ECU Module version spreadsheet

And this gives you an idea how long the BMS I have takes to charge and equalise 🤣 the charging takes no time at all tbh.. but the after bit.. wow.
Screenshot_20210307-191150_evenergy.jpg

That’s interesting. I haven’t recapped back through the thread so this may have been asked. You’re on the 455v bms version - have you had issues?

That’s interesting. I haven’t recapped back through the thread so this may have been asked. You’re on the 455v bms version - have you had issues?
No issues at all (at least nothing that I've noticed), apart from the AGE it takes to equalise

That’s interesting. I wonder why? It’s usually either the bad software (in which case you shouldn’t continue trying), a history of rapid charging and not much ac or equalisation. In your case it’s neither. Based on your charging stats it would have taken you about 4hrs to put 27kw in your car meaning equalisation of about 6hrs? Equalisation will stop anyway after about 10hrs I believe even if the cells are not fully equalised. Does it always take so long to equalise?

That’s interesting. I wonder why? It’s usually either the bad software (in which case you shouldn’t continue trying), a history of rapid charging and not much ac or equalisation. In your case it’s neither. Based on your charging stats it would have taken you about 4hrs to put 27kw in your car meaning equalisation of about 6hrs? Equalisation will stop anyway after about 10hrs I believe even if the cells are not fully equalised. Does it always take so long to equalise?
Yep, every single time. I know what you mean about the software, when I can actually get to a garage to have the BMS updated I'll do so, It doesn't really bother me about the time, But I know that is "the norm" for that BMS version (As far as I'm aware)

My car had the 15th Jan 2021 BMS update applied on the 18th Jan 2021.
I have performed about 5 - 6 charge / balance cycles since that date.
Our usage is restricted under current C19 restrictions, as I am sure you understand.
I did carry out a charge / balance on Saturday 06.03.2021 using cheap "Off - Peak" electric at the weekend's.
The car had about 60 to 70 miles of remaining range left on the GOM.
I can't remember what time I commenced the charge, but it did start balancing at 3.30pm and totally finished at about 8.00pm.
So, roughly about 4.30 to balance the pack ( again, latest BMS update applied remember ).
Depending on your SOC when you start your charging cycle, the balancing is very likely to take longer than the charge cycle itself.
After this latest charge, the car is reporting 449 volts on the pack and a predicted 154 miles of range in default mode of - Normal & Regen level 3.
The car was reporting a ambient temp of 2.0 degrees on boot up.
I do feel that the balancing process is still too long though somehow ???.
It drives absolutely fine and as best as I can tell ( under the current C19 restrictions ) the consumptions is about right ( ish ).
Mind you, the time scale of the balancing HAS reduced from the first couple of cycles that I did !.
The first charge / balance I did after the update, had taken over 11 hours !.

Forgot to check what the dash voltage said 🙄
I'm sure it'd have shown the same value (to a whole number)
I've added that data to the spreadsheet.

2 people with your BMS have SOC 97.0% with 457(.25)Volts.

It certainly seem that the limit was not 455volts but actually 457Volts Max.
Max cell 4.235 / Min cell 4.204 - 0.031 difference. I'd imagine you may be able to squeeze a tiny bit more out if they were very slightly more in balance!

Yep, every single time. I know what you mean about the software, when I can actually get to a garage to have the BMS updated I'll do so, It doesn't really bother me about the time, But I know that is "the norm" for that BMS version (As far as I'm aware)
Makes sense, that's why they tried to create a new BMS in Oct - to fix the long balancing times in the July version that you have.
I would say, it doesn't look as in balance between the max / min cells as most others. Usually about 0.01-0.02 difference rather than 0.031. Which again makes sense as it'll be timing out after 10 hours of balancing whereas it probably wants even longer to do it (if it ever actually does quite do it "perfectly").

My car had the 15th Jan 2021 BMS update applied on the 18th Jan 2021.
I have performed about 5 - 6 charge / balance cycles since that date.
Our usage is restricted under current C19 restrictions, as I am sure you understand.
I did carry out a charge / balance on Saturday 06.03.2021 using cheap "Off - Peak" electric at the weekend's.
The car had about 60 to 70 miles of remaining range left on the GOM.
I can't remember what time I commenced the charge, but it did start balancing at 3.30pm and totally finished at about 8.00pm.
So, roughly about 4.30 to balance the pack ( again, latest BMS update applied remember ).
Depending on your SOC when you start your charging cycle, the balancing is very likely to take longer than the charge cycle itself.
After this latest charge, the car is reporting 449 volts on the pack and a predicted 154 miles of range in default mode of - Normal & Regen level 3.
The car was reporting a ambient temp of 2.0 degrees on boot up.
I do feel that the balancing process is still too long though somehow ???.
It drives absolutely fine and as best as I can tell ( under the current C19 restrictions ) the consumptions is about right ( ish ).
Mind you, the time scale of the balancing HAS reduced from the first couple of cycles that I did !.
The first charge / balance I did after the update, had taken over 11 hours !.
You've not got the obd2 thing have you?

It would be interesting to see your min and max cell, then you'd be able to see if it's back in balance.

Did you do an accumulated trip reset? before getting your 154GOM in N3.
I get 163 if I reset Acc in N3 - which is........yep the WLTP range.

I have posted in the other ODB2 thread. My car got the updated BMS and was at the dealer here in Norway for 2 weeks. They carried out the balancing and when the care was "released" on Thursday they said the imbalance was now down to 23mv form 189mv when they took it in. Max voltage at 100% SOC and after balancing for around 4 hours is 449Volt In ECO mode with heating off seeing max range of 284km (178miles). Balancing added 1kW BMS version is 0210622EU1 Here are screenshost of the various ECU SW versions installed on the car.

Screenshot_20210306-172731_ZS EV.jpg
Screenshot_20210306-172738_ZS EV.jpg

!00%SOC after balancing is showing in the app 93.8% voltage 450

I have posted in the other ODB2 thread. My car got the updated BMS and was at the dealer here in Norway for 2 weeks. They carried out the balancing and when the care was "released" on Thursday they said the imbalance was now down to 23mv form 189mv when they took it in. Max voltage at 100% SOC and after balancing for around 4 hours is 449Volt In ECO mode with heating off seeing max range of 284km (178miles). Balancing added 1kW BMS version is 0210622EU1 Here are screenshost of the various ECU SW versions installed on the car.

View attachment 2082View attachment 2083

!00%SOC after balancing is showing in the app 93.8% voltage 450
Thanks, added to the spreadsheet.

You have 1 new version not seen before, which I'm guessing is because all the others are from the UK?
EPS: Zs11ESVf1

You've not got the obd2 thing have you?

It would be interesting to see your min and max cell, then you'd be able to see if it's back in balance.

Did you do an accumulated trip reset? before getting your 154GOM in N3.
I get 163 if I reset Acc in N3 - which is........yep the WLTP range.
No - You are correct, I do not have the OBD device.
I did perform the accumulative mileage reset after receiving the car back from the dealer.
It did increase the predicted range instantly.
They ( the dealer ) did not perform this reset.
When I picked up the car after the Jan 15th update, it reported a voltage of 449 V ( briefly flashing to 450 volts ) with a predicted range of 162 miles on the GOM in normal default range.
But, further full charge / balance cycles after have reported similar HV pack voltages, but the predicted range is a little less.
Hard to say if this has been caused by journey type or demands on the system etc.
The weather conditions have been cold, and my old bones really like the the heat.
Therefore, the HVAC settings have been set pretty high on every single trip lately.
Prior to the car having its first service / BMS update, I would only charge the pack to the full max level, IF I had a long journey to cover the following day.
Normally, I would charge to a SOC that would suit my needs for the upcoming trips in the following week.
E.G :- So if my trips over the next few days where only small ( Due to C19 etc ) then I would only charge to about 80% of the capacity of the HV battery.
Therefore only charging to about 100 - 120 miles of range of SOC, so charging to about 80% on the GOM would meet our needs just fine for that forth coming weekly trips.
So, over the last 12 months of ownership, it is very true to say that the car has only EVER been charged / balanced though it's full cycle ........ about 6 - 8 times in total max.
I was never in the habit of charging the HV battery to the full point of bursting, just to make a small trip to our local super market trip once a week - why would you ?.
Therefore, it is true to suspect that my HV pack could have well been a little "Out of balance" prior to the update ???.
Question : - Who the hell honestly checked the voltage on their HV packs after a charge before tall his crap kicked off.
Nobody - is the answer !.
Now it has become an all consuming passion.
Hand on heart, I have no idea what my HV pack voltage was prior to this problem inflicted by the so called "Buggy" software thing.
I really don't think my car was ever affected by it anyway.
I just simply understand this, prior to the first service I had a car that I could simply charge and use. It would give me a pretty good return on the estimated range, to the distance covered in actual miles.
NOW - ( like a few other owners ) we have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on !.
The factory OEM software, complete with it's crazy bongs was hard to live with - right ?.
But it was stable, but now post BMS ( so called ) "improvements" has caused more issues that it has cured in my opinion !.
Only speaking for myself here, after owning the ZS EV for 12 months and 9,000 miles covered, I really had GOOD handle of what this car could return, in regards to distance covered vs the predicted milage on the GOM.
It was pretty much bang on - one mile of range used was one about one mile of range covered.
Now, I have no idea what the hell is achievable !.
A so called "first Service / Improvement update" has caused this problem, pure and simple !.
No wonder owners are frustrated and angry with the whole situation.
Somebody has screwed up here BIG style for sure.
Left a massive hole to “back fill” with owners that's for sure !.

Last edited:
Hi, please find data with 100% charge and equalisaion. Bought car end of December 2020, driven 515 miles, got BMS update on 25th January. Never done rapid charging, all with fast chrager i.e. 7KWH except equalisation on granny charger. 449V on display with 100% charge , HAVC off Economy range 200 miles. HAV off Normal range 182. App data SoC 93%, SoH is 100% with Voltage 449.5 V

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308_065740_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210308_065740_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20210306_153150_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306_153150_com.mg.zs.mgzsev.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20210308_065720_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210308_065720_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20210306_153157_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210306_153157_com.mg.zs.mgzsev (1).jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 167
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210308_064013.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210308_064013.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 161
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210308_064023.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210308_064023.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 155
I've just posted the test I've done this evening - Low State of Charge / Run Flat Test - with OBD2 Data (8/3/21).
(93.0% - 0.5% SoC)

Data from my Danish MG ZS EV - 100% charged. Updated February 2021 due to unbalanced cells. With battery heater option.
mg zs ev data.png

Oh, I see. I will try and reread the data tomorrow. The app keeps crashing though, so fingers crossed.

It does crash sometimes if it tries to flip from portrait to landscape (easy done if laid down flat)
It crashes regardless. It seem to be affected by changes. i.e. switching lights off/on, drive move etc, but also crashes when simply switching tabs. Also, the SoH displayed at the "Home" screen is unreliable. Anyway, I tried getting the info you want, but it always misses some information. It must be the way the app reads the data from the OBD. Somehow it is not stringent/consistent. Everytime it crashed or I pressed Refresh, I got different information. But collectively, I think you can make sense of it, so I've attached a zip with multiple images for you to piece together the information you need.

Attachments

• 2021-03-10 06.45.18.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
It crashes regardless. It seem to be affected by changes. i.e. switching lights off/on, drive move etc, but also crashes when simply switching tabs. Also, the SoH displayed at the "Home" screen is unreliable. Anyway, I tried getting the info you want, but it always misses some information. It must be the way the app reads the data from the OBD. Somehow it is not stringent/consistent. Everytime it crashed or I pressed Refresh, I got different information. But collectively, I think you can make sense of it, so I've attached a zip with multiple images for you to piece together the information you need.
Oh dear!
I assume you're running ver 1.2.1
Could be the obd2 gadget maybe that you've got, maybe the android device....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom