ZS and was told that NO MGs would have the sunroof as China had stopped fitting them, seemed a bit strange. Anyone had the same told to them?
Yes they have dropped the sunroof but will give you i smart on all models of ZS.

The sky roof was dropped from 1st July onward for new factory orders of the Trophy spec. Instead that trim now includes the live services that were a 'Connect' feature, as well as rear privacy glass. IIRC iSmart was always included on all facelift ZS EV, just with some features not available on all trims:
Some people have still been able to secure a Trophy with the Sky Roof if they found a dealer that already had one on order.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back