• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

Apologies if already asked and answered elsewhere. I have placed an order for the trophy with the Chorley group. I was speaking to one of the sales team and they mentioned that it is possible to upgrade a trophy to the trophy connect by paying the £500. I have been under the impression that whilst that might be possible i the future, it isn’t the case at present. Can @MilesperkWh confirm or refute this please.
You can only upgrade prior to delivery - the car order would need to be changed. The Trophy Connect has a whole load of telecoms gubbins which the standard Trophy model does not have.

Surely it is only a question of supplying a Trophy Connect not physically upgrading a Trophy?

sorry did not see above post.

MilesperkWh saw your Youtube video yesterday and you were a bit ambiguous about whether you only got the Hotspot with the Trophy Connect, I had heard that it came with the Trophy.

Could you please confirm ?

MilesperkWh saw your Youtube video yesterday and you were a bit ambiguous about whether you only got the Hotspot with the Trophy Connect, I had heard that it came with the Trophy.

Could you please confirm ?
non-connect doesn't have the sim card so I would say it doesn't have a hotspot.

I think the Trophy must have the cellular electronics for the included OTA updates and app functionality etc. to work? Just a UI change where the signal strength bars, hotspot, online POIs, voice control etc. are hidden? The dealers are saying it's a hardware difference because it's not something they configure - it has to be ordered from MG as Trophy or Trophy Connect but is it really a hardware change?

I wonder if you can select the streaming quality for the Amazon music? I suspect not and also suspect it'll be set fairly low else people who've paid £500 for the Connect will run out of data! Miles has stated on FB that it's only 1GB/month.

Android Auto or Apple Carplay seem like much better options to me!

I don't understand why the Connect exists, the functionality upgrade is marginal and they should just include it with the Trophy.

I think the Trophy must have the cellular electronics for the included OTA updates and app functionality etc. to work? Just a UI change where the signal strength bars, hotspot, online POIs, voice control etc. are hidden? The dealers are saying it's a hardware difference because it's not something they configure - it has to be ordered from MG as Trophy or Trophy Connect but is it really a hardware change?
I was wondering this too, like you say it must have SOME connectivity in order for the app to work when you're not near the car. Perhaps its locked to just the App and OTA stuff, which would suggest a software difference rather than a hardware difference? Miles mentioned something about an extra ECU in the connnect though.

I was wondering this too, like you say it must have SOME connectivity in order for the app to work when you're not near the car. Perhaps its locked to just the App and OTA stuff, which would suggest a software difference rather than a hardware difference? Miles mentioned something about an extra ECU in the connnect though.
The only hardware difference I can think of is maybe the voice button is missing/blanked on the steering wheel.

Hardware for the hotspot would likely be missing.

I can't recall what else the connect offers though that wouldn't simply be software

Hi All,

Thanks for being active members of this forum - it's been great to see the growth over the past couple of years since @Stuart Wright and I first saw the ZS EV together at the EV Festival at Gaydon in 2019.

To continue to support the forum members, I've come up with an exclusive discount on the new facelifted, long range 72.6kWh MG ZS EV:

£500 discount, plus free Type-2 charging cable and carpet mats set.

This is on top of MG's PCP offer of £1500 finance deposit contribution, if you wish to take finance at 4.9% APR.

To confirm, the RRPs are:

SE Long Range - £28,495 (after grant)
Trophy Long Range - £30,995 (after grant)
Trophy Connect Long Range - £31,495 (after grant)

So with our discount, if taking finance (which you could clear a month after taking it out...), the balance to finance would be:

SE Long Range - £26,495
Trophy Long Range - £28,995 (after grant)
Trophy Connect Long Range - £29,495 (after grant)

Solid Paint (Arctic White): £Free
Metallic Paint (Pearl Black, Monument Silver, Battersea Blue): £545
Tri-Coat Paint (Dynamic Red): £695

To get the special discounted prices, please quote "MGEVs Forum" as the discount code when speaking to one of our sales people at Burnley (Tel: 01282 507780) or Chorley (01257 240614).

MGZSEV-3%EF%80%A24frontshot.jpg
@MilesperkWh With today's news what will your new prices be? My local dealer suggested to me that MG may make some compensatory price adjustments - that's going to be a tricky one to keep the SE, Trophy and Trophy Connect differentials sensible. What's your take?

@MilesperkWh With today's news what will your new prices be? My local dealer suggested to me that MG may make some compensatory price adjustments - that's going to be a tricky one to keep the SE, Trophy and Trophy Connect differentials sensible. What's your take?
This instant and sudden change to the grant has really throw a spanner in the works.
I think MG and a few potential customers of the face lift model thought something was likely to happen regarding the grant, but in the last budget.
But remember it was bad timing, because Scotland was hosting the COP26 conference very close to budget time.
It would have been ANOTHER total embarrassment and a contradiction in terms, to be taking about reducing our current c/o2 emissions and then pull the grant on incentives for cleaner EV's at the same time.
So, they have allowed the smoke to settle on the conference and NOW they have pulled the grant !. MG ( rightfully so ) held back on releasing the prices of the ZS EV face lift until after the budget, but it has now come back to raise it's ugly head above the water once again.
So, if I understanding correctly the SE will still be eligibly for the grant under the changes, but the Trophy model will not.
If MG adjust the price on the Trophy in an attempt to counter act the reduction in the grant, and therefore retain the strong interest shown in the Trophy model, what affect will that have on the prices of the SE model ??.
It's a headache MG hopefully tried to avoid, but no its a thorn in their side :(.

Having read a few threads now, I'm still not clear.

@MilesperkWh has stated on a thread in the MG5 section that any existing applications for the grant wont be affected.

Miles, can you clarify if all orders through Chorley are "safe"... I'm thinking a clear confirmation from you will put minds at rest and avoid your sales guys getting inundated with questions from worried buyers.

Having read a few threads now, I'm still not clear.

@MilesperkWh has stated on a thread in the MG5 section that any existing applications for the grant wont be affected.

Miles, can you clarify if all orders through Chorley are "safe"... I'm thinking a clear confirmation from you will put minds at rest and avoid your sales guys getting inundated with questions from worried buyers.
Yes, all orders placed prior to 15/12/21 at Chorley Group are protected at the old grant level.

I wonder if you can select the streaming quality for the Amazon music? I suspect not and also suspect it'll be set fairly low else people who've paid £500 for the Connect will run out of data! Miles has stated on FB that it's only 1GB/month.

Android Auto or Apple Carplay seem like much better options to me!

I don't understand why the Connect exists, the functionality upgrade is marginal and they should just include it with the Trophy.
Agreed. Seems like a pointless decision by MG to have a separate model, manage all logistics of ordering, delivering, etc cause all this confusion for the sake of £500 difference. They should have one Trophy with everything in - just like they have in Europe.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom