EV opposition in the media is ramping up

I can't even see the remains of a registration plate. It also looks like a two-seater. Somebody on Twitter said it looked a bit like a kit car.

I looked for iPace wheels but the only one that looked a bit like that was for the F-Pace and had five spokes, not six.

I can't even see the remains of a registration plate. It also looks like a two-seater. Somebody on Twitter said it looked a bit like a kit car.

I looked for iPace wheels but the only one that looked a bit like that was for the F-Pace and had five spokes, not six.
Smear a wee drop of honey on it and it could pass for my toast the other day

Reg plate is in the last picture. ?? 63 XGE

Wreck wheel, and i-Pace OEM wheel.
Screenshot 2024-05-02 231344.png
Screenshot 2024-05-02 231515.png

Reg plate is in the last picture. ?? 63 XGE

I didn't see that. I wonder if there's any way to enhance it?

ETA: I see it now, I wasn't looking in the middle of the heap. Looks like ??63 GXE to me. Doesn't look promising for getting the first two letters. I wonder why the wreck looks like a two-seater?

ETA again: I think it's ??69 GXE. Seems unlikely it would be a 2013 car, and the reports specifically single out the 2019 iPace model as the worst one for the fire risk.

Bingo, we have a match. That didn't come up when I did a search. Have a coconut.

So it's almost certainly an iPace, and it's burned to a crisp. While sitting on (or at least beside) a charger. This seems like a big deal, so what the hell happened and why isn't it all over Geoff Buys Cars? (I suppose it might have been, I don't actually hang on his every word. I might check his channel for October.)

Last edited:
Remind me about that. I knew there was something. What was the recall issue?

The other something was that there was a Jaguar iPace involved in all the shenanigans with Mr and Mrs Nicola Sturgeon, which has resulted in Mr (Peter Murrell) being charged with embezzlement. The number of that car is known and it has been followed through a couple of changes of owner by people who are interested in such things. I wonder if someone is trying to dispose of the evidence?

ETA: Got the info about the recall.

Last edited:

ETA: I see it now, I wasn't looking in the middle of the heap. Looks like ??63 GXE to me. Doesn't look promising for getting the first two letters. I wonder why the wreck looks like a two-seater?

ETA again: I think it's ??69 GXE. Seems unlikely it would be a 2013 car, and the reports specifically single out the 2019 iPace model as the worst one for the fire risk.
The article is reusing photos "posted by locals", so find the original post and you may have a chance of higher res. image. Good luck with that!

I don't know the iPace interior, but the rear seat is probably a bench type seat like the MG, and may also have been disturbed by the fire brigade.

I don't think we need the number, we know what it is. It wouldn't return any useful information now anyway, as the car is no longer on the road.

Top notch detective work, team. Better than the Sun managed.

No, Salty, we're not making a big deal about it, we're getting the facts so that if another EV hater points to this incident shouting about how all EVs go on fire, we can counter with the truth.

Pardon my ignorance but what is ETA: meaning ? My only knowledge of that is Estimated Time of Arrival.

No, Salty, we're not making a big deal about it, we're getting the facts so that if another EV hater points to this incident shouting about how all EVs go on fire, we can counter with the truth.
Didn't mean that to sound like it did.
Apologies. 🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom