Driver's display too bright

I've fitted an anti-glare screen to mine which helps to take the edge off.

Hi I have an anti reflection screen on the driver's display. Is this screen actually tinted to make the screen darker? I'm not sure if anti glare means anti reflection, or tinted to be darker.

However the details say "anti glare, anti reflection" so it doesn't do anything to address the thread issue, ie to darken the screen.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi I have an anti reflection screen on the driver's display. Is this screen actually tinted to make the screen darker? I'm not sure if anti glare means anti reflection, or tinted to be darker.
Its frosted so it's anti-reflective but it does have the effect of decreasing the contrast of the display and blurring it slightly.

I bought a pair of these when I had cataracts and was bothered by the glare of oncoming car lights. I have no idea where they are now. I don't find the screens a problem at all.

One thing I'm noticing during this second summer following surgery is that I'm no longer grabbing for my Polaroids on sunny days because my photochromic lenses aren't cutting it. I was certainly doing that last summer. But now, even here on holiday in the Mediterranean, I'm fine with the normal photochromic tint. I guess I must just have got used to it. Everything eyesight-related is just perfect now. And I laugh at complaints that the car screen fonts are too small.

Last edited:
I solved the problem adding a polarizer filter (ebay, for iPads) twisted ~30° so it doesn't block all the light but about 50%... enough brightness during the day and no dazzle during the night. Huge improvement and I can fully enjoy the powerful LED headlights of the Trophy

Dark mode on android auto works well to stop the 1000w bulb the left screen is and mine is now set almost as low as it can go. I also think the driver screen could be much better and be more like a virtual cockpit that was in my 2021 VW. Like changing to old school Speedo. Question is does maps ( via Android Auto) show on the driver's screen? I can't seem to get it to work.

No it doesn't - certainly not on the SE anyway, and I don't think it does on the Trophy either.

I bought the brotect screen protectors off Amazon for both screens and some 50% vlt window tint film. Applied the tint to both protectors then fitted them to the screens. Made a big difference and would even say I could go to 70% vlt on the driver's display as that's still slightly bright in darkness on the lowest brightness

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back