• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Cold weather range test completed today...on my driving it’s really very good.

A Better Route Planner has the MG ZS EV with a reference consumption of 275 watt hours per mile at 65 mph. That translates to approx 3.64 miles/kWh.

A few days ago when the ambient temperature was 8 degC I had an indicated 3.6 miles/kWh (mainly A roads at 60 mph and a small bit of town driving at 20mph, mode = Normal, KERS = 3). So, my thoughts are that this is about right over a calendar year of conditions.

Expect a bit more in summer conditions and less during the winter.

I’ve found mine to pretty accurate, more so than a lot of other cars.... speed limit 50mph through motorway rosdwfkd for example, MG Pilot set to 50mph, and aside for the cars speeding, my ZS is one of the fastest! It is within 1mph at 30mph of the digital road signs around my area.
Ahhh that reminds of when we were teenagers in Ford Fiesta XR2's.

We regularly checked to see who's 70mph was the fastest 🤣

Agreed, mine has always been low 4 per kWh, but recently due to the cold it went to 2.8 to 2.9 if lucky, however 7 degrees today and on a short local trip of 7 miles got back to 3.5 miles per KWh....temperatures are due to increase again tomorrow where I am and so I’m happy 😃

Thanks for your information. However I still think I will have it looked at. At present I achieve 2.8KWH others do get 4.5. I understand your view re temperature etc but want to be sure.
@John Arnold
Surely get your car checked.
Anyway 2.8 during the recent very cold spell in my opinion is OK.
Going by MG data, if one uses all the in car comforts and drives in normal mode and upto 70mph then the expected miles per kWh will be about 3.2 to 3.4 in temps above 15 Celsius. Below 15C the numbers plunge to below 3 to 3.2
Unfortunately the ZS MG has one of the worse power efficiencies at speeds above 65mph and temperatures below 15 Celsius.
Some people just like doing higher numbers rather than enjoying the car in full so they drive in eco with all in car comforts off and maximum speed 60mph. In the summer if one drives that way one can achieve upto 4.5 to 5 miles per kWh easily. I prefer to drive in comfort and at whatever speed I feel is appropriate. This means charging more often but I maximise my free charging opportunities.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom