• >= 4.0 mls/kWh

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Waterstoney

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have ZS Trophy LR for 5 months. I drove 1700 miles. My electric driving efficiency was 3.9 mls/kWh for 100h of driving.

My best efficiency was on 20 mls round trip to work: 5.5 mls/kWh to work, 5.6 kWh back home in July.

My best motorway efficiency was 100mls round trip to Gatwick Airport. 4.6 mls/kWh without using ACC. I drove between 55 to 60 mls/h in early morning in August.

Driving from Ruislip to Penrith and return recently ( last weekend of July) I was getting around 280 miles range. Stayed at my folks in Greater Manchester overnight there and back and charged on the granny charger each way. Charged to 100% at center parcs ( lots of 7 kw chargepoints at 39 pence per kwh). Set the mg pilot ACC usually at 65mph. Drive mostly in ECO with the occasional bit of Normal to add cooler air when required. That gave me roughy 4.1 m per kwh. The highest I ever had was 14 m per kwh. Going down hill on a hot day in the IOW at about 20 to 30 mph. By the time I pulled up to a stop and could photo it had dropped to

Attachments

• 20230527_162553.jpg
    20230527_162553.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for casting your votes on your best long term running efficiency.

Most people achieved or exceeded the official WLTP range published by MG, based on votes so far.

My best efficiency 5.6mls/kWh was achieved on 20 miles speed limit road or in slow moving traffic. Maybe high ride of ZS won't be efficient at high speed.

It is amazing to see many people are doing much better than me.

On a trip yesterday from Ruislip to Exeter ( m5 services where I stayed over night (btw I always stay in Exeter overnight on route to Cornwall be it EV or ICE) I got 4 miles per kwh. That was travelling fully packed with a Thule roof box ( an aerodynamic one designed to eek out extra range on EVs). 60mph on Eco on MG Pilot ACC. Pretty pleased with that. I charged at Grid serve in the services this morning at about 6.25am ( I always get up early). 30% to 80% in about 25 minutes. The highest speed it reached was 87kw.

2022 MkII ZS LR Trophy. On shorter journeys I have had 5.5mls/kw.
In winter motorway loaded cases & passengers I have had 3.3m/kwh, but summer loaded motorway Cases & passengers it Tends to be about 4 to 4.2mls/kwh on eco, manual driving and highest regen.
The highest charge speed so far 83kwh.
The best efficiency i've had is going down a protracted hill where it tops out at 20mls/kw. Stays there (even though it should continue higher), but then I've noticed it takes longer to come down again when accelerating. Ie it seems to still 'count/calculate' the regen /miles travelled, even though it only shows a max of 20mls/kwh.

I'm on 7000 miles, not reset any counts. Average of 3.6 including plenty of motorway, and country roads. Some journeys I can get 4.1ish if I want to be very eco, keeping it all in normal mode but adaptive cruise following lorries on the motorway!

I’m on 5,400 miles, no resets, averaging 4.1 mpkWh. Mostly local driving but with several long trips via motorway, and lots of dual carriageway A roads

Recently completed my first 1000 miles. Meter reset twice, once with battery disconnect to address app connection problem and once by dealer when correcting the missing V2L, neither were planned and I intend to leave meter to record long term performance. Basically averaging 4.1 miles/ kWh so far, mostly local trips but a couple of longer journeys including some motorway. Be very interesting to see what I get in the winter!

It was a 26°C warm September day in London yesterday. I charged my ZS LR to 100% for the first time in 6 months. 123miles return trip to RHS Garden Wisley tooks 4hours mainly on M25. The traffic was bad but the efficiency was good. With aircon set to 23°C, I achieved 4.3mls/kWh efficiency. I had 62% battery left for 193 more miles after the trip.

I would recommend the vegitable garden visit at this harvest season. I want say hello here to black 22 reg ZS EV trophy driver overtook me on M25 west bound towards A3.

ZS LR range would be 316 miles (123+193) based on my driving yesterday.

My average range is 273 miles (=4.0mls/kWh efficiency × 68.3 kWh usable battery capacity) between March to September. It is spot on according to MG's WLTP range. I only use normal drive but contols acceleration pedal carefully on speed up and slowing down.

Recently completed my first 1000 miles. Meter reset twice, once with battery disconnect to address app connection problem
Reboot solved my iSmart connection problem by long holding on home button when power is on.
Be very interesting to see what I get in the winter!
Preheat the battery one hour before travel should improve efficiency. It can be achieved on iSmart "schedule charging" screen. Winter is coming...

10000 miles done since March.
Avareged 3.4 mls/kWh.

Lots of it on motorways at 70 miles per hour.
Last two months more rural roads.

Usually normal or sport mode. Never Eco. Kers 3. AC almost always on.

I drive the way it gives me the most pleasure. Not really bothered by efficiency.

10000 miles done since March.
Avareged 3.4 mls/kWh.

Lots of it on motorways at 70 miles per hour.
Last two months more rural roads.

Usually normal or sport mode. Never Eco. Kers 3. AC almost always on.

I drive the way it gives me the most pleasure. Not really bothered by efficiency.
I usually use ECO. Even on that it has vastly more power or speed than anything I had before. My view is why pay more. Sport and Normal don't give me ( that's for me, for others it may be different) anything more except in very specific circumstances. Eg getting up a steep hill on eg a non tarmacked road or an initial boost on a/c or heating to get it where I want it. Once its at a comfortable temp, the ECO setting pretty much maintains it. And on the very odd occasion I will use Sport for a 'thrill' ride (not a utility journey) eg the southern coast road on the IOW when on holiday.

Last edited:
I’d like to drive on eco all the time, but it resets to Normal after the journey. Is there anyway of getting Eco set as the default start mode?
There are many things I would like to set as default, but unfortunately we're stuck with what MG decides to give us.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom