Efficacy of Aero Wheel Covers

I think the covers look better than the wheels

I generally like alloy wheels. But something about the MG4 wheels looks “off”. Possibly could have been 18 inch, not the best looking styling. But most of all they look “raw” as if they should have been cut, polished, or varnished.

They look as budget as you could get.

But quite a lot of EVs have covers or naff wheels. Tesla particularly so

I generally like alloy wheels. But something about the MG4 wheels looks “off”. Possibly could have been 18 inch, not the best looking styling. But most of all they look “raw” as if they should have been cut, polished, or varnished.

They remind me of the alloys on my old 1999 Ford Focus (file photo, not my actual car).
1920px-1999_Ford_Focus_Zetec_1.8_Front.jpg

Thanks for taking the time - I have to say Nice - But I think I'll leave my trims on - I think it makes the wheels look smaller with them being bright silver as opposed to the trim black / silver
Hmm - yeah as per my comment earlier- 18 inch wheels would have been better

As far as economy without aero covers, local use is returning 3.2 miles/kW.
I plan to visit my son next month which will be a 200 mile motorway trip so with higher speeds that might be a more useful efficiency test.
Trip from Colchester to Ashford Kent and back returned 3.7 miles/kW, most either A12 or motorway, ACC set to 60 mph. Local use at that time was 3.9 miles/kW, now two weeks later and warmer (16ºC) local sub 5 mile trips are returning 4.7 m/kW. Very please with those figures.
MG4 SE

All black aero covers and steel wheels on the SE in France. No priv glass either. I like it.

View attachment 11082
Only saw this today.
How can I get these covers in the UK?

Trip from Colchester to Ashford Kent and back returned 3.7 miles/kW, most either A12 or motorway, ACC set to 60 mph. Local use at that time was 3.9 miles/kW, now two weeks later and warmer (16ºC) local sub 5 mile trips are returning 4.7 m/kW. Very please with those figures.
MG4 SE
Are you saying the aero wheel covers are making hardly any difference? Cause I quite like the look of the original alloys on my full black SE SR

tesla wheels.jpg

Tesla wheels without the Aero's are far nicer than MG4's

I can confirm they make no difference at all. I changed my summer alloys back to the original facrory set and with similar temperatures no difference.

No idea if the aero covers make a difference to economy, I asked for mine to be left on the boot and they have never been fitted, I just prefer the naked look.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back